08.

We Belong Together

"Wait, what?!" he said it loud enough for the teacher to hear and she shushed him. "Is there something wrong, Mr Nam?" He turned around and waited for Woohyun to spit out a reason. "Uh.... there was an annoying fly that wouldnt leave me alone?" Hyemin facepalmed herself at his idiotic reason. But apparently, the teacher bought it and just warned him not to disrupt his class again. Woohyun nodded and as soon as he faced the board, he turned back to Hyemin again. "you better explain." She was pissed at why he was so nosy of her business and was starting to regret telling him. But since she already said part of it she can't back out now, can she? She just sighed and nodded, dreading for the end of class.

The bell rang a tad too soon, and she cursed under her breath. She tried to run away as fast as possible, but woohyun caught her just in time and pulled her back down. "Explain." She sighed and began her story. It was a short one actually, and she omitted out the fact that she was an orphan and Jinyoung was her brother. He nodded after her story and asked "that's it?" She rolled her eyes and glared at him. "What more do you want?" "Just... be careful of him, and his friends. Who knows, maybe beneath that cute exterior they might actually be monsters or something!" She stifled a chuckle and grabbed her bag. "Yeah, they're oh-so-scary monsters that will eat me alive." She joked and left. As soon as she left the classroom, she immediately regretted joking around with woohyun. She was getting too comfortable with him. She shook her head and reminded herself time and again to never let her guard down no matter what.

When she walked out the gates, she saw Jinyoung waiting at the side. She ignored him and walked past him but he held on to her arm, making her turn back in irritation. "What?" He flashed her that killer smile again. "Let's go home together!" her eyes landed on a black limo waiting at the side of the walkway and pulled away from him. "If you're riding that, then go home yourself. I'm gonna walk." She answered as she walked away from him. It took him 2 seconds to react and run after her. "Wait! Then I'll walk with you!"

She clenched her fists and tried to stop herself from flaring up at Jinyoung when he kept talking beside her on the way back. "How was your first day today? I bet it was fun! Did you make any new friends? Of course you did! Oh! You didn't tell me you were friends with Gongchan before! You have to tell me everything! I'm your brother remember? If anyone bullies you, tell me okay? Oppa will protect you!" He tapped his chest with his right fist two times and grinned at the seemingly emotionless Hyemin, but deep down, she was this close to snapping at him. Suddenly, his voice was no longer heard and she sighed in relief. Thank God he stopped yapping. She continued walking and she realised that he was no longer by her side. She stopped in her tracks and looked back, but he was nowhere to be found. She scratched her head in confusion but shrugged and continued walking towards her new home. Oh well, peace for me. 

She passed by a candy shop and stopped. She stared at all the candies and watered. She always had a soft spot for candies. She went in and bought a few lollipops which could last her for a few days. She paid for it and immediately unwrapped one as soon as she stepped out of the shop. Jinyoung was looking at her from a distance behind and he smiled when she did. He actually left her because he could see that she was irritated by him. He continued following behind her until she was dragged into an alley by a random masked guy. His eyes widened in shock and ran towards her. "Hyemin-ah!!"

 

Sorry for not updating that much lately~ I was kinda busy hehee but anyways, I went to a concert last Friday! It was BNO concert in Singapore <<: I got to see teentop and B1A4 for the first time!~~ heheee all of them are really handsome in real life omg *~* currently having withdrawals from the concert sighs u__u but anyways, hope you enjoyed the update~ <:

@farrahmidori: heheee thanks! Your encouragement means a lot to me hehe~