Alone

Dear Diary, I am Fat.

“I can’t do this! I don’t know how to do this either! I don’t understand this concept too!” Cho Hee screamed out of frustration as she messed up the papers before her.

Cho Hee was annoyed at how slow she was at absorbing the concept because she was not as smart as the rest. Cho Hee was never the smart kind of student. She takes a long time to understand the simplest concept, question almost everything and takes a long time to remember and apply the concept learnt. She hated how she was slower than the rest and thus she told herself that she must put in the greatest effort to make up her differences.  

“It’s alright. Park Cho Hee, calm down! You can do this. Yes, you can.” She reassured herself as she inhaled deeply.

Sorting out the papers once again, she tackled them one by one. All this time, Cho Hee was on her own because she had no one to go to. Practically, in school, she has no friends. She was all by herself. If she has problems with her work, she sorts them out herself. If she has emotions issues, she writes them in her diary. If she goes out, she walks alone on the street. After hours of studying, Cho Hee threw her pen down on the table and heaved a sigh of relief.

“Finally.” She exclaimed with a relieved smile.

 Climbing onto her soft bed, she spreaded her arms and legs wide apart and closed her eyes.

“I knew I could do it by myself.” She mumbled and smiled.

“By myself...” She repeated her words in her mind.

Suddenly, she felt her nose turn sour. All this while, she had forgotten how it was like to have friends. She had forgotten how she didn’t have to fight on her own. She had forgotten how people would treat her like a normal being. Getting out of bed, Cho Hee pulled out her diary and began writing again.

Dear Diary

I am finally done with work. I feel so relieved and depressed at the same time. I hate how frustrated I feel when I can’t do the questions. It makes me feel stupid. But I still finished it all by myself. Aren’t I good?
Diary, I had forgotten. I had forgotten how it was like to have friends to consult when I have problems with school work. I can’t remember how it was to laugh with others and to be treated normally.
In junior high when looks and all weren’t that important, everyone would still mix around and treat each other normally. Why must people start to judge when we are in high school? Why must I be thrown into the outcast category just because I am fat and not as pretty? I really don’t understand.
Can you tell me why?
Honestly, I am really dreading to go school tomorrow to face their faces and put up with all the crap again. It’s sickening to hear the remarks over and over again. I may be used to it but it still hurts to hear those words. Hopefully, I get to see Hoya oppa tomorrow and maybe my day won’t turn out to be too bad after all.

With love

Cho Hee

 

After packing her bag, Cho Hee collapsed onto her bed, tired. She was mentally exhausted from all the work done and soon, she fell asleep.

“Cho Hee, wake up for school already!” Her mum said as she shook her.

“Just let me sleep a while more. I am really sleepy.” Cho Hee mumbled as she turned to face the wall.

“Park Cho Hee, you are going to be late already.” Cho Hee’s mother informed before leaving the room.

“Late?!” Cho Hee yelled and sat up.

Glancing to her alarm clock, she gasped. Stumbling out of bed, Cho Hee hurriedly changed into her uniform and ran out her room. She then grabbed her bag and rushed out of her house. Running to the bus stop, Cho Hee was already sweating profusely. Beads of perspiration were formed on her forehead, neck and limbs. After some time, the bus came and she boarded it. The passengers on the bus shot Cho Hee disgusted glances as her sweat stench diffused through the cool air.

The bus jerked forth and back as the driver halted to several stops abruptly. Cho Hee stumbled forward again and bumped into the same person once more. She quickly tightened her grip on the handle, bowed down and mouthed an apology. The person rolled his eyes and sighed in an annoyed manner. Someone got up from the seat and Cho Hee quickly took the place.

“It’s her.” Hoya thought as he looked to the girl who occupied the space beside his seat.

Turning to the side, Cho Hee met eyes with Hoya who was looking at her. Her eyes widened as she moved away slightly in shock.

“Ho-Hoya oppa?” Cho Hee muttered in disbelief.

Hoya gave a weak smile before closing his eyes to take a short nap.

“Just my luck. Gosh, hearing ‘Hoya oppa’ from her thick lips totally sent shivers down my spine.” Hoya thought to himself.

Cho Hee studied Hoya’s perfect features while he had his eyes closed. Her heart was pounding even harder than before and she was certain it was not solely because of the run just now.

“He is so…perfect.” Cho Hee thought as she blushed a little.

“We reached our stop.” She whispered and tapped onto Hoya’s shoulder lightly.

Hoya opened his eyes and got up from the seat. Getting off the bus, Cho Hee was about to give school a run when she realized Hoya leisurely walking.

“We are late! Aren’t you running to school?” Cho Hee asked in a surprised manner.

“No.” Hoya said simply as he fixed his hair.

Cho Hee nodded and slowed down to walk beside him.

“Why is she walking beside me?” Hoya questioned in his mind as he looked to Cho Hee.

She faced Hoya, smiled a little and looked down slightly. She didn’t care whether she was late anymore because she got to walk to school with Hoya and that was all that matter. Reaching the school gate, the president of the school eyed the two. She opened the gates and glared at Cho Hee.

“Hoya oppa, I had been waiting for you all this time… You may go on to class already. Don’t worry, I won’t note down your name. You can just tell the teacher you were early but were in the toilet or something.” The female president beamed with a sweet smile.

Hoya nodded with a nice smile before walking off in the direction of his class. Cho Hee trailed behind him, relieved that she was spared too.

“Yah! You are late.” The president shouted sternly to Cho Hee.

Turning around, she pointed to herself and gulped down her saliva. The president nodded her head expressionlessly. Dragging herself over in a reluctant manner, she gave her details to the president. Then, Jiyeon appeared from behind the gates. Hurriedly, the president opened the door and flashed a welcoming smile. Like Hoya, Jiyeon’s late attendance was not recorded too. Glancing to Cho Hee who was getting her particulars written down, Jiyeon smirked.

“It’s fine for Jiyeon to be late just because she’s the queenka?!” Cho Hee thought angrily.

“Seems like someone is late.” Jiyeon mouthed to Cho Hee before leaving smugly.

 

Author's Note:
I was having a horrible mood and was sick of doing my work.
Therefore, I side-tracked and ended up updating this fic again ):
*Sigh*
Please comment and make me feel better.
I love subscribers and would appreciate if you become one!
Thank you so much for reading<3
Off to study again >.< Bye guys.