Performance

Dear Diary, I am Fat.

Looking up, Cho Hee spotted Hoya, laughing away with the others, enter the studio. Unlike the other times when she would stare at him for a few seconds longer, she looked away. Cho Hee kept her head down and shut her eyes for a brief moment as she felt her emotions swirl. Then, those scenes from that night were flooding her mind and she was trying her hardest to stop them until Jiyeon’s voice interrupted her train of thoughts.

“Alright, everyone. The senior year performance is here and ‘Sparklex’, as usual, is the highlight performer group!”

Everyone cheered accordingly so Cho Hee clapped along with the rest. Every year, Sparklex’s performance would be the highlight performance and the student body always anticipated their performances. Jiyeon began to read out the dancers selected for the upcoming performance. Basically, all the seniors’ names ought to be read. It was their final year performance, the last chance for all seniors to be on stage.

“And of course me too.”

Jiyeon said with a smile which made everyone laugh except for Cho Hee.

“She left me out, just like the other times.” She thought.

The seniors exchanged knowing glances and smirked. Inhaling deeply, Cho Hee raised her hand.

“Yes?” Jiyeon asked.

“You left me out from the performance list. I am a senior too.” She said daringly as she stared at Jiyeon.

This was the first time Cho Hee spoke up for herself.

“You…” Jiyeon paused.

“I had never once performed on stage and isn’t the final performance a compulsory stage for all seniors?” Cho Hee pressed on.

Jiyeon was taken aback slightly and lost for a moment. There was an awkward silence which filled the studio after Cho Hee’s unexpected confrontation with Jiyeon. All these years in the dance group, she had never been on stage despite practicing really hard. Each time when they announced the performers list, Cho Hee would wish that Jiyeon would include her. However, up till now she had never once been called out. This was her final opportunity to be on stage and she wanted to fight and stand up for herself, this last time.

“Fine.” Jiyeon finally gave in.

She was slightly guilty when she heard Cho Hee say she had never once performed on stage so she agreed.

“Thank you.” Cho Hee thought she had to say this at least.

“She agreed. She really did. This is going to be your first stage, Park Cho Hee.” She thought with a slight smile.

Jiyeon looked away and coughed for a few times, pretending nothing happened.

“All juniors are dismissed for the day, including the one I called out to perform. The remaining seniors can find your partner for the performance. One male and one female pair together because the senior final performance would be a couple dance performance. Now get your butts moving!” Jiyeon instructed loudly.

“Ne.” Everyone replied together.

“Oppa, let’s pair up together.” Many of the girls flocked to Hoya and asked.

“Thanks but no thanks.” Hoya declined as he saw their desperate looks which put him off.

“Excuse me, do you have a pa-” Cho Hee approached one of the guys.

“I am with someone already.” He cut off and left quickly.

Cho Hee sighed as she got rejected by yet another of her dance mate. She stopped asking and stood aside, ready to pair with whoever that was left behind.

“Let’s pair up.” Myung Soo asked with a charming smile.

“Since you asked, I guess I should just agree…?” Jiyeon replied with a shrug.

“We are partners now so you can’t look at the other guys.” He teased causing her to laugh.

Jiyeon walked away, shaking her head at Myung Soo’s joke.

“Alright. So everyone has a pair now?” Jiyeon asked the rest.

Then, two hand shot up into the air.

“I…I don’t have a pair.” Cho Hee said in embarrassment.

“Me too.” A familiar voice sounded.

Cho Hee looked in the direction and saw Hoya with his hand raised.

“No. You must be kidding me, right? This cannot be happeni-”

“Then the two of you will make a pair, alright?” Jiyeon arranged for the two.

Hoya nodded and leaned back on the wall while Cho Hee froze in position. She wanted so much to decline but she knew better if she did, Jiyeon might just pull her out from the performance group and substitute her with the best junior whom she liked. Cho Hee could not lose the only chance she finally earned for herself, even if she had to be paired with Hoya, the one who left footprints all over her heart.

“I am fine.” Cho Hee finally said.

 

Dear Diary

I am going to perform for the final senior year performance after all these years… The whole time I have been enduring and persevering just for this one day to shine on stage. As a member of ‘Sparklex’, I am finally going to step on that stage which she always deprived me from despite my hard work just because I am…*sigh*.

Let’s drop the subject anyway since today is a day to rejoice because Park Cho Hee has finally been given the chance. This long-awaited chance to perform on that shining platform along with the rest has finally come.
Shall I tell you something?


I kind of fought for this chance myself because like the previous times, she deliberately left me out of the senior list. Frankly speaking, I felt really good about myself when I stood up against Jiyeon for the first time. She seemed to be really shocked and so am I. I wonder where I got that courage back then. Perhaps I really want to stand on stage, even if it was just this once.

Back to the dance performance, it was said to be a couple dance and I am paired with… Hoya oppa. I would probably be jumping about happily if this happened before that night. But now I don’t know how to react anymore.

I admit a part of me is actually happy although I know I am not supposed to. I feel stupid and difficult at the very moment. It’s like a mini tug of war is occurring within me each time I see Hoya oppa.

At this rate, I really don’t know how I am going to forget him…

Diary, will you tell me what to do?

I am confused.

With love

Cho Hee

 

Author's Note:

Hello everyone! :D
I am sorry for not updating because I was busy with my one-shots and ending 'Crossed Paths'. (:
Oh my gosh. My subscribers reached 75 and I am so surprised!!!
Thank you so much for all your support <3!
Please comment, alright? ^^
And sadly, school is starting so I won't be able to update very fast DX. Sigh.
Hope you guys liked this chapter, anyway.
Wish me good luck for my test results :X. I am nervous. ><