Chapter 11

Wishing You Were Here

Finally, the school day was over. The four girls didn’t have much homework other than getting all the materials needed for each class. As the girls head back to their dorms after the final bell has rang, Taeyeon’s phone vibrated again. She took it out and noticed that she has a new text message…from Tiffany. She read the text to her “Meet me in the bathroom right when we both settle in our rooms.” She turned to Tiffany with a questioning face to why Tiffany had sent her such a text. Tiffany acts dumb and continues to walk. The second Jessica enters the room, her body was already on the bed. Tiffany puts down her things then went into the bathroom and waits for Taeyeon. Taeyeon settled in then came into the bathroom when she saw Tiffany standing there. What Taeyeon didn’t know was that Yuri had already noticed that the occupied light was on. Wait Taeyeon, someone’s in there! Oh no she went in. Yuri thought.

“So what’s going on?” Taeyeon asked.

“You told me you’d tell me why you look troubled. So tell me.” Tiffany said though she already has a clue of what’s going on.

“Oh. About that.” Taeyeon said. “Well, it’s nothing serious.”

“Don’t think you can walk out of here without telling me.” Tiffany demanded with her hands on her waist.

“Fine.” Taeyeon grumbled. “Well, it’s like this…before school started today…”

***Flashback***

“Taeyeon!” Junsu shouted as he ran towards Taeyeon.

“Oh. Junsu. What’s up?” Taeyeon asked.

“Did you get my text?” He asked.

“What text?” Taeyeon asked back with a clueless look on her face as she pulls out her phone. Oh no. I’m not using his phone. Ah, Kim Taeyeon. Nice going. Taeyeon thought.

Junsu noticed her phone and his face sadden. “Did you get a new phone?” He finally asked.

“Oh, this. I…I actually got it before you gave me the iphone, that’s why I didn’t want to take your iphone.” Taeyeon lied.

“Oh. Really?” He mumbled. “Well, it’s fine.” He forced out a smile. “I just want to ask if you want to go out with me again tonight. Just me and you.” He asked with a hopeful smile on his face.

“Um, I’m not sure. I’m afraid not. I’m just worried that the teachers will assign a lot of homework.”

“How about I come to your dorm and ask you later today? Then you can give me a solid answer, ok? Well I have to go to class now. I’ll talk to you later!” Junsu, once again insisted, then quickly walks away without letting Taeyeon reject him.

***End of Flashback***

“Oh…But I don’t get it. If he hasn’t successfully asked you out ever since high school, shouldn’t he catch on that you’re not interested?” Tiffany questioned.

“Tell me about it.”

“Just tell him you like someone else already.” Tiffany suggested.

“But I don’t! And what if he asks about that person?” Taeyeon replied, “That wouldn’t do.”

“Oh, I got an idea! Taeyeon, you don’t have your racket with you, right?” Tiffany asked. When Taeyeon shook her head, Tiffany continued. “Me neither. We should all go to the sport shop close by and buy our rackets before Junsu gets here.”

“But then it would be rude since he told me he would come by.” Taeyeon protested.

“Just leave a note on the door that I dragged you out. Ok, let’s do it. I’ll get Jessica.” Tiffany insisted.

“Gosh you guys are so much alike. Never give me a chance to say anything.” Taeyeon grumbles then walk out of the bathroom.

Yuri has been staring at the bathroom door ever since Taeyeon walk in. She couldn’t hear anything but was wondering who was in there with Taeyeon. I wonder who Taeyeon’s in there with. And what are they doing in there? Oh she’s coming out. I’m going to check who was in there. “Oh Taeyeon, finally. I really need to go!” Yuri said as she rushes toward the door.

“Wait!” Taeyeon screamed. I can’t let her see Tiffany in there. She’ll think that we were doing something. Uh oh. Too late. She has already opened the door.

“Jessica?” Yuri asked, surprised. She was expecting Tiffany since she has been suspecting there’s something going on with them. What was Taeyeon doing with Jessica in the bathroom? Yuri thought as she stares at Taeyeon.

“Are we going, or not?” Jessica turns to them and asked not even bothered that they came in the bathroom when she was in there.

“Go where?” Yuri questioned as she gave Taeyeon her suspicious look.

“Oh. Well, since neither of us have our rackets. Tiffany and I talked about going to get our rackets together at the sport shop close by…” and before Taeyeon could finish her sentence she was interrupted by Yuri.

“When did you guys talk about that? I was with you both the whole time today.” Yuri interrupts

“We talked…over the phone. Yeah, over the phone.” Taeyeon quickly made it up. “Well, lets get ready, Yuri.” She quickly changes the subject. Phew. That was close. She thought.

“Oookay.” Yuri replied. I’m watching you. Yuri thought.

Well within five minutes, they were all ready to go. Tiffany even made a note saying “Sorry Junsu, Tiffany dragged me to go with her. I can’t go out with you today.” And taped it on Taeyeon’s door. Twenty minutes after they left, Junsu came to the door and saw the sign.

“Tiffany again. It’s her again. Why does she always have to mess up everything I plan?” Junsu grumbles as he walks back to his dorm feeling both mad and disappointed.

***

The way to the sport shop, Taeyeon avoided any close contact with Tiffany. Instead, she stays close to Jessica. She knows Yuri is suspecting between her and Tiffany and thus believes that by staying away from Tiffany, Yuri would lose her suspicion. However, by staying close with Jessica, Yuri even has a better reason to keep an eye on her. Finally, they arrived at the store.

“Oh, pink racket!” Tiffany shouted then quickly grabs the pink Prince racket off the shelf. “Sica ah, doesn’t this look like the one back in the states?” Tiffany asked showing Jessica the pink racket.

Jessica took a quick glance over it then replied, “Looks like it.”

“Tiffany, do you like pink or something?” Taeyeon asked since how excited Tiffany is seeing a pink racket.

“Have you not seen our room?” Jessica questioned her back. Taeyeon shook her head. “Well you should come over, and look at how obsessed she is with that color.” She added with sarcasm. When she turns her head to look around the store, something caught her eyes. She walks over to the shelf and grabbed a Head racket.

“Oh, I’ve always wanted a Head racket.” Yuri said when she saw Jessica grabbed the Head racket. As she looks around, she saw another Head racket and grabbed it. “I think I’ll take this one.”

“I’m getting this pink one.” Tiffany said smiling excitedly with the pink racket in her hand.

“I’m used to Prince so I guess I’ll take this blue Prince racket.” Taeyeon said as she grabs a blue Prince racket. Ironically, it’s the exact same style as the pink one that Tiffany has just picked out, except blue.

After a few more minutes of browsing the girls check out with the rackets that they chose. Tiffany and Taeyeon both got a Prince racket while Yuri and Jessica both got a Head racket. After checking out, the girls ate dinner at a close by restaurant then went home. As they walk past the school gate to enter the school, they didn’t notice that Junsu was staring out of his window and saw Tiffany and Taeyeon happily walking with each other, not noticing that they were separated by Yuri and Jessica. All he could felt was anger.

***

The next morning when Tiffany wakes up, she noticed that there’s a letter by her door. She quickly picks the up and letter and read it to herself, “Tiffany. Meet me behind the stairs on the second floor 30 minutes before class starts. Junsu.”

“What’s this all about?” Tiffany scratched her head. She didn’t want anyone else to know and quickly threw the letter away. “Let’s see, what you’re up to now.” She mumbles to herself as she head towards the bathroom to wash up.