Chapter 37

Wishing You Were Here

 

Yuri continued to walk away while Jessica continued to chase after her. Soon, they were outside of the hospital. Although the rain has stopped for a while now, the ground was still wet causing Yuri to halt.

“Yuri ah!” Jessica shouted chasing after Yuri.

“Go back to your Tiffany!” Yuri shouted back.

“Oh…so that’s what this is all about.” Jessica realized. “Why would I go back with Tiffany when you’re out here?” She asked while wrapping her arm around Yuri’s waist hugging her back. “I wasn’t siding with her, I was just trying to calm you down, Yuri ah. Don’t you know my love for you?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Yuri lied though her smile was definitely visible. “I was just mad that Tiffany could have called and tell Taeyeon then she wouldn’t be in this state.” She stated.

“But don’t you think it’s a good thing?” Jessica questioned. “Think about it. This shows that Taeyeon loves Tiffany a lot and I’m sure Tiffany would acknowledge that.” She proposed.

“I guess you’re right.” Yuri agreed then turns her body around facing Jessica. “Let’s go back with Tiffany.” She suggested then smiled at Jessica.

“Ok,” Jessica replied smiling at Yuri.

So Yuri and Jessica walked back in the hospital together. Once they arrived at the emergency room, they noticed that the emergency room’s door was open.

“Doctor Dong, how is she?” Tiffany asked as Taeyeon was pushed away on a bed.

“She should be fine now. Just don’t let her stand in the rain anymore. Her body is very weak and wouldn’t be able to stand it.” Doctor Dong answered.

“Thank you, doctor.” Tiffany said bowing to him. Turning to Yuri and Jessica she stated, “She’s okay now. You guys must be tired. Go home, I can take care of her.”

After Yuri and Jessica looked at each other, they decided that they should leave Tiffany and Taeyeon alone. “Ok then.” Jessica replied. “We’ll be back tomorrow to check on you two.” She added before leaving the hospital with Yuri.

After Yuri and Jessica left, Tiffany walks to Taeyeon’s room. Taeyeon was sleeping peacefully when Tiffany entered the room.

“I’m Miwa,” A nurse introduced herself. “If you need anything, I’ll be right out there.” She stated then left Tiffany and Taeyeon in the room.

Seeing that nurse had left, Tiffany sat down on a chair besides Taeyeon’s bed. She scooted her chair closer to the bed to be able to watch Taeyeon clearly. Slowly she Taeyeon’s hair with her hand while watching Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon, all you know how to do is to hurt me. Do you think I’m happy seeing you like this? Tiffany thought.

***

Once Taeyeon regained her conscious and opens her eyes she saw Tiffany sleeping with her upper body on the bed while the rest of the body was on the chair. Knowing that Tiffany is easily awakened, she did not move at all and just lay there watching Tiffany. Not long after did Tiffany wakes up.

“Taeyeon, you’re okay now?” Tiffany asked sitting up from the bed.

“I’m fine now.” Taeyeon replied with a smile on her face.

“Do you want some water? Let me get you some.” Tiffany stated and was about to get up when she felt Taeyeon grip on her wrist. She sat back down and turned to Taeyeon.

“Don’t leave me, please?” Taeyeon stated. “I know have done many wrong things and have hurt you greatly and I’m truly sorry. I know that I don’t even deserve your forgiveness but I beg of you to forgive me.” She continued with a droplet of tears rolling down her cheeks. “Tiffany ah, I love you. I’m sorry for realizing this too late but I really do Tiffany ah. I don’t know when it started but all I know now is that I don’t wish to live without you. So please, give me one more chance to prove my love to you, to treat you better, to love you.”

Tiffany didn’t say anything but the tears on her face were visible. After Taeyeon finished her sentence, Tiffany nodded in tears and hugged Taeyeon. “Taeyeon ah, there was never a day that I stopped loving you and I hate you for that.” She cried.

After the long warm and passionate hug, they let go of each other. Seeing that there are still tears on Tiffany’s face, Taeyeon uses her hands to wipe them away. After she had finished wiping Tiffany’s tears away, she brought her hands down from Tiffany’s cheeks to her jaw line. Their eyes were locked on each others as Taeyeon pulls Tiffany in closer to her. Slowly but steady their faces move in closer and closer to each other. Soon, their lips touch one another’s and the next they know, they were making out with each other.

“Tae_” Yuri shouted as she opens the door to the room but as soon as she saw Taeyeon and Tiffany, she was shocked.

“What’s going on?” Jessica asked trying to see why Yuri was standing still.

Hearing Jessica’s question, Yuri turned around and blocked her from entering the room. “Jessica, close your eyes!” She demanded.

By this time, Taeyeon and Tiffany had pulled themselves away from each other in embarrassment. “Ya, Kwon Yuri.” Tiffany called. “Don’t act like you two have never made out before.” She stated.

