Total Opposites (w/ Baekhyun)

EXO ONESHOT REQUEST (your ideal scenarios) [Temporarily CLOSED]

Name: Oh Seul Ki
Nickname: JinJeong (literally means "calm")
Age: 18
Love interest: Byun Baekhyun; EXO-K
Plot summary: It's Seul Ki's first year in college along with her twin brother, Oh Sehun. She was majoring in music. Right off the bat, she was requested by the principal to come up with a duet song for the school's homecoming game. She was paired up with Baekhyun, who was the total opposite of her in every aspect except for their love in music. Being the aeygo lover Baekhyun is, he always did random "cutesy" acts in front of Seul Ki, which pisses the crap out of her. Not only that, but he also often tries to flirt with her, which doesn't end up too well because not only does she ignore him, but he gets the death glare from one of his best friends which happens to also be her twin brother. Since they had to work together constantly for two months, Seul Ki soon learned to put up with Baekhyun, and might even be starting to develop feelings for him.

A/N: ShineeShawol_34, I think college students don't have a principal anymore.

They're called "dean" so I made it a little different. I hope it's fine^^


 

 

 

"Seul Ki-ya, what time will you class end?" Sehun asked, my twin brother, while we were entering the school.

 

"3pm." I simply answered. We're both in our first year of college, but with different courses. I majored in music while he majored in dance. We're twins, but we treat each other as best friend. Sometimes his overprotectiveness pisses me off, but since it benefits me, I just let him. Just like now, I know his classes would end at 1pm, but he would wait for 2 hours just to walk me home. How cool is that, eh?

 

"Alright. I'll wait for you at the lobby then." I nodded and we separate ways. I was about to enter my room when I heard someone giggling like there's no tomorrow. My curiosity striked so I tried to find where those irritating sounds came from. I found the culprit, and it didn't surprise me to see Byun Baekhyun with the giggling girl. As usual, he's flirting... I rolled my eyes as I enter the room, leaving the two with their moment.

 

Just as I was about to close the door, a hand appeared and prevented me from closing it. I looked at who it was and saw Baekhyun. "I'll go in too, pretty lady." He said as he slightly pushed me inside so he could get in. He winked at me before he took his seat and I just gave him a deadly glare. If only glares could give off knives, he'll surely be chopped into pieces by now.

 

He sweetly smiled at me in return and my lips formed a single line and decided to ignore him. The professor finally arrived and the lesson went on. About twenty minutes before the first class ends, the professor told us something that cought everyone's attention.

 

"Music department will hold a singing competition. Each class needs a participant for solo and duet catgory. Anyone interested?" Everyone raised their hands, except for the uninterested Baekhyun and me. The professor seemes to notice us as she stood up and went near us. 

 

"I think Mr. Byun and Ms. Oh will fit in the duet category," she said, taking the whole class' attention. I immediately shook my head.

 

"N-no, I'm not interested." Not with that playboy who knows nothing but flirt,>

 

I eyed Baekhyun from my side to see his reaction. His face was showing no expression aside from boredom. Can't wait to see his girls, huh?

 

"Nope, I really think you'll make a great team up. You have a week to practice, goodluck." she said with finality. I couldn't help but sigh as I look at Baekhyun with pure disgust in my face. He seemed to sense that I was looking at him so he turned to me and gave me his infamous flirtatious smile.

 

"I know you're happy to be paired up with me. Don't try to hide it," I gave him a dirty look before I stood up to leave the room and go to my next class. He stood up too and followed, which irritated the hell out of me.

 

"Why are you following me?!" I exclaimed, stopping on my tracks.

 

He whistled before he answered. "Conceited, aren't we?" he laughed. "Well sad to say, we're in the same class, remember?" 

 

And that hit me. I felt my cheeks flush so I started to walk away with double speed, embarrassed. I could still hear laughter from afar so I closed my eyes in irritation and didn't notice the guy in front of me. I felt cold liquid slowly run through my clothes. And the next thing I knew, my chest was fully wet, exposing my... My bra! I immediately covered my chest with with hands, making the books I was carrying fall on the floor.

 

"I'm sorry, Miss!" the guy who bumped into me apologized. I gave him a dry smile as he picked up my books. Just when I was about to grab the books, I felt a jacket enveloped my upper body, covering my almost exposed chest. I looked at who did it and saw Baekhyun, smiling. For a while, I thought I saw an angel with him... Until he spoke.

 

"Well, look at who's seducing me here," he said with mischief. The guy who bumped me quietly escaped as my eyes focused on Baekhyun, killing him with my glare. "Too early for that, baby."

 

I hit his head with my book and immediately walked away. His laughter was echoing through the corridor, making all students stare at him in curiosity. I don't care if I was using his jacket, I don't care if he saved me, I just want him off my sight.

 


 

The classes already ended. And what added more to my pityful state was the fact that today was also the start of my practice with Baekhyun. With Baekhyun!

 

"Seul Kim what took you so long? You're a minute late." Sehun said, arms crossed while leaning his back on the wall. I sighed as I gave him my things. "Hey, problem?"

 

"What do you think?" I said, then started explaining about my forced duet competition and the practice. Sehun's face couldn't be described upon hearing Baekhyun's name. I know we're both thinking the same.

 

"Seul Ki! Professor Lee's already looking for us," Baekhyun said while running to us. Sehun eyed him from head to toe and I just wanted to laugh when I saw disgust clearly written in his face.

 

"You," Sehun said, referring to Baekhyun. "I don't like to see you flirting with my sister. Understand?" He said with a cold voice. Baekhyun scratched the back of his head and turned to me, smiling. I scoffed at him before I looked away.

 

"That'll be hard..." I heard him say.

 

"What did you say?!" Sehun exclaimed.

