~ Two ~

Mistake + Mistakes = ……….. A longer & difficult road to obtain forgiveness

Yuri returned home at 6pm. She quickly put her groceries bags on the dining table and went into the bedroom to change to more comfortable clothes. After that, she walked into the kitchen to start preparing dinner for Yunho’s family. She was so concentrated on her task that she never realised Yunho had returned home and was staring intently at her from the kitchen doorway.

Yunho would never think he would be fascinated by Yuri busily cooking. During these few months of their marriage, Yunho had refused to eat the meals prepared by Yuri at first. Yuri noticed that but she was not bothered by it. She kept preparing and left the food on the table and either left for work or retreated into her room so as to avoid bumping into her husband. Gradually, Yunho ate the food. However, he refused to praise Yuri though the food was great.

Yunho kept silent and watched Yuri with fascination. She would put on a smile whenever she had finished preparing a dish. Yuri would also pat her abdomen lovingly while cooking. It was only when she nearly slipped as the floor was getting oily from all the cooking that Yunho appeared to hold her.

Yuri tensed and flinched involuntarily. She did not know that Yunho would be coming back so early. She mumbled a soft “thank you” and continued with her work. Yunho’s face turned gloomy at Yuri’s reaction. However, before he could say anything, the doorbell chimed.

Yuri quickly rearranged her hair and attire before opening the door with a genuine smile. Yuri had always loved Yunho’s parents. She felt that she had affinity with any elders and could communicate with them well. However, she would always found it tough and awkward to converse with friends of her age. Hence, she had really cherished Tiffany, her only best friend.

Yunho’s parents were gladder to visit their filial daughter-in-law rather than their rebellious son. The dinner went smoothly and well with the couple trying their hardest effort to out on a show for Yunho’s parents.

Even when Yunho put his arm over Yuri’s shoulder, her fake smile never falter until one sensitive question was brought up by Mrs Jung.

“Yuri, I remember that you are due for another check-up tomorrow. Has Yunho arranged to bring you to the clinic?” Mrs Jung casually asked.

“Mum, as you know that Jung Corporation has clinched another prestigious project recently, Yunho is currently tied down with his work and…”

“Nonsense!” Mrs Jung’s sudden outburst made Yuri jumped a little. Yunho patted her shoulders subconsciously to soothe her but Yuri failed to notice. “No matter how busy is the husband; he must fork out time to accompany his wife for the regular check-ups. No reason or excuse should be accepted!”

“Mum… I’ll be fine going on my own… I…” Yuri tried to explain but she was cut off by Yunho. “Mum, it’s okay… I’ll accompany Yuri to the clinic tomorrow…”

Yuri tried to fight down the urge to glance back at Yunho in astonishment and faked a smile.

It was rather late when Yuri kissed goodnight to Yunho’s parents. She tried to hide her disgust when Yunho hugged and kissed her on her lips. She was walking towards the guest room when Mr Jung stopped her.

“Yuri, why are you sleeping in the guest room?” Mr Jung arched his eyebrows questioningly.

“Dad… I tend to turn and twist around in sleep during pregnancy…. I don’t wish to disturb Yunho’s sleep and let him wake up having panda eyes in the morning..!” Yuri tried to crack a joke, noticing the atmosphere had gone tense. Mrs Jung did not buy her story. However, after Yuri assured them again and again with a smile, they shook their head reluctantly and let her rest.

“Yunho, we need to talk.” Mr Jung signalled his wife and son to the study room.

Yunho tried hard not to fidget in his seat as he was nervous of what his parents were going to discuss. “My son, aren’t you glad that Yuri is such a lovely wife who is willing to suffer in silence and covers all your lies?” Mr Jung slammed the table furiously. Mrs Jung crossed her arms and glanced disapprovingly at her only son.

“How… How… How did you know that?” Yunho stammered, bewildered that his parents had seen through their acts.

“Yunho, to be frank with you, your father and I hired a private investigator to check on you… We were depressed to find out that you had not severed ties with your ex-girlfriend, Tiffany… Truthfully speaking, we were about to find her to clear matters when she did us all good by leaving for America…” Mrs Jung explained. “But do you know what saddened us the most? It’s Yuri! Every week, I’ll call her up to check on your progress. Every single time, she would be cheerfully laughing, describing sweet and romantic things that you two had done together… But your father and I know clearly that all these can only happen in her dreams… Sometimes, I do wonder whether she will have a better life, marrying another guy who will care and love her… And not you! Yunho, do you know that you are very selfish? All you think was of yourself? Have you ever thought of Yuri?” Mrs Jung reprimanded, her teary eyes reflecting the pain felt for her daughter-in-law who had received unjustified treatment.

“We will not stay here for the night… I don’t wish to stay in a house that is full of lies and selfishness… Your mother and I will accommodate at a nearby hotel… Do think through all your harsh actions towards Yuri!” With that, Yunho’s parents stormed out of the study room. Yunho felt as if his parents had just knocked some senses into him. He hurriedly chased after them.

However, along the hallway, they heard muffled pained moans coming out from Yuri’s room. Yunho anxiously opened the door a bit. They were shocked to see Yuri tossing her head on the pillow and clasping her abdomen in pain. She tried to stifle her painful moans by biting down a towel. From the dim light of the table lamp, they could see that beads of sweat rolling off Yuri’s forehead and she seemed to squirm in agony.

“So this is what Yuri is suffering through every night? Yunho, where are you when she needs you the most?” Mr Jung whispered furiously into Yunho’s ear and left shaking his head with his wife.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alright... Another chappie up today... I feel so bad having to update this story & not the other one of mine... T__T