07.

We Belong Together

Gongchan pulled Hyemin towards his usual table and waved to his hyungs. Hyemin saw that it was Jinyoung and his friends from earlier on and her eyes widened. Jinyoung seemed to be shocked as well. "Y-you- why were you with Gongchan?" Jinyoung asked Hyemin and she didn't know what to say. Should she say that they're friends? But then she realised she didn't have to report everything to Jinyoung, so she just replied "It's none of your business." Gongchan saw that they were interacting and pointed between the two of them. "you two know each other?" "I should be asking you that. But she's my new sister." Jinyoung explained and Gongchan nodded. "Wow what a small world! Cmon, let's eat!" Hyemin sat down unwillingly and started digging in. The food actually reminded her about her days in the orphanage. Sure, she was happy she got out and have a family, but she still preferred being alone. She wasn't used to having people caring for her, except for the Ahjumma sometimes. She sighed and picked up her plate when she was half done. "I'm gonna go look around first." She told them and turned around. Jinyoung wanted to call her back, but Gongchan was faster. "Wait! I'll show you around!" Hyemin turned around and waved her hands. "No, it's okay. I'll just explore around myself, you can just enjoy your lunch." She bowed slightly and left.Gongchan's shoulders slumped in disappointment and ate his food silently. Jinyoung just looked at them in interest.

She wandered around and ended up on the roof. Woohyun was there too and she was contemplating to go over or not. In the end, she chose the latter and went downstairs to continue her tour. When she went back to class, Gongchan pulled her to a corner. “What?!” She asked, clearly pissed that he pulled her harshly again. He apologized and continued. “You never told me you’re Jinyoung’s sister!” He whispered loudly. “Well you never asked! Did he tell you?” “Yeah. I still can’t believe you didn’t tell me!” “Hey we just got reunited do you expect me to finish telling my whole life story in that short time? And it’s adopted sister. I’m in no way blood-related to him.” She clarified and he nodded in understanding. She pushed him aside so that she could go back to her seat. Just as her touched the chair, Woohyun walked in and sat down beside her. He opened his textbook and tried to read a bit before the next teacher comes in, but he found himself switching his view between Hyemin and the textbook every few seconds and eventually ended up starring at her. Hyemin felt the stare and turned towards him. “Is… something wrong?” She asked. When he didn’t reply, she touched the side of her face in self-conciousness. “Is there something on my face?” She asked again and this time, he snapped out of his daze. “O-oh, nothing. It’s just…” Hyemin waited for his answer. He bit his lip and opened his mouth a couple of times before closing it and biting his lip again. “It’s just…….” Hyemin helped him. “Can I ask you something?” “uh… you already did.” Hyemin said. “No! That doesn’t count! Ugh. What’s your relationship with Gongchan?” She was taken aback by his question.

“why do you wanna know?” Woohyun tried to think of a possible answer. “Because… Because… he’s sortof a kingka in school with his group, yknow, B1A4? You’ll probably get mobbed by his fangirls – not kidding – if you’re seen being too close with him.” Hyemin raised an eyebrow. Fangirls. Really? “That doesn’t seem like a good enough reason for me.” She answered and he stared at her. He ruffled his hair in frustration and groaned. “Forget it.” He turned his attention back to his book again. Hyemin did the same but now it was her turn to keep changing her focus to Woohyun. She sighed and tapped on his shoulders. There’s no harm in letting him know right? He turned to her in irritation. “What.” “Do you wanna know what’s going on or not?” His expression brightened up immediately and sat up straight. Hyemin rolled her eyes and spoke. “We’re childhood friends.” 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

sorry for not updating for so long~ please comment if youre reading bc i feel like nobody's reading >: