Chapter 26

Wishing You Were Here

When Yuri hugged her, Jessica felt the need to hug Yuri back. And for that little moment she felt a bit of warmth and joy that hasn’t felt for so long. But something stopped her, “Yuri…” she hesitated then lets go of the hug. “I don’t think I’m ready yet.” She revealed.

“Why, what’s wrong?” Yuri asked.

“I think I still like Tiffany…” She paused while staring into Yuri’s eyes as they’re filled with tears. “You have to understand. I need to confirm my feelings, Yuri ah.” She asserted still looking directly into Yuri’s eyes. “I need confirm that I’m not just using you as a rebound and that I do in fact like you. Please wait for me.” She continued. Is it too much to ask? I know I’m being very selfish but I don’t want to lose you nor do I want to hurt you. Please Yuri, please understand me. Jessica thought.

Yuri didn’t want to show Jessica her tears and quickly swallows them back in to her heart. She forced out a smile and replied to Jessica, “I will wait for you. And even if your answer is not of what I desired, I will continue to wait until I can win over your heart. Jessica, I will wait for you.”

“But I’m hungry now.” Jessica joked trying to change the subject. “Are you still treating me to dinner?”

“Who said I was treating you? I was just asking if you wanted to come along.” Yuri replied as the two began to head back to the tennis court. Seeing Jessica grumbles, Yuri gave in to Jessica demand though she knows that it will only be like ripping her own wallet.

***

“So who exactly is Yoona?” Jessica asked shyly as Yuri and her wait for their food to arrive.

Yuri chuckled then asked Jessica back, “Are you jealous of Yoona?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Either way, you got jealous at the wrong person. Yoona is my cousin. Don’t you think we look alike?” Yuri explained as she sees Jessica’s mood lightened. “And unlike you, I’m straightforwardly telling you right now that I don’t like it when you’re with Sooyoung.” She admitted. “I have confident when it comes to rivaling against Tiffany but knowing you so well, I don’t have any confident if I’m rivaling against an equally food lover.”

“Turning into Tiffany now, eh?” Jessica smirked. “Sooyoung is nice. She doesn’t ask anything of me. She doesn’t trick me. She doesn’t bother me. She just wants me to eat with her.” She replied listing all the nice characteristics of Sooyoung using the fingers of her hands.

“But the thing is you like being tricked, you like to be bothered and most important, you like it when I’m the one tricking and bothering you.” Yuri claimed with a sense of arrogance.

“In your dreams.” Jessica replied and chuckled. “Oh, food is here!” She excitedly welcomed the food that’s being brought to the table.

***

Although Tiffany had tried her best to keep shut, she failed miserably. The second she sees Taeyeon, her whole body is filled with excitement as if Taeyeon is like some caffeine substance.

“Taeyeon, Taeyeon ah! There’s a bug!” Tiffany screamed then ran to Taeyeon and jumped on her bed.

“Then go back to your room!” Taeyeon demanded ignoring the screaming Tiffany and carried on with her laptop. “I’m playing a game don’t bother me.” She added.

Tiffany made a face in disappointment and slowly switches to Yuri’s bed, not dare to step on the floor. Being bored, she the TV and starts to watch her favorite drama, With All My Heart (made up). “Oh my gosh, why are you so dumb?!” She yelled at the TV screen. “She obviously likes you, can’t you see that after all the things that she’s done for you?! You will regret it.”

“YA! Can’t you watch that dumb drama in your own room?” Taeyeon shouted feeling annoyed by Tiffany’s shouting.

“I don’t want to be by myself over there.” Tiffany replied with a pout. But seeing how annoyed Taeyeon looked, she added, “I can’t because the bug is right there,” She pointed to the floor.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes then stood up and grabbed a broom from the bathroom. She then came out and chased the cockroach out of the room. “There, now you can leave.” She stated then sat back on her bed.

Feeling defeated, Tiffany head back to her room with a disappointed feeling. It wasn’t the first time though she still hasn’t been able to get used to it. After lying on her bed for a while, she heard the door unlocks. “Oh you’re home? How was your date with Yuri?” Tiffany asked seeing Jessica enters the room.

“We ate.” She replied not wanting to disclose any other ideas to Tiffany’s mind. “Did you get kicked back again?” She asked seeing how Tiffany was lying on her bed in a bad mood. After seeing Tiffany nodded, she continued. “Then why don’t you just give up already?”

