Date?

His and Hers

Chapter 2

The next day as she stood in the hallway not far from the science room, Hyomi saw Jaejoong sauntering down the hall with two of his friends. Grudgingly, she had to admit that most girls would die for his looks. She bit her lip. If she was going to make a move, she had to do it now.

Pacing herself, Hyomi reached the door at the same time as Jaejoong. “Hi”, she said, looking up at him and smiling. Jaejoong just glanced at her , and the animated expression on his face faded. He said nothing. With a curt nod, he stepped past her into the room.

Staring after him, Hyomi fumed. Who did he think he was, anyway? All she had done was try to be friendly, and he’d treated her like dirt. What a jerk! Gritting her teeth, Hyomi walked to her seat, trying to act as if nothing was wrong. She carefully set her books on her desk though she wanted to throw them straight at Jaejoong.

“Hey,what’s with you?” Boa, Hyomi’s lab partner, asked. “You look like you were just bitten by a rattlesnake.” “Something like that,” Hyomi muttered. She figured Jaejoong was probably in the back of the room, laughing at her with his stupid friends.

Deliberately dropping her pencil, Hyomi turned in her seat so she could see Jaejoong when she picked it up.

Instead of snickering with his friends. Jaejoong was looking at her. Surprised, she met his gaze for a few seconds before he scowled and turn away. “Oh, he makes me so mad!” Hyomi said aloud as she grabbed the pencil and turned back to face the front of the room.

“Who’s got you so steamed up?” Boa asked.   “Kim Jaejoong! Do you know anything about him?”

Boa glanced toward the back of the room. “Not much more than you. Just that he’s gorgeous and he plays on just about every other team. One of the girls in my English class says he’s sort of quiet.”

“Quiet? I can’t believe that!” Hyomi said. “He’s always talking to his dopey friends.” Boa shrugged. “I never thought much about him. Since I met Joon I haven’t been looking.”

“Well, I’m not looking either. I can’t stand stuck-up athletes!” Hyomi snapped.  Just then, the chemistry teacher, came into the room. Hyomi opened her notebook, but couldn’t concentrate on a word he was saying. Instead, she kept fuming about Jaejoong and his dad. Finally, she managed to calm down by telling herself that se didn’t have anything to worry about. Maybe her mother’s date with Mr. Kim would be a disaster.

On Thursday night, Hyomi peered out her bedroom window, waiting for Mr. Km to arrive. She hadn’t tried to talk to her mother into cancelling her date, but she certainly wasn’t going to put her seal of approval on it by meeting him at the door.

At last, a dark green car to her street and drove slowly toward her house. “Oh, no, a Mercedes!” Hyomi groaned. “Why couldn’t he drive a beat-up Chevy or something?”

Moving back so she couldn’t be seen. Hyomi watched as Mr. Jaejoong got our of the car and walked up to the porch. She had to admit that Jaejoong’s dad was good looking. He was also muscular like Jaejoong- his broad shoulders seemed to more than fill his sport jacket. Why couldn’t he have been scrawny and ugly? Hyomi thought.

The doorbell rang. “Hyomi!” Her mother called on her way downstairs to answer the door. “I’d like you to meet Mr. Kim.” That was the last thing Hyomi wanted to hear. She dashed into the bathroom and turned the shower on full force. IF she was in the shower , then she couldn’t possibly meet anybody. “Can’t come right now, Mom,” She hollered.

A few minutes later, when she thought the coast would be clear, Hyomi came out of hiding and hurried to the window again. As she watched Mr. Kim open the car door for her mom, Hyomi grimaced. She had to admit her mom looked great, especially as she gave Mr. Kim a brilliant smile. Hyomi had been hoping this date wouldn’t go well, but already it looked like it was starting off too well.

Later that night, Hyomi finished her chemistry assignment and tried to work on her English composition. But she couldn’t help wondering which restaurant Mr. Kim had chosen, and if they had gone anywhere after ward.

Around ten o’clock, Hyomi put on the tea kettle so the water would be boiling when her mom get home. They could sit down over a cup of tea and Hyomi could hear about how awful-she hoped- her mother’s date was. Fifteen minutes later, Hyomi heard the front door open, and her mom walked into the hall. “Want a cup of tea, mom? The water’s hot.” “Sounds good!” Her mom followed Hyomi into the kitchen.

Hyomi prepared two mugs of tea, and she and her mother sat down at the table. “That was  pretty fancy car.” She said.  Her mom smiled. “Mmmm.. Nice, wasn’t it?” Hyomi frowned. Her mom was definitely not acting like her usual sensible self. “Sort of expensive. Is he rich?” Hyomi held her breath hoping Mr. Kim didn’t have one more thing to add to his list of good points.

“It’s a company’s car. And it’s not of our business if he’s rich or not.” Her mother said. “did he-uh-did he try anything?” Hyomi asked. Mrs. Park burst out laughing, “Oh, Hyomi! What a question! You’d think you were the mother and I was the daughter. No, he didn’t try anything. He was a perfect gentleman.”

Hyomi stared at her mother. She looked positively starry-eyed, like a teenager after a big dance, and hyomi realized that it was the first time she’s seen her mom so happy in ages. “I’m sorry,. Mom.” She leaned over and kissed her cheek. “I’m glad you had fun.”

Later as she lay in bed, Hyomi remembered that starry-eyed look. She didn’t want to ruin her mother’s happiness, but she was sure she could find someone her mom would like just as much Mr. Kim. There must be a lot of unattached men around. Hyomi thought. I’ll have to start looking first thing tomorrow.

-----.

 

I hope you like the update. Looking forward for comments. I hope so, someone would leave one.


Comment replies

Emma1992 = thank you so much. And here's an update.

Alzina = hope you like the update!

guiwang_4ever = thanks! I'm sorry for the short chapter