Chapter 28

Wishing You Were Here

“Ya, Taeyeon wake up.”

“Tiffany, go wake Yuri up first.” Taeyeon growled and pulls the blanket over her head.

“What are you talking about? I am up. Get up before you’re late.” Yuri stated and shakes Taeyeon’s body.

“Yuri?” Taeyeon asked and slowly opens her eyes.

“Of course it’s me. You think Tiffany would come here and wake you up like everyday after what you did to her yesterday?” Yuri responded rolling her eyes at Taeyeon.

Taeyeon didn’t say anything then went to the bathroom to get ready. When she was in the bathroom, she saw Tiffany brushing her teeth. Tiffany continued to brush her teeth as if she did not see Taeyeon at all. After she finished, she left the bathroom as if no one was there.

“Eh? Trying to play it cool?” Taeyeon muttered then went continued to wash up.

***

“Tiffany, didn’t you hurt your back yesterday? Does it still hurt?” Jessica asked but Tiffany did not answer. She seems blanked out. “Tiffany!” She shouted. “Tiffany, you’re scaring me. Are you ok?”

“I’m fine.” Tiffany replied, still with a blank expression.

“Let me see your back, is it ok?” Jessica asked but Tiffany didn’t reply. She walks around Tiffany to her back and slowly lifts up her shirt. “Oh my gosh, Tiffany. Are you sure you’re okay? There’s a big bruise there. Does it not hurt?” She exclaimed as she stares at the tennis ball size bruise on Tiffany’s back.

“I’ve already experienced the worst pain there is, that is nothing compared to it.” Tiffany replied then pulls herself away from Jessica.

“Tiffany, don’t scare me.” Jessica said worriedly.

“What’s wrong?” Yuri poked in from the bathroom door.

“She’s scaring me.” Jessica responded pointing to Tiffany.

“I’m fine. Really. Let’s just go to the class.” Tiffany stated then head for the door.

“Just let her be for a while.” Yuri suggested and pats Jessica’s shoulder.

Through out the day, Tiffany stayed quiet as in the morning. She did not make a sound. She did not smile. She did not cry. She was like a body without a soul. She managed to follow her classmates to class accordingly and that was about it. Jessica and Yuri tried to talk to her but failed miserably.

After the final bell rings, the announcement came on. “Attention all outdoor sport players, today’s practice has been canceled due to the rain. Indoor sport players will have their practice as usual.” With that being said, the girls went back to their dorm instead of dressing out for tennis practice.

“Tiffany, you haven’t eaten all day. Come on, let’s eat with me.” Jessica stated shaking Tiffany’s arm.

“I’m not hungry. You and Yuri go ahead.” Tiffany replied sitting on her bed hugging her legs. She has been sitting like that ever since she was back from school, not moving a muscle. Her head was down, her face was blanked, her eyes dazed out.

“At least drink some water, please?” Jessica begs handing Tiffany a glass of water. Seeing that Jessica is worried, Tiffany took the glass of water. “Well, Yuri and I will get something to eat. If you need anything call us, okay?” After seeing Tiffany nodded slightly, Jessica went out the room and met Yuri at the stairs. They then walk down to the cafeteria together.

***

Once Jessica and Yuri were down the cafeteria, they noticed that Taeyeon and Sunny were eating dinner together with Sooyoung. It seems like the ball hit Sunny really hard since there is a big bruise on Sunny’s nose. Taeyeon noticed Jessica and Yuri entered the cafeteria but did not say anything and continued her conversation with Sunny.

“I can’t believe her. She’s acting like nothing has happened.” Jessica stated. “Doesn’t she know how much she has hurt Tiffany? I need to talk some sense in to her!”

“Jessica!” Yuri called as Jessica walked over to Taeyeon, Sunny and Sooyoung.

“I can’t believe you’re just sitting here like as if nothing has happened. Can’t you tell that you’ve hurt her? Can’t you see how you’ve faded the everyday smile on her face?” Jessica scolded staring straight into Taeyeon’s face.

“Ya!” Taeyeon yelled. “Why are you guys all blaming me? It wasn’t like I wasn’t been patient with her. I put up with so much of it already. And yesterday was when I can’t put it with it anymore.” She reasoned. “Just because she likes me doesn’t mean I have to like her back!”

“You!” Jessica yelled.

“Jessica!” Yuri held her back. “Come on let’s go. Just leave her.” She said and dragged Jessica away from Taeyeon. She didn’t want to cause too much of a scene since Taeyeon is still her friend.

