~ Seventeen ~

Mistake + Mistakes = ……….. A longer & difficult road to obtain forgiveness

“Can someone just inform us why we are here?” Mrs Jung crossed her arms and asked irritably. Yunho ignored his mother’s question and continued to make tea solemnly.

Yunho had practically begged Mr and Mrs Kwon to attend this important gathering. He had also pleaded for his parents to attend. Sooyoung, Yoona, Siwon and Donghae were also requested by Yunho to attend this clueless meeting. Jaejoong and Changmin came once they received the call from Yunho as they were frightened by Yunho’s urgent tone

Changmin studied his cousin’s back and was not surprised to note that Yunho had been more fatigue-looking since the last time they met in Yuri’s workplace.

“Sigh… Yuri, where are you? I’m sure that Yunho is definitely in love with you… He’s in a worse state compared to the period when Tiffany left for States… Why did you disappear without a trace, making him worried so much? Jaejoong and I aren’t anywhere better as we’re haunted by guilt every night… Yuri, we love you so much that it hurts to see you suffering in the marriage… We know that you only love Yunho and hence, we wanted to help you… We thought Yunho would proclaim his love for you when he was jealous of us… Sigh… I guess it was a wrong move… An idiotic bad idea…” Changmin silently blamed himself. Jaejoong passed him an understanding look and gave an encouraging pat on his shoulder.

Yunho placed the cups of tea on the coffee table and said in a crackled tone. “I’m sorry, everyone… I’m not as capable as Yuri who can make great coffee… Hence I’ve made Lipton tea instead…”

Changmin and Jaejoong took a cup of tea each. They were about to drink when they were startled by Yunho’s unexpected action. Yunho had swallowed his dignity and kneeled on the floor in front of everybody. “Oh my gosh, Yunho, what are you doing?!” Changmin hurriedly placed the cup on the table and wanted to help his cousin when Yunho prevented him. “Changmin, just let me continue…” Changmin sat back at the couch and watched disbelievingly at his stubborn cousin.

Yunho took a deep breath before continuing. “I know… No matter how much apologies I’m going to make is not enough to seek your forgiveness… Mr and Mrs Kwon, I had mistreated Yuri at the start of the marriage… Dad… Mum… I’ve let you down… I’ve let your daughter-in-law suffered because of me… Yoona, Sooyoung, Siwon and Donghae, I’m sorry to hurt your friend… Changmin… Jaejoong… I’ve let both of you down… I should have cherished the love from Yuri… I shouldn’t have let jealousy blinded me and spit nasty words at Yuri… Causing her to faint… Causing her to cry… Because of me… I’m a terrible husband…” Yunho sobbed uncontrollably. Everyone was touched by the sincerity in Yunho’s tone. The girls had started to dab their eyes using their sleeves.

Yunho recomposed himself and continued. “I know that I deserve this… Deserve this cruel punishment… Being ignored by my wife… I know that some of you… You know where Yuri is… I’m too ashamed to ask you to bring me to her… But at least… At least let me know that she is fine… No… No… Yuri won’t be fine… She has serious morning sickness and cramps…” Yunho shook his head violently and stared pleadingly at both Yuri and his parents. “Dad… Mum… Could you… Could you bring some tonics and vitamins for Yuri…? She left without a word… Without taking any money with her… Without taking these health supplements… Without taking anything… But… But she took my heart with her… My life is incomplete without her…” Yunho laughed bitterly.

Yunho began mumbling to himself, oblivious to all his family and friends. “God, oh God…! I’ve confessed my mistake… I’ve confessed my sin… And this is what I get…! Retribution… Retribution…”

Yoona heard his mumblings and pointed out angrily. “Jung Yunho, how could you! How could you confess to God that marrying Yuri and making her pregnant is all nothing but a mistake?”

Yunho raised his head in shock. “How… How did you know that…?” Yunho asked. “Did Yuri hear my confession…? If so, why did she still left?”

“Son… What confession did you make to God? Maybe Yuri was upset by the contents…” Mr Kwon softened his posture and asked. He knew that Yunho was truly regretful of what he had done and wanted to help him.

“I… I…” Yunho stuttered. “Just tell us what you had said!” Yoona shouted impatiently.

“I told God that I thought it was a mistake to marry Yuri… And I’ve hurt Yuri and gotten her pregnant…” Yunho’s voice trailed off. “And…?” Donghae prompted and tried to calm down his flaring-mad fiancée.

“I… I confessed to God that… That my real mistake… My real sin was to… Was to… Was to request… Ahem… ‘nightly exercise’ from Yuri… As I could not get enough of her…” Yunho finished and buried his reddened face in his palms to escape the embarrassment.

Mr Kwon and Mr Jung laughed out loud. They could not stop laughing at the ridiculous confession of Yunho. “So… Son… What… Hahaha… What… Did you continue…?” Mr Jung laughed so much that he experienced abdominal pain.

“I told God that I’ve fallen in love with Yuri… But I also asked him whether Yuri would accept me loving her and not a lecher lusting over her body…?” Yunho was getting merciless loud laughs from them. “But I ended off saying that why was I talking to him when he couldn’t reply me…”

“Oh gosh, Yunho! No wonder… I think God is playing a trick on you due to your disrespect…” Mrs Jung chuckled.

“But Yuri never told me the remaining story… Could it be she left without listening to the rest…?” Yoona questioned.

Donghae had to fence off Yunho when he suddenly grabbed Yoona’s hand and pleaded. “Yoona… You do know… You know where Yuri is, isn’t it?”

“Yes, of course I know… Yuri is currently staying in my cousin’s house…” Yoona gave in as she was moved by Yunho’s sincerity and anxiousness.

“Is it? Oh great… I’m glad to know she’s fine…” Yunho smiled for the first time in the stressful week. “Is your cousin’s name called ‘Seohyun’? I hired my cousin; Kyuhyun to help me locate her but was unsuccessful…”

“Haha… Of course you won’t be getting any result…!” Yoona laughed. “She is called ‘Seo Joo Hyun’… ‘Seohyun’ is just our pet name for her…”

The atmosphere in the living room had lightened with each passing second. Yoona suggested that she could bring Yunho to Yuri. But Yunho stopped her which caused everyone look at Yunho strangely. Yunho gave a smile and continued. “The day after tomorrow is Yuri’s birthday… I intend to give her a surprise…!”

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alright, everyone! I’m switching back to the light & happy mood soon… Really cannot stand the depressed feeling of writing a sad romance… Haha… So Yunho is getting off easily…
To all chingus and readers – Thank you for your support, encouragement & comments! ^^
By the way, can I just ask for some ideas / recommendation? If the twins are born.... What names should I  give them? ^^