Chapter 21

Wishing You Were Here

Just come in here.” Tiffany commanded pulling Taeyeon into the shower stall. “Lift up your_ Never mind, I’ll do it for you.” Tiffany said causing Taeyeon to widen her eyes and cover her body with her arms.

“Ya! Hwang Mi Young, stay back!” Taeyeon shouted. Tiffany rolled her eyes and walked towards Taeyeon. As Tiffany gets closer to her, Taeyeon just closed her eyes and tighten her grip on her own body.

“What are you doing?” Tiffany asked as she bends down and wrapped Taeyeon’s injured leg with a bag. Then she tightly taped around the bag sealing Taeyeon’s leg. “The nurse said you can’t wet your leg either so hopefully this should do.” Explained Tiffany.

“Huh?” Taeyeon let out reopening her eyes. “You meant lift up my leg?”

“What did you think I was telling you to lift up? Your shirt?” Tiffany shook her head in disbelief. “Ya! Kim Taeyeon, what kind of person do you think I am?!” She yelled. “I also put a chair in the shower stall for you in case you weren’t able to stand. Hmph!” She stated and made a face then left the bathroom.

***

While Taeyeon and Tiffany were in the shower, Yuri came to see Jessica in her room. When Yuri was in the room, she noticed that Jessica was sleep again. She shook her head and walked towards the bed.

“Look at you, sleeping peacefully already. And you were just crying so much earlier.” Yuri mumbled to herself and smiled at the sight of the sleeping beauty Jessica. I’ve never taken such a close-up glance her sleeping like this. Yuri thought as she continues to watch Jessica. Jessica ah, you are truly a sleeping beauty. Have you ever seen yourself sleep? You are so beautiful. Slowly she finds her hand reaching her Jessica’s hair, then brushing it gently. Suddenly Jessica made some movements causing Yuri to retract her hand quickly.

“Yuri, what are you doing here?” Jessica asked as she slowly opens her eyes.

“Uh…I…I.” Yuri stuttered trying to think of something to say. “I came to ask you what you want to eat.” She made up. But seeing Jessica looks like she’s not believing the excuse, Yuri added. “Since Taeyeon can’t walk, I was thinking maybe we should order something and ask them to deliver. So yeah, what do you want to eat so I can order?” Then she let out a nervous smile.

“Oh. Why don’t we just go down to the cafeteria and buy something back for all of us?” Jessica suggested.

“Yeah, I didn’t think of that.” Yuri said.

“Okay, just wake me up when we’re going.” Jessica stated then went back to sleep.

“Did she just went back to sleep?” Yuri mumbled to herself as she stares at Jessica, who’s sleeping soundly already. Just when she was about to turn around, Tiffany came in the room.

“Jessica’s asleep already?” Tiffany asked looking at Jessica. “Sleeping beauty will always be sleeping beauty.” Tiffany shook her head and sighs.

After Taeyeon finish showering the girls went down to the cafeteria to buy their dinner and brought it back to their dorm so they could eat together with Taeyeon.

***

Morning came and Taeyeon slowly stretches her arms out. She yawns then wipes her eyes with her hands. When she had finally opens her eyes while still lying on the bed, she noticed that Tiffany’s face was inches always from her, staring straight at her…as if she has been watching her sleep the whole time.

“Ya! You scared me! Don’t you know it’s scary to wake up and find someone’s face right next to their own?!” Taeyeon shouted as she jumps up on her bed from the fright. Then seeing all Tiffany does is smiling she rolled her eyes and looked around the room. “Where’s Yuri?” She finally asked.

“Yuri and Jessica are in class.” Tiffany replied still staring at Taeyeon’s face.

“Oh.” Taeyeon acknowledged. Then it finally hit her, “Wait. Then why aren’t you?” She asked.

“Because I have to take care of you since you can’t walk.” Tiffany responded with a smile then sat on Taeyeon’s bed. “Don’t worry, I’ve already ask Yuri and Jessica to take good notes so we can catch up.”

“Eh? Take care of me? You?” Taeyeon chuckled. “You just want to skip school and stay with me.”

“You’re only half right. You were right when you said that I wanted to stay with you but going to school or not doesn’t matter to me as long as I’m with you.” Tiffany smiled again.

Taeyeon shrugged at Tiffany’s statement. “Ya, you’re giving me goose bumps. Tiffany…” she hesitated. “Is it possible that you…like me?”

