Cafe Love (w/ Baekhyun)

EXO ONESHOT REQUEST (your ideal scenarios) [Temporarily CLOSED]

Name : Jenny Kang
Nickname: J
Age : 18
Love Interest: BaekHyun
Plot summary: Jenny met Baekhyun several times at her favourite cafe every weekend. They both slowly grew feeling towards each other without knowing. They will end up being in relationship for years.

 


 

Being the natural clever she was, Jenny, who was holding her laptop and some notebooks, entered her favorite cafe. But this time, she wasn't there for the foods. Instead, she was there for the free wi-fi access. She needed to finish her school reports, and she didn't want to rent at some computer shops. She grinned at her mischief.

 

 

'I'm such a genius.' She told herself.

 

 

To not be too obvious, she ordered a coffee and a slice of chocolate cake. While waiting for her order, she started doing her work. She was too absorbed on what she was doing that she didn't realize that her foot was slightly slinging on her side, causing a man in a hurry to trip over and drop his belongings.

 

 

A soft sigh escaped the man's mouth while he was busy picking his things up. Jenny, on the other hand, was too shocked to even speak. When she already regained herself, she decided to help the man and when she came face to face with him, she almost forgot how to breathe. He looked like a prince!

 

 

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't know that my foot was-"

 

 

"It's okay, I wasn't even looking." The man cut her words. His baritone voice made Jenny's heart skip a beat, or what they call as such. He gently smiled at her and helped her get up.

 

 

"You seem to be in a hurry..." Jenny said out of awkwardness, her eyes never leaving the face of the man. His eyes widened and looked at his wristwatch.

 

 

"Oh, crap! Yeah, thanks for reminding. I'm going now, bye!" He exclaimed as he waved a little and went outside the cafe. Jenny sighed and smiled like an idiot. 'Hey, I didn't even get your name...'

 

 

Jenny went back to her seat with regret on her face as she didn't even had the chance to know the stanger's name. She decided to just finish her work and left the cafe after a couple of hours.


 

 

 

The next day, Jenny decided to go back at the cafe. It was sunday that day, and she was too lazy to go shopping or go somewhere. No, she's not a loner or something, it was just her friends were with their respective families during weekends. 

 

 

She was busy looking for a vacant seat, her tray of orders in her hands. Since it was Sunday, it was just usual to see the cafe full of customers. Why, it was such a good place to unwind.

 

 

"Jenny!" Eh? Someone was calling her? She turned her back to look at the person who called her name. She didn't notice a man on her back so as a result, her tray bumped with him and her ice coffee spilled over the man's clothes. But it wasn't what happened that made her gasp in shock; it was because of the man itself.

 

 

'It's him!'

 

 

"Owww... It's cold." The man shook away her thoughts. She immediately grabbed her handkerchief and gave it to him.

 

 

"I'm sorry, mister! I didn't mean to do it..." She apologized. 

 

 

She saw recognition on the man's eyes when he looked at her. He remembered her. She secretly smiled.

 

 

"Jenny-ya, I'm sorry I'm late." She heard the same voice that called 'her' a while ago. Oh, so she wasn't really calling her...

 

 

"It's okay. Why does whenever we meet, I'll always end up in misery?" He jokingly asked that made Jenny laugh.

 

 

"I don't know either, I was never an accident prone before..."

 

 

"Let me carry that. Seems like your alone. Let's sit? I'll accompany you." He said. She doesn't know if it was his warm smile, or the tone of his voice, or he himself was the reason as to why she just found herself following him to look for a sit.

 

 

When they were already settled, she felt her hands tremble. They were cold. Was she nervous? But why? She's a talkative person. But with this guy, it seemed to be unbelievable.

 

 

"May I know your name?" He asked while staring straight onto her eyes. She didn't know why, but she can see admiration in his eyes. Or was it just her imagination?

 

 

"W-why?" She found herself asking. Oh, what an idiot was she! She should've just answered her name!

 

 

The man was dumbfounded for a while, but then again he gave her an amused laugh. "So I would know who to send to the police station once we bumped into each other again," He jokingly answered.

