~ Eighteen ~

Mistake + Mistakes = ……….. A longer & difficult road to obtain forgiveness

Yuri stared blankly at the sea. The chilly wind made her shiver but she was not bothered about it and continued to sit at the sandy beach. She wanted the cold wind to bring away her heartache.

It had been more than a week since she left the hospital with Yoona’s cousin, Seohyun whom she met last summer. Seohyun was studying at the nearby university and was living by herself in this small cottage by the sea. Hence, the first person who came to Yuri’s mind was Seohyun. She would be able to hide Yuri from Yunho, Changmin and Jaejoong.

Yuri felt bad for not being able to reciprocate Changmin’s and Jaejoong’s love for her. She had only treated them as her brothers. Yuri had given her heart to only one person – Jung Yunho. She could not take it when Yunho doubted her love for him and accused her of being on a date with two other guys, betraying him.

Yuri felt someone tapped on her shoulder. She turned and saw the bubbly girl, Seohyun beaming happily beside her. Yuri was surprised of Seohyun’s sudden happiness. “Seo-baby, what makes you so happy?” Yuri caressed the younger girl’s head. To her, Seohyun was a younger sister and hence she gave a new pet name to Seohyun.

“Yuri… Do you know that there is a grand occasion today?” Seohyun winked secretly. Yuri was clueless. But before she could reply, Seohyun raised her pinky finger to her lips. “Ssh… It’s a secret…! Come, I’ll help you to stand up…”

Once Yuri had stood up, she was instructed to close her eyes. Any peeking would be scolded by the young girl. Yuri chuckled and decided to obey her instruction.

“Alright, Yuri… You may open your eyes now…!” Seohyun shouted from afar after a few minutes. Yuri shook her head and opened her eyes. She was stunned to see her husband holding a birthday cake in front of her.

“Happy birthday, my baby Yul…” Yunho greeted with a hopeful smile.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Some of you are going to scream “That’s an extremely short chapter….!”
Alright, I know… And I promise to have a longer chapter next time… And most probably resolve YunRi’s minor problem…. ^^