Chapter 32

Wishing You Were Here

After Donghae exit the room to look for Tiffany the rest carried on, except for Taeyeon and Jessica. Seeing how Taeyeon just sat there without saying anything, Jessica looked at her disgusted.

“I’m going to use the phone outside.” Taeyeon stated then stood up and walks outside.

Jessica rolled her eyes and mumbled, “You would never care about her.”

“What’s that, Jessica?” Changmin asked. He was sitting on Jessica’s left side while Yuri was on her right.

“Nothing.” She replied.

“Jessica ah, would you like to go to the movies with me?” He proposed then added, “Just me and you?”

Jessica smiled when she felt Yuri’s grip on her right hand. She turned over to Changmin and said, “Sorry Changmin, but I’m already taken.”

“What? Who is it? Do I know him?” Changmin questioned.

“You do but you don’t.” Jessica replied then smiled at him. “Ya, Yuri ah…you’re hurting me.” She stated once she turned to face Yuri. Once Yuri lets go of her grip, Jessica linked her fingers with Yuri’s hand and leaned her head on her shoulder. “Stop being jealous.” She whispered.

***

Taeyeon didn’t really need to use the phone at all. She wanted to check if Tiffany was ok even though Donghae has already followed her. Once she was about to turn the corner, she heard Tiffany’s and Donghae’s voices causing her to halt and listen.

“Are you okay? You don’t look good.” Donghae asked as she looked at Tiffany worriedly.

“I’m fine, really...” Tiffany replied and forced a smile though the tears that formed were visible in her eyes. Her voice suddenly cracks.

“Tiffany, is there anything wrong? Is it because of…that song? Or…Taeyeon?” He asked though reluctantly. “I’ve heard of your relationship with Taeyeon before.” He added.

“I’m fine…” She lied in her crackling voice again trying to hold back her tears. “Let’s go back now.” She said forcing out another smile and headed back towards the room. And as they turn the corner, they heard Taeyeon’s voice and it surprised them.

“Yeah appa, I remember. I will watch my health, don’t worry. You should worry about your health too.” Taeyeon said then turns to Tiffany and Donghae signaling to them to go inside first. “What about umma, is she okay?” She asked but once Tiffany and Donghae had entered the room, Taeyeon closed her phone. Obviously, she was faking it. Tiffany, you are still hurt because of me? Taeyeon thought as she watches Tiffany and Donghae enter the room.

***

After noraebang, the girls all went back to their dorm to rest. Needed to brush her teeth before bed, Taeyeon enters the bathroom and coincidently, Tiffany was also opening the bathroom doors.

“I’m just going to brush me teeth so if you don’t mind, go ahead.” Taeyeon stated seeing how Tiffany was about to go back out.

“I was going to brush my teeth as well.” Tiffany said then went back in the bathroom. And with that the two began to brush their teeth sharing the same sink. Just when Taeyeon was about to leave the bathroom, Tiffany called her. “Taeyeon ah.”

“What is it?”

“Um…” Tiffany hesitated. “Yuri and Jessica are going on a date tomorrow and I will be really bored at home alone…so…I was wondering if maybe we could…I don’t know…catch a movie together…or dinner…or something.” She finally asked with her trembling voice. “Only if you want to that is.” She added trying to avoid the impression that she’s clinging on her again.

Taeyeon thought about then replied, “Yeah, that’s fine with me. Sunny and Sooyoung are going to watch the men’s tournament tomorrow so I guess it’ll just be the two of us.”

Hearing Taeyeon’s answered, Tiffany smiled delightedly. “Ok then. How about we go at 5?” She suggested. After seeing Taeyeon nodded she smiled back. “But…never mind then I guess.” She said.

“Why?”

“I remember hearing that it’s going to rain tomorrow evening.” Tiffany stated dropping her delighted smile from earlier.

Taeyeon chuckled at Tiffany’s expression and said. “Rain or shine I’ll be there, okay?”

“Okay! Deal!” Tiffany quickly responded then smiled again.

“Okay then, go to sleep.” Taeyeon said then the both of them goes back to their room.

***

“Ya, it’s 4:30, do you want to get ready now?” Taeyeon shouted from inside the bathroom.

“Ok!” Tiffany shouted back then began to get ready.