 

"I said," Baekhyun looked at me. "we're already late for the practice. Bye, brother-in-law!" he said as he grabbed my hand and ran. I couldn't do anything but to run ran as well or I'll end up kissing the floor. I saw Sehun shook his head at Baekhyun's childishness.

 

We were catching our breath when we reached the room where we will practice. The trainer was already therem sitting with his spectacles on. He eyes us from head to toe before he instructed us to sing for him to determine what kind of song would fit us.

 


 

The practice finally ended, and what added more to the tireness I was feeling was Baekhyun's nonstop talking. I looked at him with begging in my eyes. 

 

"Can you please, just this once, listen to me and shut your mouth? I'm so tired and..." Before I could finish my sentence, I felt like the whole world started spinning. I saw Baekhyun rush to my side before darkness ate my whole sight.

 


 

I woke up in a familiar room: my room. I observed, and saw that my clothes were already different. I remembered I was still in school when... Oh, my gosh!> I collapsed, and Baekhyun... Did he bring me home?

 

I was busy thinking when the door opened, revealing Sehun behind. "Are you okay now? You collapsed and Baekhyun brought you home," he said as he touch my forehead. "Normal heat."

 

"Where's he?"

 

"Living room," he answered. 

 

"Huh? What's he doing there?" I asked, surprised.

 

"You know mom and dad, they want you to have a boyfriend, right? So seeing Baekhyun carrying you home gave them too much excitement." he said, obviously teasing. I scoffed and groaned.

 

"Don't put malice on what happened. He just happened to be there when you abandoned your sister." I said, crossing my arms and rasing an eyebrow to him.

 

"Oh, Baekhyun-ah, my angel's already awake." We heard our mom said. Upon hearing, Baekhyun immediately poked his head inside my room and went in.

 

"Oh, hey! You collapsed on my arms. Don't you find it romantic?" he started, making me groan in frustration. Here we go again! Oh, give me a break!> I planted my face on my pillow, not answering him.

 

"Don't kiss the pillow. I'm here, alive and free..." 

 

"YAHHHHHH!!!!!" I shouted, glaring at him. I noticed that it was just the two of us left in the room. Stupid brother, where is he when i needed him?

 

"Why?" he innocently asked. "Anyway, the doctor said you collapsed because of stress. Don't stress yourself too much, okay?" he said with a gentle voice. It was very unusual of him to be heard using that tone as he always flirts.

 

"You're the primary source of my stress," I found myself answering.

 

"Oh, is that so? Hmm... Then... Don't think about me too much, okay?"

 

I threw a pillow I randomly grabbed on his face. He luckily dodged it and gave me a peace sign. "Why are you so mad at me?" he asked in a serious tone. His face also became serious.

 

"Because you're a playboy. You flirt to every girl you see," I answered.

 

"I could sense jealousy..." he said. I rolled my eyes and was about to throw another pillow again when he did it first; he threw the pillow I threw at him on my face!

 


 

The next day, when I was about to go to school, I found Baelkhyun outside our house, leaning his back on the gate. Is he waiting for my brother?

 

"Yah," I tried to get his attention. "What are you doing here?"

 

He spinned around and smile upon hearing me. "Oh, goodmorning, Jinjeong," I frowned. "Sehun told me he can't go to school today. So he asked me to walk with you sonce our houses are just 2 blocks away."

 

I froze. So that's the reason why I didn't see any hint of worry on Sehun's face when he told me he can't walk me to school? It's because he already told this flirt about it? I sighed as I walked past him.  He immediately followed me and soon, my usual peaceful morning routine became too noosy because of him. But I must admit, he sometimes could make me laugh.

 

I found myself laughing at his jokes when we entered the our room. The professor, who was a minute earlier, looked at us with shock in her eyes. But I just ignored it and bowed my head a little to Baekhyun, on which he answered with a wink. I shook my head and let out a smile. He wasn't that bad after all...

 


 

AFTER 3 DAYS

 

We were taking a break for our practice when Professor Lee excused himself and went out of the room. Baekhyun and I were left with nothing to do. Out of boredom, I started to hum a song.

 

"Seul Ki," he called. I turned my gaze to him from the floor I was staring. "Do you want to watch a movie with me later?"

 

I felt strange as I stare at his eyes. My heart was beating faster. Was I scared? No, it was just the normal speed of the heart beat of a person in love...

 

Yes, I must admit I fell for this man's witty remarks and refreshing smile. You read it right, I didn't find his smile irritating anymore. 

 

"W-why?" 

 

He sat beside me and cupped my hand. I nervously looked at out now intertwined hands and I stiffened. What... What is he doing?

 

He took a deep breath before he started to talk. "Why? Why would a man ask a girl for a date?" A date? "I like you, Jinjeong-ah." he said with his most serious voice. I felt my eyes moisten in delight do I immediately wiped it. He seemed to take it for the wrong as I saw his face full of worry.

 

"H-hey, don't cry. I know you hate me but---"

 

"I like you too, idiot! I like you because you're so stupid sometimes and that makes you really cute. I like you because when your mouth starts to open, it makes me laugh like a fool. And I like you because... Whenever I'm with you, I feel special.." Then I started reminiscing the times he showed his care towards me. In the past days, he showed me nothing but pure respect and care. Of course, his flirt nature didn't escape. But still, he showed me how special I was.

 

He laughed a hearty laugh. "I didn't expect you to like me, too."

 

I pinched his cheeks quite hard, enough for him to scream in pain. "I didn't expect that, too." I answered.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

END

 

 

 

A/N: hey guys! Sorry about the format. My computer broke down and I had no choice but to update with an ipad. It as it needed HTML mode and honestly, I just know a bit of it so yeah... I'll just edit this until the computer's fixed :)