 

 

She smiled. He looked so adorable. "I'm Jenny. Kang Jenny."

 

 

"Jenny..." He repeated. "I'm Byun Baekhyun." He offered her a handshake on which she gladly accepted. "Please don't mistook my name with a Bacon."

 

 

That made her smile and finally calm. The next few hours seemed to pass so fast. Baekhyun needed to go, and so was she. They exchanged numbers before bidding goodbye, and promised each other to meet again the next weekend. Same time, same place.

 

 

Jenny went home with a satisfied smile and a glooming aura.


 

 

 

 

Jenny and Baekhyun had been constantly seeing each other during weekends. They text and call each other, they dine together, they go to different places together to date. 

 

 

Yes, they were finally dating.

 

 

Baekhyun has this qualities that never fail to amaze Jenny. He's funny, he's smart, he's sweet, he's more talkative than her. He's perfect.

 

 

And now they were heading to a beach. Baekhyun once asked her what her ideal date was, and she said it was a date on the beach. She was surprised to know that he still remembered what she answered. He had asked that on their second day of knowing each other.

 

 

While Baekhyun was talking to the man in-charge, Jenny roamed her eyes around. Whoa, the beach was perfect! The scent of the salty water and the breeze of the morning air added to her excitement.

 

 

"Jenny, do you want to stroll around first? We'll get sunburnt if we swim at this time." Baekhyun said, giving her a warm smile.

 

 

Jenny nodded her head. "Sure! I want to see the shops. I'll surely buy a lot!" She even clasped her hands in excitement. The amused Baekhyun grabbed her arm and guided her inside.

 

 

Once inside an accessory shop, Jenny couldn't help but to praise everything she saw; everything was so pretty! From the handmade necklaces to the colorful head bands. She tried on fitting a beautiful purple headband and looked at herself in a mirror.

 

 

"Beautiful," A voice said that startled Jenny. It was Baekhyun, and he was staring at her face.

 

 

"Yah, you startled me!" Jenny exclaimed while laughing. Baekhyun joined her laugh.

 

 

"Jenny-ya, this looks pretty, right?" Baekhyun asked while lifting a bracelet. He was right, it was really pretty. Buy she observed something.

 

 

"Bacon-ah, you can't buy that." 

 

 

"Why?"

 

 

"It's a couple bracelet, you babo!" Jenny answered as she pinched his cheeks. He smiled then imprisoned her hands with his.

 

 

"Then why don't we be a couple? Will you be my girlfriend, Jenny?" Baekhyun asked in the gentlest voice she had ever heard. 

 

 

She froze in her place, unable to find the correct answer on her mind. What should she say?

 

 

"A-are you serious-"

 

 

"I'm serious. I should've asked this a long time ago. But I was so much of a coward that it took me just now to ask you..." Baekhyun cut her words. He sounded nervous.

 

 

Right there and then, the only thing that they could see were just the two of them. They were even unable to see or feel the customers' watching them. Even so, it was fine with them as they were like watching a love story. Some old women were also shedding some tears, remembering the time when it was them on Jenny's position.

 

 

Jenny felt teary-eyed, then after a few seconds, she nodded her head while tears of happiness continuously fell from her eyes. Baekhyun then pulled her and kissed her in delight, much of Jenny's shock.

 

 

When he finally let go of her lips, that was when they were already back from being aware of their surroundings. Customers, even the owners, started to clap their hands and send their 'congratulations' to them. The new couple, especially Jenny, blushed so hard.

 

 

"Thanks, everyone! I love this girl so much. And in front of you, I promise not to hurt her. It may sound like cliche, but I will love her for the rest of my life." Baekhyun then kissed her for the second time.

 

 

"Take that couple bracelet for free. It's fun to have this shop as the place of new couples!" The owner ahjumma said, giving them a happy smile.

 

 

"Ahjumma, you were gossiping with us even before he confessed, huh?" Jenny jokingly said that made all of them laugh.

 

 

 

 

END.


 

A/N: JENNNNNY_STAR I hope you like it :) Sorry if I didn't meet up your expectations ^^