After ten minutes, Taeyeon finished getting ready. “Tiffany ah, are you ready?” Taeyeon asked as she pokes her head in the room. “Tiffany?” She called seeing no one in the room. “Where did she go?” She was about to call her when her ringtone goes off telling her that someone’s calling her. It was Tiffany. “Where are you?” Taeyeon asked.

“Sorry Taeyeon, something came up so we can’t go over there together. But meet me at the bus stop by the park and we’ll continue from there. But I think I’ll bit a bit late though, so wait for me.” Tiffany explained over the phone.

“Ok then, I’ll see you there in a bit then.” Taeyeon replied.

“Oh by the way, it looks like it’s going to rain so be sure to take your umbrella.” Tiffany added before hanging up.

***

“So what is it, Donghae?” Tiffany asked standing in front of Donghae at the park.

“I have to tell you something…” Donghae said. Seeing Tiffany’s questioned face, he continued. “I’ve liked you for a long time. I was going to make my move but then there were rumors that you and Taeyeon were…you know. Once I found out that it was fake, I quickly made my move and that was the first time we had dinner. Tiffany ah, will you be my girlfriend?”

“Donghae…I…” Tiffany hesitated, not knowing what to answer him. “I…don’t_”

***

After she hangs up, Taeyeon grabbed her stuff and headed out the door. It took her about fifteen minutes to walk from their dorm to the park. She was about to sit on a bench at the bus stop when something caught her eyes. It was Tiffany…with Donghae. They were standing on the a path in the park. Curious, she decided to watch them from far away. So is that what came up? Taeyeon thought as she watches them.

Standing there Taeyeon saw Donghae leaning towards Tiffany attempting to kiss her. The sight shocked her enough to cause her to let go of the umbrella in her hand. Her eyes were widened and her heart suddenly aches. She doesn’t know why she felt this way but that is how she felt. She didn’t know what else to do but to turn her back and not look at them. What else can I do but to turn around? Taeyeon thought as she walks away. As she leaves the rain starts to pour down but she continues to walk like an idiot. Like a body with no soul. All that was on her mind was Tiffany and Donghae. Tiffany has moved on. She thought.

***

“Donghae, please don’t!” Tiffany yelled and pushes him away from her as he tried to kiss her. After she has successful pushed him out, she stated. “I’m sorry but I don’t have any feelings for you, at least not yet.”

“Is it because of Taeyeon?” He asked.

“No. Why would she have anything to do with this?”

“Well anyways, I’m sorry for my action earlier. But I have confident that I will win over your heart one day.” Donghae stated with confidence then walked off.

After Donghae left, Tiffany let out a sigh. She quickly looks at her watch and noticed that it was already 5:05. “Oh no, I’m late.” She exclaimed then ran over to the bus station. While on her way there, it started to rain causing her to pull out her hot pink umbrella to cover herself. By the time she gets there, she saw an umbrella on the ground. “It’s Taeyeon’s umbrella. Did something happen?” She questioned then quickly takes out her phone and dialed Taeyeon’s number. No one answered. “TaeTae ah, where are you?” She mumbled then quickly walks back to the dorm.

It took her about 20 minutes to get back to the dorm since it was raining really hard. When she arrived at Taeyeon’s door she quickly knocks on it. A few seconds later, the door opens and Taeyeon was standing behind it. It seems like Taeyeon has changed her clothes since they were different than before and looked dry. But it seems like her face is much paler than before.

Seeing Taeyeon there, Tiffany sighed out of relief. “Ya, Kim Taeyeon. I was only five minutes late. You didn’t have to leave.” Tiffany exclaimed.

“You didn’t need me to go with you. You have many other friends.” Taeyeon replied though very softly as if she didn’t have any strength.

“Taeyeon ah, you don’t look too good, are you okay?” Tiffany asked worriedly seeing Taeyeon’s pale face and her soft voice.

“I’m fine_”

“Taeyeon!” Tiffany shouted when Taeyeon closed her eyes and fainted. Luckily she was able to catch her before she fell to the ground. “Taeyeon ah, don’t’ scare me! Are you okay?! Wake up!” She shouted and shook Taeyeon’s body back and forth. “Let me take you to the nurse office.” She said then carried Taeyeon’s on her back. While carrying her to the nurse office, she continued to talk to Taeyeon. “Taeyeon ah…you’ll be fine right?” “We’re almost there, just hang on.” “TaeTae ah, please be okay, please be okay.”