Chapter 34

Wishing You Were Here

“Taeyeon!” Donghae’s voice was heard, catching Taeyeon’s attention while she was walking back to her room from somewhere. “I need talk to you.”

“What is it?” Taeyeon asked. “Do we even know each other that well?”

“I’ll get straight to the point. I want you to leave Tiffany.” Donghae stated.

“What? Who are you to say that?”

“You know, Tiffany is a great girl and I don’t want you to hurt her again. Tiffany still has feelings for you and I’m sure you know that but what about you? Do you love her? Do you have confidence that you won’t hurt her again? You might think that you love her now but you’re just feeling guilty about what you’ve done before or maybe you pity her but it’s not love. Once you realize what you have for her is not love, no matter how nice of a person you are, you will only hurt her. So if you even care about her just a little bit, then leave her.” Donghae reasoned while looking seriously straight at Taeyeon.

“And you think you can make her happy?!” Taeyeon rebutted.

“At least, I truly like her.” Donghae replied. “Think about it.” He added then left Taeyeon standing there

“TaeTae ah!” Tiffany called her as she ran over to Taeyeon’s side. “What are you doing here?” She asked.

“Nothing. I was…just looking at the scenery.” Taeyeon stated then smiled at Tiffany.

“Well, Jessica is hungry and Yuri’s taking her to cafeteria to eat dinner. She said we should join them and eat.” Tiffany stated and started to pull Taeyeon’s arm dragging her towards the direction of the cafeteria. “Come on, let’s go.” She said with a smile.

“Okay okay.” Taeyeon replied and followed Tiffany. Am I just doing this because I feel guilty? Or because I pity her? Tiffany ah, do I really deserve your love? Taeyeon thought. Maybe it’s best for me to leave her. I have hurt her enough before and shouldn’t continue to hurt her.

***

“TaeTae ah,” Tiffany called as she opens the bathroom door to Taeyeon’s and Yuri’s room. “Where is she?” She asked seeing only Yuri in the room.

“Oh, Taeyeon left early today. Don’t ask me why because I would like to know that also.” Yuri replied. “Well, we got to go now or else we’ll be late.” She stated then rushes over to Tiffany’s and Jessica’s room. “Jessica ah, let’s go.” She called.

***

While everyone had already sat down, Taeyeon came in right before the bell rang.

“TaeTae!” Tiffany called. “Over here,” she added pointing to a seat she has saved for Taeyeon.

Seeing that Tiffany was calling her, Taeyeon showed the expression that she needs to talk to Sunny and thus will be sitting next to her. Tiffany understood what Taeyeon was trying to convey but pout when Taeyeon sat down next to Sunny instead of by her.

After class ends, Taeyeon took her chance and quickly gets out of class before anyone else does. Obviously, she’s trying to avoid Tiffany. And so she continued to avoid Tiffany for the next couple of days.

***

While wandering around the school campus on a Friday evening to avoid Tiffany, Taeyeon heard some music coming from her pocket. It was Zia’s I’m sorry I love you song, and Taeyeon quickly knew that it was no one other than Tiffany who was calling her. She picks up the phone and answered “Hello, Tiffany?”

“Taeyeon ah, where are you?” Tiffany asked on the phone.

“Uh…I’m the mall with Sunny.” She replied lying about her location.

“Really? Can I join you guys?”

“No. I mean, we’re about to watch a movie at the mall. It’s going to start soon, so I’ll talk to you later, okay?” Taeyeon stated then quickly hangs up without allowing Tiffany to say another word. After she hung up, she sighed of relief.

“Kim Taeyeon!” Tiffany voice was heard…but it wasn’t on the phone. It sounded like she was right behind Taeyeon.

Hearing Tiffany’s voice, Taeyeon was shocked. Then hesitated, she slowly turns her body around, praying that it wasn’t Tiffany. Once she could see who was behind her, all she could do was lower her head. “Tiffany…”

“Why are you lying to me? If you don’t want to see me just tell me, why do you have to lie to me?!” Tiffany exclaimed with a loud voice.