“You guys were making out?!” Jessica shouted pushing Yuri aside and enters the room. “You should have let me see!” She stated staring at Yuri who just rolled her eyes at her.

“I see you guys are fine?” Yuri asked as she and Jessica walks towards Taeyeon’s bed.

“Why of course.” Taeyeon smirked as she lets Tiffany’s head rest on her shoulder. “Tiffany ah, so does this mean you’re not going back to the States?” She asked.

“Of course I’m going back. I’ve already bought the ticket.” Tiffany answered

“But…but…I thought we made up. Doesn’t this mean you’re going to stay with me?”

“What are you talking about? I’m just going back to visit my parents for winter break.” Tiffany stated looking at Taeyeon with a clueless face.

“But_” Taeyeon was about to say something when she heard Jessica and Yuri giggling. She knew she has been tricked. “Jessica, you tricked me!” She yelled.

“I didn’t trick you. All I said was she’s going back to the States. I didn’t say for how long.” Jessica rebutted.

“Don’t look at me.” Yuri stated. “She tricked me too until last night.”

“Wait. So the reason why you apologized was because you thought I was going back to the States?” Tiffany questioned.

“No, of course not. I would have done the same thing if you weren’t leaving.” Taeyeon claimed then smiled nervously at Tiffany.

***

It was about 9 AM in the morning when Taeyeon and Tiffany arrived at the airport with her two pink suitcases. One by one, Taeyeon helped Tiffany carry them through the check in station.

“Ya, you’re just going back for a few weeks, why are you taking so much stuff?” Taeyeon complained at the weights and sizes of the two suitcases. Once Tiffany gave her a glare, Taeyeon knew she shouldn’t complain anymore.

“Here’s your plane ticket.” The airport worker said giving Tiffany her ticket.

“Thanks,” Tiffany replied and with Taeyeon they left the station so the next person behind them could check in. “I told you, you didn’t have to take me to the airport. You’ve just healed. What if you get sick again?” She petitioned.

“You’re going to leave me for so long, and expect me not to see you off?” Taeyeon rebutted.

“When did you ever like being together with me? Remember? I was that annoying girl who bugs you 24/7.” Tiffany stated rolling her eyes at Taeyeon.

“It was different then. Now, I just want to be with you as much as possible.” Taeyeon replied with a mischievous smile on her face. “Tiffany ah, we just made up and you’re going to leave me like this?” She whines with a pout on her face that caused Tiffany to giggles.

“It’s not my fault you made up with me too late.” Tiffany reasoned and used her hands to pinch Taeyeon’s cheeks. Suddenly, she leaned in and gave the pouting Taeyeon a peak on her lips. “Don’t worry, I will be back soon. I promise I’ll call you as much as I can, okay?” She claimed.

“Passengers going to the United States, please board the plane at this moment.”

“I have to go now.” Tiffany stated then hugged Taeyeon tightly. “I’ll be back soon. Bye Taeyeon!” She bid her farewell waving at Taeyeon as she walks towards the gate.

“Remember to call me!” Taeyeon shouted.

***

It’s been a couple of weeks since Tiffany had gone back to United States. And Taeyeon has waited long for this day to come, the day Tiffany returns. Taeyeon wait patiently at the arrival gate for Tiffany to come out any second now. After a while, Taeyeon sees many people coming through the arrival gate. She knew it has to be Tiffany’s flight and looked hard to find her. After looking back and forth, side to side, she finally spotted Tiffany. Taeyeon was excited and was about to shout out Tiffany’s name when she saw two handsome guys besides her. Taeyeon didn’t say anything and just follow them until the two guys separated from Tiffany.

“Tiffany!” Taeyeon shouted as she rushes over to Tiffany. “Who were those two guys with you?” She questioned.

“Your first question after I came back is that?” Tiffany asked rolling her eyes. “Taeyeon ah, when did you learn to be jealous? From your best friend, Yuri?” She asked again. “They’re as straight as you and I are.” She added brighten up Taeyeon’s mood.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. I was just curious who they were.” Taeyeon stated lying about her jealousy.

“Bye Tiffany!” A girl voice’s shouted.

“Bye Wenting! See you around.” Tiffany shouted back to the girl who was waving her hand at her.

“And who was that?!” Taeyeon asked.

“My girlfriend.”

“What?!”

“But don’t worry, you’re my wife.” Tiffany stated then wraps her arm around Taeyeon’s arm as the both of them exit the airport with Tiffany’s suitcases.

“Who said you’re the man in the relationship?” Taeyeon asked. “You’re MY wife.” She emphasized. “But really, who was she?” She asked again.

“She’s a waitress at a restaurant that I go to and we just happen to be on the same flight.” Tiffany stated.

“Are you sure she’s not stalking you?”

“I’m sure, Taeyeon ah.” Tiffany assured. “Let’s go home now, I want to give you a kiss.” She stated.

“What?!”

====================