“I do!”

“Not as a friend, but as if you like me like me.” She restated her question.

“It’s very possible!” Tiffany responded but then she was afraid that it would freak Taeyeon out if she confesses to her right now. “But I don’t. Babo, what’s on your mind?” Tiffany added and knocked Taeyeon’s head lightly. If only you would ever know, Taeyeon. Tiffany thought as she sighs in her mind.

“What? It’s reasonable for me to think that. You have taken advantage of me before.” Taeyeon claimed glaring at Tiffany.

“Whatever. Hey are you hungry?” Tiffany asked. With Taeyeon nodding her head she added, “Let me get you some food from the cafeteria. I’ll be right back.”

After getting the food from the cafeteria, Tiffany headed back to the dorm. On her way back she bumped into someone that she did not wish to see at all.

“Hey Tiffany.” Junsu said. “Shouldn’t you be in class right now? And where’s your ‘girlfriend’ that you hang out with day and night?” He asked.

“Oh, Taeyeon sprained her ankle and did not to class today so I stayed with her too. Now I’m just buying her breakfast so we can eat together.” Tiffany forced out a smile on her face.

“I’m just kidding, Tiffany.” He chuckled confusing Tiffany as it shows on her face. “I’ve actually been over Taeyeon a few weeks ago. I was going to tell you guys that day when you bumped into me but you guys just walked off.” He explained. “So yeah, you guys don’t have to act anymore. I’ve known it all along.” He added.

“What?!” Tiffany asked. “So you mean, you don’t care about Taeyeon anymore?” She reaffirmed her beliefs. After Junsu nodded she thought to herself, Oh no. I can’t let Taeyeon know this. She’ll stop acting like a couple with me. “We weren’t acting. We’re really together. Anyways, I have to bring back our breakfast or else it’ll be cold. I’ll talk to you later, Junsu!” She bowed and greeted farewell then walks off. Hopefully we’ll never see you again so you won’t be able to tell Taeyeon about it.

***

So finally the school day was over. Jessica went into her room and Yuri went in hers. But as soon as Yuri opens the door, she saw Taeyeon sleeping on her own bed and Tiffany on hers. Aish these lazy pigs. Yuri thought as she closes the door. After putting her bags and books down she went to Jessica’s side through the bathroom doors.

“What’s up?” Jessica asked when she saw Yuri came over. She was already lying on her bed only a minute after she got in the room.

“Taeyeon and Tiffany are sleeping over there so I didn’t want to disturb them.” Yuri responded. “On different beds though.” She added. Then there was a long silent between them. Neither had nothing to say to each other. “Jessica, do you know what melts ice?” Yuri asked breaking the silent.

“I don’t know, fire?” Jessica responded.

“Exactly! So I have a lighter right here, let me see if it could melt the ice in you.” Yuri declared as she sat down on Jessica’s bed with the lighter in her hand.

“Ya, what are you doing? Are you crazy?” Jessica questioned as she sat up on her bed. “Don’t you know it’s dangerous to play with fire?

“It might work, let’s try it.” Yuri suggested as she flicks the lighter on causing a little fire to appear.

“Ya! Kwon Yuri!”

As Yuri moves her hand towards Jessica, she showed a sign of pain and released the gas button on the lighter. “Ow!” She cried.

“Ya, are you okay? I told you not to play with fire.” Jessica lectured. Unknowingly she had held on to Yuri’s hand and rubs it gently. “Does it hurt?” She asked with a worried face and continues to rub Yuri’s hand.

Seeing Jessica’s worried face, Yuri couldn’t help but to smile. “I told you fire would work.” Yuri stated in her calm voice still smiling.

“Wait, did you just trick me?” Jessica questioned. Seeing the smile on Yuri’s face she knew she had been tricked. “Jerk!” She shouted then hits Yuri lightly on her shoulder.

“You’re already warming up to me. Am I that irresistible?” Yuri joked as she flings her hair.

“In your dreams.” Jessica said then kicked Yuri making her fall off the bed.

“Ya, that actually hurt.” Yuri whines as she rubs the back of her head.

“That’s what you get!” Jessica stated. “I’m going back to sleep.” With that she covered herself with the blanket. She didn’t really want to sleep, she just needed to cover up the smile that she couldn’t hold in any longer.

Since she couldn’t go back to her room, Yuri decided to take a nap on Tiffany’s bed.