Chapter 16

Wishing You Were Here

It has been a few weeks since that day that Tiffany realizes her feelings for Taeyeon. And since that day, Tiffany has accepted her feelings towards her. Although her heart still beats fast when she’s around Taeyeon, she can now pull it off coolly without Taeyeon noticing it. Although Taeyeon doesn’t have any special feelings for Tiffany and only used her to avoid Junsu, Tiffany is still very happy to play a part of their “fake” relationship. And Jessica could see that. The sleeping beauty that has never cared about anything other than eat and sleep has started to pay more attention to Tiffany and often take glances at her and Taeyeon.

On the other hand, Yuri continues to try to melt the ice in Jessica’s heart. With Tiffany’s tip, she has often successfully tricked Jessica into hanging out with her by providing food. And it seems like it’s working for both Yuri and Jessica. But on the surface, only Jessica’s physical body was with Yuri. Her mind and heart resist to be warmed up. Either that or both her mind and heart were with Tiffany.

***

Today is the girls’ first game with Ko-Ko University (obviously made up). First doubles game is Taeyeon and Tiffany.

“Hi, nice to meet you. I’m Tiffany.” Tiffany said with a smile as she shook hand with both of their opponents.

“Hi, I’m Taeyeon.” Taeyeon greeting then shook hands with their opponents.

“Hi, I’m Miyoung.” One of the opponents said and shook Taeyeon and Tiffany’s hands.

“And I’m Yoojin.” The other opponent greeted and shook their hands.

“Hey, isn’t that your name Tiffany? Miyoung?” Taeyeon smirked sticking her tongue out knowing that Tiffany hated her Korean name.

“Watch yourself.” Tiffany warned with her evil glare.

“Oh you two have matching rackets! That’s so cute.” Miyoung said smiling at them.

“Yeah of course since we’re_” Excitedly, Tiffany was about to spill everything out.

“Very close friends.” Taeyeon interrupted and forced out a fake smile to Tiffany.

“Are you guys ready?” Yoojin asked with courtesy. After seeing Taeyeon and Tiffany nodded the four girls began their game.

After the first point, Taeyeon and Tiffany were confident they could beat their opponents. It seems like they’ve just started playing so it was just an easy match for Taeyeon and Tiffany. They beat the poor girls by 8-1.

“Good game you two! You guys are really good.” Miyoung complimented as they shook hands.

“Thanks, you’re really good as well for just starting.” Tiffany replied with a smile on her face.

“Good game.” Both Taeyeon and Yoojin said as they shook each other’s hands. After they had finished shaking hands the four girls left the court for the next game.

“Good job guys!” Yuri shouted as Taeyeon and Tiffany came back to the bench. Yuri and Jessica have been sitting on the bench waiting for their turn as well as watching Taeyeon’s and Tiffany’s game.

“Kwon Yuri and Jessing Jung please come to court number two!”

“That was too easy for yall, watch us play.” Jessica smirked then jump off the bench with Yuri and headed for the court.

“Wait, Jessica.” Yuri shouted catching Jessica’s attention causing her to turn around. “I bought you a sweatband since I know you sweat a lot.” Yuri said handed Jessica the sweatband.

Jessica accepted the wristband and looked at Yuri, “Thanks.” She said and headed off for the game.

Gah, how many times does she actually say ‘thanks’? But she said it to me! Yay! Yuri thought and smiled.

“Look at her.” Tiffany pointed to Yuri. “She must’ve liked Jessica or else why would she be doing all this stuff for her.”

“We should hook them up.” Taeyeon suggested and both she and Tiffany nodded.

“Hey, Taeyeon and Tiffany. Nice game out there.” A girl said as she taps Taeyeon’s shoulder from behind. The girl’s name is Lee Sunny. She’s on the tennis team playing doubles with Choi Sooyoung. Taeyeon and Sunny has been getting close since they were on the tennis team together and have all of their classes together like her and Tiffany. Tiffany never liked the sight of her because every time she’s around, Taeyeon seems to always talks to her and ignores Tiffany. And her partner wasn’t much of a pleasant sight for Tiffany either and especially for Yuri. No matter where she is she’s always munching on something. Because of that Sooyoung and Jessica seems to have a lot in common and would often eat with each other.

“Oh, hey Sunny! Have you guys played yet?” Taeyeon asked excitedly. “If not, I want to watch your next game!”

“Wouldn’t you want to see Yuri’s and Jessica’s game?” Tiffany butts in before Sunny could answer Taeyeon.

“Ya, don’t be rude. Sorry she’s immature like that.” Taeyeon apologized then continues to have a decent conversation with Sunny ignoring Tiffany.

Immature? Did you just call me immature? Ya! Kim Taeyeon! How dare you? All because of her? Tiffany thought with much jealousy.

“Hey, Sooyoung and I are going to go out to dinner tonight, would you guys want to come with us?” Sunny asked.

“Oh, of course I_”

“GO YURI GO JESSICA!!! GO YUSICA!!!” Tiffany screamed cutting Taeyeon’s off from her sentence. Although after that Tiffany received a deadly glare from Taeyeon, she still managed to interrupt their conversation. It was worth it for her.

“Lee Sunny and Choi Sooyoung please come to the court number 3.”

“I guess we’re up next.” Sunny said then stood up with Sooyoung.

“I’ll come watch you guys play.” Taeyeon said as she stood up with Sunny and Sooyoung.

“Where are you going?” Tiffany quickly asked the second she saw Taeyeon stand up.

“I’m going to watch Sunny play on court number 3.” Taeyeon replied.

“But what about Yuri and Jessica?”

“I’m sure with you as their cheerleader they’ll be fine without me.” Taeyeon responded then left with Sunny.

Oh no you don’t. You’re going to leave me here to go with her? In your dreams! Tiffany thought as she quickly follows Taeyeon to the bench on court 3.

Yuri and Jessica were doing a great job on the court against their intermediate opponents. Their score as of right then was 6 - 2. They only need to win two more games and the game is theirs. But as Jessica sees Tiffany following Taeyeon to another court her mood changed. And it wasn’t a good one either. Jessica quickly becomes ill-tempered and hit all the balls that she gets out. After a few games the score was 8 - 8. And with the help of Yuri who was still in the game they managed to win the tie breaker by 7-5.

“Good games guys.” The four girls said as they shook each other’s hands and walk off the court.

Jessica immediately walks off to a place where no one was once she was out of the court. Her mood was still bad.

“What’s wrong, Jessica? Are you okay?” Yuri was worried and followed Jessica.

“I’m fine. Sorry I almost made us lost.” Jessica apologized as she wipes her sweats with her towel.

“Is it because of Tiffany?” Yuri asked as she looks at Jessica’s change in expression. “I’ve always noticed that you always have this special gaze towards her.” The next thing she notices was Jessica’s wet face. At first she couldn’t tell if they were the sweat on her face or tears but when she saw Jessica’s watery eyes, she knew they were her tears.

“Yuri ah. I don’t know how long I can keep this up anymore.” Jessica cried then finds herself get pulled into Yuri’s embrace.

“It’s okay, Jessica. Just let it all out. Just cry to me. I’m here with you.” Yuri expressed while patting Jessica’s shoulder. This is the first time I’ve seen any emotion on her face. But I would rather see the cold Ice Princess that she has always been than to see her crying like this. Does it hurt a lot? I promise I’ll be here for you whenever you need me. Yuri thought as she continues to embrace the crying Jessica.race the crying Jessica.