11.

We Belong Together

 

It was a peaceful Saturday in the Jung’s house. Hyemin was still sleeping when suddenly, her door bursts open to reveal a very happy Jinyoung. He grinned widely, hopped over to her windows and pulled open the curtains, which made Hyemin groan and hide under her blanket. “Wake up!! Wakeupwakeupwakeuppppp!!!!!” He screamed while jumping on her bed, making her groan some more. Finally, when she could not take the continuous talking from Jinyoung anymore, she came out of her hiding spot beneath her blanket and glared at him. He was still chanting and Hyemin covered his mouth with her hand.

“What. Do. You. Want.” She said as menacing as she could, and it helped that her glare was damn scary and she still had her raspy morning voice. He gave her the famous eyesmile that he was known for and removed her hand from his mouth. “Dad said he’s gonna take us to Lotte World!” Hyemin, still in the sleepy mood, didn’t really care much and closed her eyes while nodding at Jinyoung. “Cmon, go get ready! We’re leaving at 10!” Jinyoung shouted, pulling her out of her bed and into the washroom. She groaned for the nth time and brushed her teeth unwillingly.

As she brushed her teeth, she thought about what Jinyoung said just now. Lotte World? She had never been there before. All her life was just cooped up in that old orphanage, and the closest thing to Lotte World she had ever been to was the carnival that dropped by in town for a week when she was 9, which was just down the street. Hyemin quickly did her morning routines and picked out a simple tshirt and shorts with her sneakers (not that she had a lot of choices for clothing and shoes).

Meanwhile, downstairs, Jinyoung kept glancing at the stairs waiting for Hyemin to come down. Mrs Jung noticed and bit back a chuckle. “Jinyoung-ah, she’ll come down when she’s ready. Have patience.” Jinyoung nodded absentmindedly at his mother’s comment and continued glancing at the stairs every now and then.

After checking herself in the mirror, she went down and found the family sitting around on the couch. Jinyoung, of course, was the first one to notice her. “Oh, you’re done? Dad, we can go now!” Mr Jung looked up from his newspaper before folding it and placing it on the table. He grabbed his car keys from the table and stood up. “Let’s go then.” He walked out of the door and Mrs Jung followed after. Jinyoung walked by her side and told her “I need to bring you out for shopping someday. You keep wearing the same tshirts and shorts! And the same sneakers!” “Thanks but no thanks. They’re comfortable to me and I’m used to them already.” She answered. “Well, I’m still gonna bring you out shopping.” He concluded and walked in front of her. Although she wasn’t much of a morning person, she started smiling because of Jinyoung for the first time.

 

~~~~~

my grammar's dying lately so do pardon any mistakes!