***

The next few days were even worse. Tiffany still refused to eat. Although Jessica had tried many ways to get her to eat, she was not successful at all. She has tried to talk to her, beg her, feed her, and even threaten to stop eating but they were no use. Tiffany remained still on the bed as a few days back. She did not attend class. She did not go to tennis practice. She sat there and continued to sit there. She is now very pale.

Tonight again, Tiffany stayed still in the same position while Jessica was lying on her bed. As much as she tries to sleep, with Tiffany acting like that it wasn’t easy for her. Suddenly some music was heard. It sounded like it had came from the bathroom.

“Mianhae Mianhae Mianhae…”

Hearing the song played, Tiffany was reminded of how Taeyeon used to sang the song to her.

***Flashback***

“Tiffany ah…uh…” Taeyeon hesitated as she notices that Tiffany didn’t even look at her. Then she thought of the new Zia’s I’m sorry I love you song she has just heard and starts to sing a line from it. “Mianhae (I’m sorry) Mianhae Mianhae…” Still Tiffany was uninterested. She decided to recite it again. “Mianhae Mianhae Mianhae…” This time she noticed that Tiffany had turned around.

Taeyeon you dork. Tiffany thought as she turns around to hide the smile on her face.

“Ya…Fany ah.” Taeyeon whines trying to act cute. “Ok, I’ll say it. I’m sorry. You’re happy? I’m sorry that I didn’t realized how I ignored everyone else when I’m with Sunny. And I’m sorry that I yelled at you. I’m really sorry, okay? Would you forgive me?” Taeyeon finally apologized. Then she heard Tiffany giggled and turned Tiffany’s body around. “Oh! You were playing around with me!” she acts mad.

“It’s not my fault you’re such a dork Kim Taeyeon.” Tiffany smiled.

***End of Flashback***

The Tiffany that had been sitting on her bed motionless started to sobs. Tears formed and rolled down her cheeks as she thought of Taeyeon. “Kim Taeyeon, why are you so heartless?” She cried.

“Ya, Tiffany. Are you okay?” Jessica asked and quickly rushes over to Tiffany’s side. She began wiping her tears away but there were just too much. They kept coming out non-stop. “Tiffany ah…”

“Jessica!” Tiffany cried even louder then hugged Jessica. “Did you hear the song? Taeyeon once apologized to me singing that song. Do you know how happy I was? I thought that she really cared about me then. I really did. But now it hurts so much, Jessica ah. Those words that came out from are like thousand of needles stabbing at my heart. Why did I receive so much pain? Was it wrong to love her? Why didn’t she believe my words? Jessica ah, how can I get rid of this pain? It hurts a lot. It hurts more than anything in this world.”

“Just cry it all out. Just let it all out. It will be easier if you let everything off your chest. I will always be here for you whenever you need me to.” Jessica consoled and continued to hug Tiffany. After a few seconds, she noticed that Tiffany did not say anything and lets go of the hug. “Tiffany! Tiffany! Don’t scare me! Say something! Tiffany! Tiffany! Come on, don’t do this to me! Wake up!” She shouted as she shakes Tiffany’s body hoping it would wake her up.

Suddenly the door bursts open. “What happened?!” Taeyeon asked. The music that Tiffany heard actually came from Taeyeon’s phone as a ringtone since she was in the bathroom. So she had been standing in the bathroom the whole time and overheard their conversation.

“She fainted!” Jessica exclaimed. “Call the ambulance!”

***

Tiffany had been taking by the ambulance to the closest hospital. She is now in the emergency room while Jessica Yuri and Taeyeon are outside waiting.

“Are you happy now?” Jessica yelled but Taeyeon did say anything. She just stood there patiently waiting for any news of Tiffany.

After waiting patiently for thirty minutes, the doctor finally came out. “Who’s here is Tiffany’s family member?” He asked.

“Both her parents are in the States, but I’m her best friend.” Jessica responded. “Is she okay?”

“She hasn’t been eating nor sleeping for a couple of days so her body was basically worn out. We have injected an amount of glucose in her body so she should be fine now. She just needs to rest for a couple of days and eat regularly. I highly suggested that she stays in the hospital during those days so we can keep an eye on her.” The doctor answered.

“Can we see her, now?” Yuri asked.

“She is asleep so I suggest that you do not interrupt her sleep since she hasn’t been sleeping for a while. But once she is awake you are welcome to see her then.” The doctor replied.

“Thank you, Sir.” Jessica thanked and bowed to the doctor as he walks off to treat another patient.