Chapter 31

Wishing You Were Here

Yuri and Jessica were walking home from the park hand-in-hand when they ran into a little bit of a problem. What should they do when they arrive in front of Jessica’s door? They stood in front of the door, unsure of what they should do or say each other.

“Uh…” Both hesitated. “You go first then_” Again, they said it at the same time and just smiled shyly. An awkward moment of silent begins again.

“Do you…want to come in?” Jessica hesitated but asked shyly. “I mean, since Tiffany won’t be home until a while…you can play with me. I mean, you keep me company. I mean_” Oh great Jessica. You’ve said all the wrong things to say. Jessica thought wanting to slap herself.

“Uh…sure?” Yuri replied.

“If you don’t want to, you don’t have to.”

“I do!” Yuri exclaimed. “I mean I don’t want to bother Taeyeon doing her homework over there. It would be great if I can stay in yours for a little while.” She pulled it off.

“Ok…” Jessica responded. They stood there for another ten seconds without doing anything. “Yuri ah…”

“Huh?”

“You have to release my hand…I can’t get the keys in my left pocket.” Jessica said softly staring at her hand. After she heard what Jessica said, Yuri released her hand and Jessica was able to get the keys to open the door. Finally the door was open and the two went in then close the door behind them.

Jessica sat down on her bed and Yuri sat next to her. They had a little moment of silent since neither knew what to say.

“Let’s watch TV.” Jessica suggested breaking their moment of silent. Once the TV screen fully loaded it was playing the movie Titanic. And the worse timing of all, it was the scene where Jack and Rose were kissing each other on the car. When Yuri and Jessica saw the screen, their eyes widen as they turned to each other. “Let’s not watch TV now.” Jessica said and quickly turned it of.

“Jessica ah…” Yuri called softy.

“Huh?” Jessica asked softly then turned to face Yuri. Her face was very close to Yuri’s and they stood in that position for the next ten seconds without saying anything.

“Do you want your special treat, now?” Yuri whispered breaking the silent.

“What special treat?”

“A kiss.” Yuri replied as she moves closer to Jessica’s face.

Hearing Yuri’s words, Jessica’s eyes widen. She was about to give in when, “Wait.” She said interrupting the moment.

“Why?”

“What if Tiffany gets home and sees us?” Jessica responded.

“The movie will take a while. Even if it didn’t…look, she forgot her keys. We’ll be ok.”

***

Knock. Knock. Knock. Someone knocked on the door. It wasn’t on the doors of Tiffany’s and Jessica’s room but was actually Taeyeon’s and Yuri’s room. Taeyeon was still doing her assignment when she heard the knock. She wondered who it is but stood up to open the door. Once she opened the door, she finds standing outside was…Tiffany.

“Tiffany…?” Taeyeon asked in surprised.

Tiffany smiled at Taeyeon then shyly said, “I forgot my keys and Jessica is probably sleeping so can I go through your bathroom doors?”

“Oh. Yeah, go ahead.” Taeyeon replied.

“Thanks.” Tiffany thanked then enters the room. As she headed for the bathroom door, she heard Taeyeon’s voice and turned around.

“Tiffany.” Taeyeon called. Tiffany turned around and had a questionable look on her face.

“What is it?”

“I haven’t talked to you in a while, just wondering how you’ve been.” Taeyeon stated.

“Oh, I have been very good.” Tiffany replied with her signature smile. “What about you?” She asked.

“I’ve been good.” Taeyeon replied. “I heard you guys were going to dinner with Donghae, how was it?”

“It was fun actually. Donghae was a fun guy. I had a lot of fun talking to him.” Tiffany said.

“Wait, so why was Jessica home earlier?”

“Oh. We were planning on going to the movies, Yuri and Jessica didn’t want to come with us so they left early. But since there was some accident near the theatre, the traffic was horrible, so we decided to go home.” Tiffany explained.

“I see I see.” Taeyeon acknowledged. “Well, we haven’t talked to each other for a while…maybe we can have dinner together sometimes…like in the cafeteria or something.” She suggested though reluctantly.

“Um…yeah that sounds good.” Tiffany responded. “Donghae wants to go to noraebang (karaoke) tomorrow, if you guys want to join us.”

“Yeah?” Taeyeon asked. “Ok, just let me know when.” She added.

“Yeah definitely.” Tiffany said then smiled again. “Well, I’ll go back to my room now, bye TaeTa_” She paused. “Taeyeon.” Correcting herself she smiled then walked through the door. After she opens the door on her side of the room, she saw Yuri and Jessica sitting on Jessica’s bed. They seem like they’re about to do something. “Ya, what are you guys doing?” Tiffany asked making Yuri and Jessica jump up in surprise.

“Tiffany…what are you doing back so early?” Yuri asked nervously as she stands up from Jessica’s bed. “And why did you go through that door?”

“Don’t try to change the subject, what were you guys doing?” Tiffany asked again shifting her eyebrows looking back and forth at Yuri and Jessica.

“Nothing.” Jessica responded denying any ideas.

“Whatever.” Tiffany rolled her eyes knowing exactly what they were about to do. “Oh and Donghae wants to go to noraebang tomorrow.” She announced as she lies down on her bed.

“Yeah? Will Changmin be there?” Jessica asked trying to stir some jealousy in Yuri’s mind. Just as she expect, Yuri quickly gave her a deadly glare after she asked the question.

“I’m assuming so since they’re best friends.”

“Then I guess I’ll be bringing Yoona and her roommate too.” Yuri stated with a smirk on her face. “I’m going back to my room now, tell me more about it later.” She said then starts to head towards the bathroom doors.

“I’ll walk her back to her room.” Jessica stated then quickly follows Yuri in the bathroom and closed the door behind them.

Tiffany rolled her eyes at Jessica. “Walk her? It’s only a couple of steps away. You’re so obvious.” She mumbled to herself then chuckled at the sight.

After Jessica closed the bathroom doors, she grabbed and pulled Yuri’s hand making Yuri turn around facing her. Once she pulled Yuri in closer to her body, she placed both of her hands behind Yuri’s ears and pulled her head in closer to her own. Right then was when she planted a light kiss on Yuri’s lips. Seeing how Yuri blushed, Jessica let out a smile and said “You’re so cute when you’re jealous.”

“And do you know how you can make me look even cuter?” Yuri asked. “Kiss me again.”

“You’re too greedy.” Jessica stated then starts to the turn around to head back to her room.

“You’re not going anywhere.” Yuri said then pulled Jessica back towards her. After pulling Jessica’s body into her embrace Yuri reaches for Jessica’s lips. First she started with a light touch on Jessica’s lips, then begins to press their lips together as she felt Jessica’s hands around her neck pulling her in. Soon, they were making out while embracing each other in the bathroom. After a long passionate kiss, they lets go of each other. Both blushed and refused to look at each other feeling embarrassed.

“I’m going back to my room now.” Jessica said then rushed out of the bathroom leaving Yuri standing there smiling.

***

“Ya, I want to sing So Nyeo Shi Dae!” Exclaimed Tiffany excitedly with my microphone in her hand.

Just as planned, Tiffany, Yuri, and Jessica joined Donghae and Changmin at noraebang along with Taeyeon, Sunny and Sooyoung.

“Let me choose that song for you then.” Donghae stated then smiled sweetly at Tiffany. Soon Tiffany begins to sing “Don't make fun of me because I'm young.” After Tiffany finished everyone applauded especially Donghae. “Taeyeon sings really well, here sing Taeyeon!” She suggested and by force she shoved the microphone into Taeyeon’s hand.

“Oh, I know what to pick for her to sing. She sings this song all the time.” Sunny stated then chose the song she wanted using the remote.

“Sunny, not that one.” Taeyeon warned but she was too late.

Soon the song came on and surprised both Tiffany and Jessica. It was no other song but Zia’s Saranghae Mianhae (I’m sorry I love you) song, the song that brought many tears to Tiffany the last time she heard it. Jessica knew because she was there when Tiffany cried and fainted in front of her. She looked over to Tiffany to see if she was ok and as expected, Tiffany did not look happy.

“Taeyeon sing, this is your favorite song, isn’t it?” Sunny asked insisting that Taeyeon should sing the song.

“Yeah, sing. I haven’t heard you sang that song in a while…” Tiffany requested as she forces out a smile.

“Um…okay.” Taeyeon accepted the request then begins to sing. Everyone was in awe with Taeyeon’s voice, even Tiffany. But once Taeyeon reaches to “Mianhae Mianhae Mianhae” part, Tiffany looked awfully worse and Taeyeon took notice.

”Um, I need to use the restroom for a bit.” Tiffany said then forced out a smile before leaving the room.

Taeyeon and Jessica knew exactly what’s going and both were about to stand up to follow Tiffany when Donghae volunteered to. “She didn’t seem right, let me check on her.” He said then followed Tiffany outside.