09.

We Belong Together

 

Jinyoung ran towards the alley that Hyemin was dragged into and saw that the man was touching her all over. He pushed the man away and grabbed her hands, ready to run for their lives but the man wasn’t so easily defeated. He pulled Hyemin back and Jinyoung turned around. He kicked the guy in the stomach, and he fell on to the floor immediately. Jinyoung thanked the heavens that he had learnt self-defense before and began pulling Hyemin away from the horrible scene. Hyemin just sobbed, still in shock from the incident just now, and followed Jinyoung to god-knows-where.

He pulled her to the park nearby and settled her down on a bench. “Are you hurt anywhere?” He checked her for any bruises and she pulled back her arm instinctively. He told her to stay put and ran off to the pharmacy across the road. Woohyun happened to pass by the park and he saw a girl who looked like Hyemin. “Hyemin?” He called out but she didn’t answer. He walked closer and tapped her shoulder, which caused her to flinch. He caught her face and was happy that he saw her under such coincidental circumstances, but his happiness was soon replaced by shock and worry as he noticed the tearstains and puffy red eyes. “Are you okay?” He sat down beside her and grabbed her face to face him. She pushed his hands away with the little energy she had left and muttered a “I’m fine”. His eyebrows met in the middle and he noticed a cut on her arm. He fished out a pororo bandaid and pasted it on her cut. She looked down at the newly applied bandaid and smiled a little. Pororo was her favourite. He handed her a strawberry lollipop and smiled. “Don’t cry anymore. Youre not pretty when youre crying~” She blushed at his comment; something she never knew she was capable of. “Thanks.” She muttered and he smiled his million watt smile again. “Anything for you! Ah! I need to go off now, where are you going? I’ll walk you there.” He offered. “No, it’s okay. I-“ Her sentence was cut off when she saw Jinyoung walking back. Woohyun was waiting for her to continue her sentence, but saw that she was looking at somewhere. He followed her line of vision and saw Jinyoung. He stood up and walked up to him immediately, clenching his fists. “Were you the one who caused her to be like this?!” Hyemin’s eyes widened and went over to separate both of them. “Stop it! No he’s not the one responsible. He saved me actually.” She whispered the last part but Woohyun heard it and stepped back. He assessed Jinyoung up and down and Jinyoung smiled. “Hi! Are you her friend? I’m Jinyoung, Hyemin’s brother!” Woohyun was beyong shock at the newly received information. Brother? “You never told me!” “Why should I? You only asked about Gongchan. And we’re not blood-related anyway.” She looked away. Woohyun wanted to ask more but decided to leave it like that since it’s her own personal life after all. “So… you’re her new friend?” Jinyoung asked Woohyun and he turned his focus back to Jinyoung. “O-oh. I guess you can say that. I’m Woohyun.” “Nice to meet you! Hope you can take care of Hyemin when I’m not around.” He smiled and Woohyun smiled back, just not as bright as before. “Well I guess I’ll be going then. See you in school tomorrow.” Woohyun waved and left. Hyemin watched him leave before walking the other direction to go home, leaving Jinyoung to run after her.