~ Four ~

Mistake + Mistakes = ……….. A longer & difficult road to obtain forgiveness

Yuri woke up feeling something heavy draped on her abdomen. She rubbed her eyes and was surprised to see Yunho sleeping beside her, snuggling closely against her. She tried to resist the urge of vomiting while removing his arm from her and climbed out of the bed softly and silently. She was just in time to reach the bathroom and vomited everything out. It was an uncommon sight. This morning sickness had plagued her ever since the start of her pregnancy. The cramps that she experienced almost every night was another symptoms suffered by Yuri. However, she did not raise any of these issues to Yunho. Yuri brushed her teeth and took a quick shower.

Unknown to Yuri, Yunho was a light sleeper and he was already awake when she removed his hand from her round belly. He sat up and walked to the bathroom and was guilt-stricken when he heard faint vomiting sound. Yunho washed up and went to the kitchen to prepare some light breakfast.

When Yuri walked into the kitchen, she was surprised to see her husband cooking breakfast for both of them. It was the first time that Yuri seen him cooking. Being curious, she asked “Has your parents gone out for breakfast? I’m sorry for not waking up earlier to…”

“It’s okay… They did not stay for the night…” Yunho answered plainly without looking up from his frying pan. “Take a seat at the dining table… Breakfast will be ready soon…”

“Oh, okay… Thank you…” Yuri mumbled and left. Soon, Yunho emerged from the kitchen carrying two plates of toast with egg and set down on the table. Yuri took a whiff of the food fragrance and could not help but rushed to the sink to vomit again. Yunho hurriedly went after his wife and patted her back softly.

“I’m sorry… Yunho… I always drink a glass of milk in the morning instead as I can’t stand solid food… Sorry that your effort was wasted…” Yuri apologised weakly. She rinsed and walked to the fridge to take a packet of milk. Yunho snatched the packet of milk from Yuri. “Let me warm it up for you.”

He poured the milk into the pan and heated it up. Yuri stared at his back; tears threatening to fall down but she blinked them back. She had always yearned for affection from Yunho but she had never received. She knew everything was a mistake. She made the mistake of falling for Yunho who she knew that he loved Tiffany, her best friend. She made another mistake of not objecting to the forced marriage, resulting in three broken hearts. She felt as if she had broken up a pair of lovebirds. But she wondered what caused the change in Yunho’s attitude. She recalled the conversation with Changmin, Yunho’s younger cousin, a week ago.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Yuri! Yunho does not deserve you! He does not deserve your love! Do you know that he is still keeping in touch with his ex-girlfriend? Your best friend, for goodness sake!” Changmin cried with urgency over the phone.

“Ya, I know…” Yuri answered in monotone. “What? You knew that all along and you kept quiet? Oh no… Oh no… Don’t tell me… Don’t tell me that both of you were acting all the time being a lovely pair of lovebirds?” Changmin was practically screaming into the phone.

Silence greeted him. Changmin knew the truth would hurt Yuri but he continued anyway. “Yunho… Yunho said that everything was a mistake! He said that he mistaken you as Tiffany and forced himself on you, is that true?”

Yuri was shocked. “How… How did you know that…?” Yuri stuttered in fear. Her broken heart broken into pieces upon hearing that Yunho treated their child as a mistake, an irreversible mistake.

“I overheard Yunho’s conversation with Tiffany at the airport… Tell me, did Yunho abuse you? Did he hurt you?” His voice quavered with heavy concern.

“Changmin-ah, don’t worry about me… Yunho only hurt me once… Just once… Only that incident…” Yuri sobbed despite her assurance to Changmin.

“Yuri-ah, do you know it hurts me terribly that you are suffering in the futile marriage?” Changmin cracked with emotion.

“Changmin…”

“No… Let me say this out… I want to let you know that I’ve fallen in love with you on that day we met but it seemed that you only have eyes for Yunho… I persuaded myself that so long that you are happy and having a blissful life with Yunho, I would keep my love for you secretly… Loving you from afar… But now… Now that I know you are suffering, do you know how much it takes to prevent me from going to your house and snatch you over…? I know that it may be difficult for you to accept this… But I just want to let you know that I love you and will always love you… If you are faced with any difficulties or misery, I’ll welcome you with open arms and lend you my shoulder… Do you understand…?”

Yuri nodded her head, having much difficulty in uttering that she understood. She managed a soft whisper. “I know, Changmin… I know…” With that she ended the call.

How irony it was to love someone who didn’t love you. “Changmin loves me but I love Yunho… But… Yunho’s heart is with Tiffany, my best and only friend… Changmin, if only… If only you had appeared earlier than Yunho… I may have fallen in love with you… But it was too late… Too late… Everything was too late… I have given my heart to Yunho but he had ruthlessly trampled on it… I don't have anymore thing to give you, changmin-ah, I'm sorry…”

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yunho waved his hands frantically in front of his spaced-out wife. Yuri regained her conscious with a start and mumbled apologies. Yunho held out the glass of warm milk to Yuri which Yuri gulped down thankfully. She rinsed the glass at the sink and walked out of the kitchen to retrieve her handbag from the couch. She was about to walk to the front door when Yunho grabbed her wrist.

“Why didn’t you wait for me? Why didn’t you wake me up?” Yunho asked, he could not help but felt neglected.

“Erm… It’s okay, I’ll manage on my own… Since dad and mum are not around, can we just stop acting…?” Yuri pleaded softly, not looking at Yunho.

“I’m not acting at this moment… Just wait for me… I’ll accompany you to the clinic…” Yuri gave a small nod and Yunho proceeded to his room to change. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yippeee! Another update today... I'm fast, isn't it? Haha... Anyway, just to let you guys know that I can't update on weekends... As I need to have family time... So I apologise here for the long wait that you guys must endured... T__T