“…”

“Who do you think you are Kim Taeyeon? Who do you think you are to play with my life like this?” She questioned. “One day you would be so close to me then the next day you just avoid me! You know what? I’m sick of this! If you never want to be so close to me in the first place then don’t give me that hope! Fine, if you don’t want to deal with me anymore then I’ll stay away like you want me to!”

“Tiffany ah, I…I…”

“That’s enough! I don’t want to hear anymore of your lies. You have a good life then, because this will be the last thing I will ever say to you.” Tiffany stated then stormed off.

After Tiffany left, Taeyeon just stood there watching her walk away. “That right, just hate me. You’ll be better off without me.” She mumbled to herself, still with her head down low.

“Taeyeon…?”

When Taeyeon looks up, she finds Yuri standing there. It seems like she saw the whole scene between Taeyeon and Tiffany. “Yuri ah…I’m such a bad person, right?”

“What happened?” Yuri asked as she browses Taeyeon’s face to find droplets of tears running down her cheeks. I’ve never seen Taeyeon cried before. What exactly is going on? Yuri thought as felt Taeyeon hugged her tightly.

“Why does it hurt so much pushing her away even if I know it’s the best for her?” Taeyeon questioned while continuing to cry on Yuri’s shoulder.

“Look at how pathetic you are.” Out of no where, Jessica’s voice was heard surprising Taeyeon.

“Jessica?”

“Do you not know how to differentiate between pity and love?” Jessica asked in her mocking tone. “If you never had any feelings for her, it wouldn’t have hurt you. And yes, I overheard your conversation with Donghae.” She disclosed. “Yuri ah, let her figure out her own feelings herself.” She stated then pulled Yuri away leaving Taeyeon standing there by herself.

“Ya, Sica ah…we can’t leave her like that.” Yuri said.

“It will only help her, don’t worry.” Jessica assured then she turned to Yuri and asked, “Do you love me or do you pity me?”

“What?” Yuri asked in surprise.

“You never told me you love me.” Jessica stated staring at Yuri waiting to see her response.

“It’s something that you don’t just say it randomly…”

“But I want to hear it. Yuri ah…tell me you love me.” Jessica whines shaking Yuri’s arm. “Unless if you don’t love me, then you don’t have to.” She added.

“Ya! How can you not know how I feel after all we’ve been through?” Yuri exclaimed.

“I do I do, but I want to hear it from you. Please?” Jessica whines again with an additional pair of puppy eyes and a pout on her face.

“Ya, that’s not fair. Stop using your secret weapon on me.” Yuri demanded but Jessica did not stop and continue to pout. “Okay, okay.” She gave in making the pouting Jessica smiled sweetly waiting to hear what Yuri had to say. Before saying anything, Yuri looked around to see if anyone was around them, then slowly she whispers “I love you” using her Korean-accented English in Jessica’s ears.

“Yuri ah…I love you too.” Jessica replied softly as her cheeks blush.

“I know.” Yuri chuckled. “I’m irresistible.”

***

After Yuri and Jessica left, Taeyeon went back to the room to think over her feelings. As she sat on her bed looking around the room, she was reminded of the numerous events that took place in this room. She was reminded of the day Tiffany claimed that she was her girlfriend and gave her a kiss. She was reminded of the time when Tiffany had tricked her and gave her a peck on her cheeks. Then she would be reminded of how Tiffany would always be in the room to only be ignored by her. After so much thinking, Taeyeon shrugged. As she moves around on her bed, she accidentally pressed a button on her TV remote. It seemed like she hit the power button since the TV .

“Ye Eun!” A man cried while kneeling down in front of a grave.

Isn’t this that With All My Love drama that Tiffany and Sunny watch? Taeyeon thought as she continues watching.

“I’m sorry I’ve failed to see your love for me. I’m sorry Ye Eun ah.” The man continued to cry. “If only I had known sooner and convey my love to you sooner, you wouldn’t have been in so much pain. If only, I could tell you before you left. Ye Eun ah, please forgive me.”

Babo-ah. This whole time, she’s been giving you so many hints that she loves you. Why were you so blind to her love? Taeyeon thought as she remembers Tiffany’s reaction when she last saw the drama in the room. Kim Taeyeon, you have made the biggest mistake in your life to hurt her, the person that you are in love with.