ღChapter 04ღ

3 Dates ღ

 

Sunggyu put his hand on the door knob hesitatingly. His palm was starting to sweat profusely and his hand was trembling softly. He put his other hand over the trembling one and slowly turned the door knob opening the door.

There on the hospital bed was his mother lying helplessly. Her face was sickly pale and the white colour of bed sheet only make it worse, her small body was covered by the blanket making it look like she was drowned by the bed.

Sunggyu always hated coming to hospital; the white colour of the wall make the hospital looks clean, disgustingly clean, the smell of medicine and death. He feels like gaging every time he comes to the hospital and each time is no better, especially since that time.

Sunggyu already starts to feel dizzy so he takes a deep breath to steady himself. He makes way toward the bed slowly and reached towards his sister who was sitting on chair beside the bed. Her position looked awkward because her upper body was leaning on the bed, making her looked uncomfortable.

Should I wake her? She looks tired though.

But before Sunggyu’s hand reached her, she started to stir and wake up. Then she looks at her mother before stand up. As she turned around she was startled when she found Sunggyu behind her with his hand frozen in mid-air.

“Sunggyu-ah, you shocked me you pabo-yah!” she softly hissed while holding her chest. “What are you doing? Why don’t you wake me?”

“Mianheyo Sunhee noona. I was just about to wake you,” Sunggyu softly said as he sit on the chair that his sister occupied just now.

“What happened this time? Doojoon-hyung called me and said omma is in the hospital again,” Sunggyu said while his mother’s soft hair.

“I tried to contact your handphone, but it won’t connect. So I called oppa instead to ask for help. I guess I was too panic that I could not think to call your workplace instead, even though it’s not the first time,” she bitterly smiles and softly said the last part.

“Did she she tried to do it again?” Sunggyu coldly said without looking at his sister.

“Anii! You know she hasn’t attempted it again in these two years!”  His sister clearly offended by his statement. How could he say that?! “She was okay all these time, really okay. Until ap-appa called this morning,” Sunhee nervously said.

“What did he want?” Sunggyu narrowed his eyes at his sister, finally looking at her.

“H-he said he want to d-divorced omma,” Sunhee said looking at her feet. She knows how scary can her little brother be when their father matter is being rise.

Sunggyu then without a word stand up from the chair and walked to his sister. After stood face to face with his head hung low, Sunggyu grab rather tightly his sister forearm and ask with a small cold voice, “Omma…. What did omma say? Did she agree?”

“Sunggyu-ah,” a small weak voice was suddenly heard. “Don’t bully your noona.”

As is suddenly being wake up from a trance Sunggyu pull his hand from his sister. He then suddenly realized his sister appearance after stood this closely. Her face was visibly pale and there was bag under her eyes, even the makeup cannot do their magic to help. Her lip was chapped slightly and her hair was frizzled. She looks older than her true age is, it was obvious that she doesn’t has the time to took care of herself as he knows she was too busy taking care of their mother instead. He was thankful that Doojoon is there to take care of her.

Sunggyu suddenly felt very guilty treating her like that just now. What am I thinking letting my temper getting the better of me? He scolded himself inwardly. “Mian noona,” he softly said.

“It’s okay Gyu-ah,” Sunhee smiled as her eyes turned into a pretty curve. She then ruffled Sunggyu’s hair and went toward their mother who has already waked up.

Sunggyu touched his hair and smiled to himself.

 

∞∞∞∞

 

“Okay hyung, you better tell me clearly!” Myungsoo yelled to fight over the blazing sound of the music.

“You said you want to listen to my problem and help me!!” Woohyun also yelled.

“Why do you say that?! Of course I’m going to help you!” Myungsoo yelled then look at Woohyun with an innocent expression.

“You’re kidding right?? If you want to listen to my problem, then WHY THE HELL DID WE CAME TO THIS CLUB YOU ING ??!! Woohyun explodes. Stupid Myungsoo, he just wants to have fun. Helping me my !

“Don’t get mad hyung,” Myungsoo gulped. “It just that it have been a long time since I get laid and since you said you want to meet, I guess this is the perfect place,” Myungsoo gave a nervous smile.

Woohyun then let out a heavy sigh. Ah, what the heck! We’re already here, might just go along.

“Okay, I don’t care. I can’t keep this inside me anymore!” Woohyun said after taking a gulp of his drink. “So you know how I planned to marry with Seungyeon right? Well, I already meet with a wedding planner before I proposed to her. He was the owner of that Paradise Boutique. But then she rejected me, making me go back to the boutique to cancel my request on his service,-“

“-wait hyung! Did you say Paradise Boutique?!” Myungsoo cut in with a shocked expression. He actually didn’t pay attention to what Woohyun just said, he was too busy roaming his eagle eyes to find any hot laid tonight. But his ear perked up the mentioned of Paradise Boutique. Isn’t that where Yeol work?

“Hyung, actually that’s where my ex is working. You know, Sungyeol.”

“Ah, so that’s why that cute worker’s name is same with your ex. I thought it was too strange for them to have the same name. His name is just too weird,” Woohyun laughed.

“Hyung, by any chance, is my Yeol the one you turned gay for?!” Myungsoo suddenly narrowed his eyes at Woohyun.

Woohyun choked on his drink at Myungsoo accusation, “Of course not!! He is just too hyper active, I don’t think I have enough energy to handle him.” Then suddenly realized, Woohyun arch one of his eyebrow, “and since when is he yours? I thought you left him?” Woohyun smirked at Myungsoo .

It was Myungsoo turned to choked on his drink. His face turned beet red. He was thankful for the club’s dim light making it unnoticeable or Woohyun will taunt it to him for the rest of his life. He could already hear it. Auuww, the ice prince is blushing! Isn’t that cute?! Wait, I thought you don’t have any blood in you?!! HAHAHA . Pure nightmare.

“What are you ting hyung? When did I say his mine? You must have heard it wrong. It must be your grease is too much until it covered your ear hole.” Myungsoo smirked back until it suddenly clicked in his mind making his smirk getting wider.

“Wait hyung. Could it be, you are in love with Sunggyu hyung?” Myungsoo asked with an evil grin.

 

∞∞∞∞

 

“Omma, are you feeling okay?” Sunggyu softly asked while his mother’s hand. His sister already head back home since she has an early meeting tomorrow morning.

“Um, I’m okay. Don’t worry too much,” she kindly smiled to her lovely son and hold his soft cheek. She loves her children too much it pained her to see their worried expression.

“Don’t lie to me. If it hurt, just cry and say it hurt. I’m always here for you omma, so don’t keep the pain to yourself. The doctor said you were too stressed out, is it because of him?” Sunggyu tauntingly asked.

“Sunggyu-ah-“ his mother can’t keep her barricade anymore and start sobbing like a little child. “Omma can’t take this anymore. Perhaps it’s better if omma is gone from this world-“

“-OMMA!” Sunggyu shouted. But then he remembered his mother’s condition he calmed himself.

“How could you say that? Don’t you love us? I thought you will not think about that anymore. Have you forgotten your promise to us?” Sunggyu start to speak softly.

“No, I never forget it. It just that, I only feel pain every time I think about him, yet I can never come to hate him. In my heart there is only love for him. I only yearned for him to love me back. Is that so hard Sunggyu-ah? Is that too much for me to ask?” His mother keeps sobbing.

“Omma,-“ Sunggyu wiped his mother’s tear with his thumb. He knows he needs to be strong for his mother, for his sister, for his FAMILY.

“Then, why don’t you just do what he asked? Just divorced with him, that man only brings you pain. He keeps sleeping around with different women! It’s obvious that he doesn’t love you anymore!”  No! Sunggyu stop talking! “He is not the same man that you once love! Why don’t you realized already?!!” What are you saying Sunggyu?!  “You looks pathetic you know!” NO!

SMACK!!

His mother then holds her hand that slapped him close to her chest and had a shocked expression on. “S-sunggyu-ah, om-omma d-don’t mean to do that,” she stuttered, obviously shocked to her own action just now.

Sunggyu hungs his head low and spoke with a small emotionless voice, “It’s okay, it’s my fault anyway, it’s always been my fault.”

Then he raised his head and smile, “I shouldn’t have said that. Must be stressed from my work. I gotta head back now, I also have to get to work early tomorrow. These days there’s too many people want to use my service, maybe it’s the wedding season.” Sunggyu laugh but his mother knows is not genuine.

Sunggyu turned back without another word, but just before he could turn the door knob his mother spoke.

“Forgive omma for doing that. But he is omma’s first love, and the feeling that has harboured for him these last 32 years never changed or wavered. So Sunggyu-ah, don’t be like omma.  Never be a slave to your feeling, never be a slave to LOVE. Omma don’t want you to experience the same pain, omma love you too much,” she finished.

Sunggyu then opened the door and closed it back without turning back to look at his mother. After closing the door, Sunggyu leaned on in and slid down. He holds his red cheek that was slapped earlier and let his tear falls drop by drop. He bite his arm to muffled his cry, he doesn’t know how long can he stand all these. Suddenly he feels suffocated like the world has fallen down on him; he feels like he can’t breathe, like his air passageway is being blocked.

Sunggyu then take a deep breath and close his eyes. I need to get away.

He then rubs his eyes profusely and stands up from his position. As Sunggyu walked out of the hospital, he could hear his mother painful and heart-breaking cries ringing in his head.

 

∞∞∞∞

 

“W-what?!” Woohyun stuttered out. His face was a deep shade of red and it didn’t go unnoticed by the ice prince.

Bingo! Myungsoo inwardly smirked.

“What are you saying? Why do you say it’s him? I just mentioned the boutique and you didn’t even listen to my whole story. I could be in love with the customer that came to the boutique,” Woohyun tried to deny. Suddenly he felt it was a bad idea to share his problem with Myungsoo.

“Hyung, your reaction is too obvious!” Myungsoo finally laughed. This hyung is too cute!

“Reaally?” Woohyun pouted.

But then Myungsoo façade turned serious, “Hyung, I’m telling this as a friend. You seriously shouldn’t go near him. I don’t trust him.”

“Why?” Woohyun confusedly asked.

“You know how I used to date Sungyeol right. Well, he always tells me about his ‘Gyugyu hyung’-,” Myungsoo started telling as he made air quote, “-and not all the stories are the goods one. Our Sunggyu hyung here is apparently really famous with men and ladies. He even has a nickname.”

Woohyun the leaned forward to hear more clearly.

“Mr.3 Dates.” Myungsoo smirked.

Woohyun suddenly laughed out loud, “What do you mean Mr.3 Dates?!! That is like the most stupid nickname I’ve ever heard,” Woohyun laughed finally died while wiping his non-existent tears.

Myungsoo shrugged as he drinks his beverage. “To tell you the truth, Sunggyu hyung actually has a habit in dating. That is he will only date with a person three times. Then they are over, well, FOREVER.”

Woohyun then nodded as he put his finger to his chin, his face has a deep frown like he is thinking the world crisis, “That would explain the nickname.”

Myungsoo then laughed lightly at Woohyun dumb action. But then Myungsoo turned serious once again, “But I’m serious here hyung. You shouldn’t get close with him, HELL, you should just forget your feeling toward him. He is a player I tell you, a BIG player!”

Woohyun snorted at Myungsoo remarked, “Like you one to talk, dickhead.”

“Hey!” Myungsoo offended at Woohyun remarked.

“I don’t know Myungsoo, when I’m with him, I got the feeling that I’ve never felt before. Not even with Seungyeon. And then at his office today, he was clearly trying to seduce me! I don’t know what he is thinking doing that to me when he clearly knew that I am straight.”

“You mean was?” Myungsoo was trying to hold his laugh but then his eyes caught the sight of a familiar figure. “Hyung, looks like your chance has come.”

“What do you mean?”

“The mighty man that managed to turn my hyung gay is here. So why don’t you asked him what’s in your mind directly.” Myungsoo pointed toward Sunggyu direction with his head.

Woohyun then turned stiff as he turned his head slowly. There he saw Sunggyu looking perfect and y as ever at the bar stool, alone.

Wait, what am I thinking? y? I really am turning gay for this ing hot as hell hamster.

 

 

A/N – annyeong annyeong annyeong !! keke ^^  So how do you like the story so far? Please tell me all about it ne ! *wink wink*

Oh, and do you realize? I got poster and background for my story. Pretty isn’t it? Credit to Flairies & All Nice. They made really amazing graphic ! Real daebak !!

Thanks for all the comments and a big thanks to those who congratulate me ! *big hug*

And congratulation to those who correctly answer my question. The answer is the scene is from SHUT UP FLOWER BOY BAND PARODY, where Sunggyu said that L’s voice from Love u Like U is cheap, though he didn’t say directly and said ‘that guy’ instead. Lol . our mischievous leader. And I just replaced Gyu to Namu xD

Sorry for babbling too much . >,<

Once again, thanks to all subbies and readers. Please point out for any mistake ne. Your comment really meant a lot to me.