“I want to, Jessica. But I can’t. I don’t know why I always find myself running to her.” Tiffany replied with a sigh. “If only the person I like is Yuri.” She said surprising Jessica. “Look how nice and patient she is with you. If I were you, I’d agree to be with her already.” She added.

“She is…a very good girl.” Jessica mumbled to herself in agreement.

***

“Where’s Tiffany? I would think that she’d be over here at this time.” Yuri asked as she enters the room.

“I just told her to go back to her room since she was bothering me. Seriously she needs to stop bothering me before I go off on her even though I promised not to yell at her.” Taeyeon exclaimed.

Yuri shook her head at Taeyeon. “You think being mean to her is a good tactics? Ok, even if you succeed by doing so, don’t you think she’ll be hurt?” She lectured then went to the bathroom to change into her pajamas.

“What about me? Do I deserve to be bothered to death?” Taeyeon reasoned knowing Yuri had already gone in the bathroom.

***

The next day went as usual though Yuri and Jessica seems to be together a lot more. After school ended, the girls changed into the athletic clothes and head to the tennis court for their tennis practice. Before practice even starts, Tiffany had already seen Taeyeon and Sunny walking together. Not wanting to get left behind, Tiffany quickly rushes to Taeyeon’s side.

“Hey guys!” Tiffany greeted.

“Hey, Tiffany.” Sunny greeted back with a smile when Taeyeon didn’t even give her eye contact. “Oh Tiffany, I heard you also watch that drama With All My Heart. Do you like it?” She asked.

“Yeah, I like it, except for one character. I hate that girl named Sun Kyu. She’s always bothering the two main characters. It annoys me so much. She just doesn’t know when to stop bothering them. And interfere with the two main characters. I dislike her so much.” Tiffany exclaimed staring directly at Sunny.

“Ya, Tiffany! What are you trying to say?” Taeyeon raised her voice, sounding almost like yelling.

“Nothing. I’m just telling her how I hate that girl.” Tiffany responded then rolled her eyes.

“Apologize to her!”

“You! You promised not to yell at me!” Tiffany exclaimed. “And it’s all because of her?!” She added pointing her finger at Sunny.

“Ya, Taeyeon. I don’t think Tiffany is trying to be mean.” Sunny said trying to sooth Taeyeon down. “Right, Tiffany?”

“I don’t need your fake acting!” Tiffany yelled then ran off.

“Ya!” Taeyeon screamed but Tiffany continued to run away. “That girl needs to learn some manners.”

Tiffany had ran off to a tennis court and started to vent her anger on the tennis balls. After a while later, the coach came and gets the players started on their practice. Taeyeon and Tiffany were to play against Sunny and Sooyoung, and Yuri and Jessica were to play with Sunye and Sunmi. The whole time they were playing, Tiffany did not say anything to anyone. The only time she would say anything is when she was keeping score or if she was calling for the ball.

“Wait!” Sooyoung shouted after they had just finished a game. “Can I use the restroom? I’ll be back in a bit.” She said then rushed off to find a restroom.

While Sooyoung went to the bathroom, Taeyeon went to talk to Sunny at the net while Tiffany stayed back at the baseline. Still mad, Tiffany avoided every possible contact from both Sunny and Taeyeon. While just standing there by herself, she turns to watch the game that was happening behind her. It was Yuri and Jessica versus Sunye and Sunmi. Distracted by something, Sunmi was off when serving causing the ball to go beyond the short fence separating Tiffany from them. Tiffany noticed that the ball was heading for Taeyeon and quickly ran towards it.

“Taeyeon!” Tiffany shouted then turned her back towards the ball, thinking that it would hurt her less. Finally the ball that was going 75 miles per hour hit her back.

“Sorry!” Sunmi shouted from the other court, though no one could really hear her from such distance.

“What?” Taeyeon asked in annoyance not realizing that Tiffany had just saved her.

“Nothing.” Tiffany replied forcing out a smile to hide the pain.

“Sooyoung is back, let’s continue.” Taeyeon said then walk back into position.

Not wanting to let anyone knows her pain, Tiffany swallowed it down and went back to the baseline. It is now her turn to serve. Taeyeon was in front of her at the net, and on the other side, Sunny was at the net while Sooyoung was back at the baseline ready to receive Tiffany’s serve. Showing signs of pain, Tiffany threw the ball in the air and pulled her racket back ready to swing at the ball. However, before she could hit the ball a strong feeling of pain attacking her back causing her to miss the ball completely.

“Ah!” A loud voice screamed.

“Sunny!” Taeyeon’s shouted then rushed to Sunny. “Are you okay?”