Chapter 18

Wishing You Were Here

“Tiffany? What’s wrong?” Jessica asked when she saw Tiffany stormed back and hid herself under the blanket. Worried, Jessica got up and sat on Tiffany’s bed. “Tiffany, are you okay?”

“Jessica!” Tiffany uncovered herself and hugged Jessica. “I’ve always thought that loving someone is such a happy thing but why haven’t I felt any happiness ever since I love her? I know she doesn’t like me but does it have to hurt so badly?” Tiffany cries on Jessica’s shoulder.

Yuri heard everything as she was about to step into Tiffany’s and Jessica’s room. Finally she realizes Tiffany’s true feelings for Taeyeon. Tiffany, I know you are hurt. But do you know that there is someone else who’s hurt even more than you do? A person that has to hide her feelings from you. A person that has to see you in pain that was caused by another person that you love. I know, because I know this person. Yuri thought at the sight of Tiffany and Jessica hugging each other. She decided not to bother them and walk back to her room.

“How is she?” Taeyeon asked when Yuri came back in the room.

“She’s crying. But don’t worry, Jessica’s comforting her.” Yuri replied.

“What about you? How are you?” Taeyeon asked and faced Yuri on her bed. “Your mood changed ever since you came back.” She added.

“I just feel sorry for Jessica.” Yuri replied then let out a sigh.

“Huh? Why?”

“You don’t understand.” Yuri said. “Ok, I’m going to sleep now. See you tomorrow.” She continued then lie down on her bed.

“Good night.”

***

While Yuri was still sleeping, Taeyeon has already finished getting ready for school. She purposely gets up a bit early today for a reason. She sat on her bed waiting for something to happened, and that thing happened when the occupied light above the bathroom door was . Taeyeon knew Jessica wouldn’t ever wake up that early so it has to Tiffany, the person she was waiting for. She quickly marches to the bathroom door and opens it. Just as she expect, Tiffany was in there washing her face. Once Tiffany sees Taeyeon, she rolled her eyes and starts brushing her teeth, ignoring Taeyeon.

“Tiffany ah…uh…” Taeyeon hesitated as she notices that Tiffany didn’t even look at her. Then she thought of the new Zia’s I’m sorry I love you song she has just heard and starts to sing a line from it. “Mianhae (I’m sorry) Mianhae Mianhae…” Still Tiffany was uninterested. She decided to recite it again. “Mianhae Mianhae Mianhae…” This time she noticed that Tiffany had turned around.

Taeyeon you dork. Tiffany thought as she turns around to hide the smile on her face.

“Ya…Fany ah.” Taeyeon whines trying to act cute. “Ok, I’ll say it. I’m sorry. You’re happy? I’m sorry that I didn’t realized how I ignored everyone else when I’m with Sunny. And I’m sorry that I yelled at you. I’m really sorry, okay? Would you forgive me?” Taeyeon finally apologized. Then she heard Tiffany giggled and turned Tiffany’s body around. “Oh! You were playing around with me!” she acts mad.

“It’s not my fault you’re such a dork Kim Taeyeon.” Tiffany smiled. Then she notices Taeyeon’s pout. “Taeyeon ah.” She said biting her lips. “I want to tell you that I’m sorry as well. I shouldn’t have acted so immaturely towards you and Sunny. I’m sorry. So we’re even, now. Okay?” She continued then smiled sweetly at Taeyeon.

Looking at Tiffany’s smile, Taeyeon can’t help but to smile herself. “Okay, we’re even now.” She said.

“Actually, no I take it back.” Tiffany said. “You have to promise me something first,” She added.

“Eh? Tell me what it is first.” Taeyeon raised her eyebrows.

“You have to promise me that you’ll never yell at me again.” Tiffany demanded with a cute pout on her face.

“Okay I promise. Now get ready for school.” Taeyeon said as she turns around and walk back to her room.

After that, Taeyeon and Tiffany wake Jessica and Yuri up. It takes another 10 minutes or so for them all to get ready.

“So you two were just acting the whole time?” Some random girl asked as Taeyeon walked out of the room.

“What are you talking about?” Taeyeon asked looking clueless.

“You know the rumor that you and Tiffany are a fake couple. You guys just pretended so you could avoid Junsu. Stop acting, it’s all over the school now.” After she finished she walks off leaving Taeyeon looking clueless.

When Taeyeon saw Tiffany making a face she knew Tiffany had to do with all this. “Tiffany! What did you do?” She yelled.

“Well…I was just…a bit…impulsive after you blew me off at the tennis game…and I kind of…just kind of…told someone to tell Junsu that we were a fake couple…to you know…payback.” Tiffany hesitated and stuttered. When she sees Taeyeon’s eyes getting wider she quickly added, “But, I didn’t think the whole school would know. And…and you promised me you wouldn’t yell at me.”

“Yeah, I won’t yell at you.” Taeyeon said calmly. “But I didn’t say I won’t hurt you, did I?” She shouted.

“Uh oh.” Tiffany quickly ran for her life while Taeyeon chased closely right after her.

“Tiffany! Stop running! Ya!” Taeyeon screamed as she chases Tiffany around the school.

Tiffany while running kept looking back to see Taeyeon and did not see who she was about to bump into. “Ow.” She groaned then looks up to find that it was, “Junsu! Hey! How are you?” She smiled nervously.

“Tiffany!” Taeyeon screamed as she ran towards Tiffany, not yet noticing Junsu. It took her another two seconds to notice that Junsu was right there with Tiffany.

“What a loving couple you guys are.” Junsu said sarcastically.

“Of course we are. Right TaeTae?” Tiffany smiled then stands next to Taeyeon and linked arms with her.

“Of course.”

“What about the rumor about you guys being a fake couple?” He asked.

“We’ve never heard of that rumor. Right, Fany?” Taeyeon replied.

“It’s probably because Taeyeon and I recently got into a fight. You know, couples get into fights. It’s just a normal thing.” Tiffany said. “Oh, we’re getting late. Let’s grab something to eat before your stomach growls again, TaeTae ah. Bye Junsu!” Tiffany said then quickly pulls Taeyeon with her and headed towards the cafeteria.

Once they were safe inside the cafeteria without Junsu, Taeyeon unlinked her arm with Tiffany causing her to pout.

“Taeyeonnieee~” Tiffany nags and shakes Taeyeon’s arm. “I’m sorry. It’s nothing that serious. Now we just have to act like a couple everywhere, and not just to Junsu. That’s all. Since he might be asking his friends to spy on us.”

“Oh…I see your plan now. You just want me to be with you the whole day, don’t you?” Taeyeon questioned.

“No…What are you talking about?” Tiffany denied with a mischievous look on her face.

“Oh you guys are here.” Yuri’s voice interrupts the conversation. “Jessica and I were wondering where you guys were.” She added.

“This kid right here deserves to be punished!” Taeyeon said pointed to Tiffany who just stood there and smile like as if she’s so innocent. 

“It’s getting late, let us just eat and move on with the subject okay?” Tiffany suggested then dragged them to get in line.

After a while, the four girls ate their breakfast and rushed to class. So the whole school day, with or without Junsu, Taeyeon and Tiffany had to act as a couple. Taeyeon didn’t like the idea one bit but there was nothing else she could do unless if she wants to get with Junsu. Yuri can tell how uneasy Jessica was seeing Taeyeon and Tiffany being so close together so she tries to talk to Jessica as much as possible.

“Jessica ah, are you hungry?” Yuri asked while jogging side by side with Jessica during tennis practice. “Let’s go to a good restaurant I know after we finish our homework.” She suggested as she pants from the running.

“Ok.” Jessica replied making Yuri smile.

I guess food still works on our Ice Princess. Yuri thought to herself.