Knowing

Dear Diary, I am Fat.

 

Cho Hee glanced down at the packet rice as the scenes from before flashed in her head. She was going to choke, spit everything out and get embarrassed. She shook her head and placed the plastic spoon down.

“You may start eating already.” Jiyeon gave the cue and everyone started digging in.

Cho Hee’s stomach growled at the sight of everyone else devouring the tasty food.

“If I eat carefully, everything should be fine.” She thought.

Picking up the spoon, she began to eat slowly.

“Cho Hee-ah!” The person beside her called out loudly as if she was on the other end on Earth.

She jumped a little in shock and the mouthful of rice slid from her gullet to her airway.

“Can you pass me the bottle of wa- Hey! Are you okay?!” The person shouted.

Dropping her spoon, she began to make difficult and painful noises. Her face was turning red as she felt suffocated. Hitting her own chest non-stop, she tried to swallow the food down by herself back to no avail.

It happened.

“Pass her some water!” Someone shouted.

Cho Hee pushed the water away and persisted in her own ways. Someone uncapped the bottle and forced the water down . Then, someone else slapped her back and she finally thrown up all the food. Before her was a mess of food remains mixed with her saliva and unclear water. She shut her eyes at the sight with fists clenched.

“What were you doing just now pushing the water away? You could have died, you know.” One of the members scolded out of concern.

She opened her eyes and saw the members looking at her. It was not disgust in their eyes but concern. Hoya unrolled some of the toilet paper and covered the mess. Cho Hee looked up at him and he smiled.

“Go get yourself cleaned. We’ll take care of the mess here.”  Jiyeon instructed.

Cho Hee nodded in response before running away from the cafeteria. She stopped running after a while. Standing alone in the dark corridor, she couldn’t believe it.

“Where am I? What’s happening? I really don’t know anymore. Why is everything same but yet different?” She mumbled to herself in frustration.

Changing out of her dirtied clothes, Cho Hee was about to walk back to the cafeteria. Then, she recalled the people should be at the music hall already. Not bothering to make a wasted trip, she walked to the hall. Cho Hee stopped before the door because she knew. Another embarrassing moment was awaiting her inside. Just when she was about to take her leave, the door burst open.

“Eh, Cho Hee? Come on in! What are you doing outside?” The member said as she dragged her in.

Things that had happened have to happen.

Cho Hee hated the feeling of being dragged around and having things not in her control even when she knew what was happening next. It was as if she was in the middle of the vast sea and had to follow where the waves wanted to bring her. She has no choice, since the start. She hated that feeling.

The music was so loud that she could not even hear herself speaking. Lightings of multitude colours shot in different directions, lighting up the dark, boring surroundings. Everyone was having fun as they danced their hearts and souls out. They loved dancing. It was written all over their faces at that moment.  

Cho Hee spotted a distinct crowd in the hall and she knew who it was. She was proven right, once again, when a person stepped aside and exposed him to her. She wanted to move out of the hall already because her expected fall was coming her way. However, her legs refused to budge and her eyes were glued to him. Like moth attracted to fire, it was meant that way.

Another thing she hated.

“Move out of the way.”

“Ahhhh~” Cho Hee screamed as she fell to the ground.

Everyone dispersed and no one managed to break her fall. With a loud thud, she crashed to the ground like an uprooted tree in a storm. She sat on the ground with an empty mind. Hoya stopped dancing and stood up. Without registering what happened next, Cho Hee picked herself up from the ground and left the hall.

She sat down at a desolated corner before crying out loud. She was downright scared. Cho Hee was scared as to how she could not escape her predicted happenings that had happened before. She was scared how everyone else weren’t acting like themselves. She was scared how this prettier world might fall apart when the time comes. Somehow, she had a feeling that would happen.

“Are you crying?” he asked.

She had expected him to appear.

“Leave me alone. Please.” She pleaded.

“Girls are ugly when they cry so you shouldn’t cry no matter what.” Hoya said as he sat down and her back.  

Cho Hee flinched from his touch and lifted her tear-stained face.

“Do you believe me if I tell you I am somewhat from another world?” she asked.

Hoya’s expression turned stiff as he looked at her in disbelief.

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“I don’t know. It’s just you are not you.” She tried to explain but failed.

She couldn’t even comprehend what was happening to herself. How could she put it in words for someone else to understand?

After 30 seconds or so, Hoya laughed out loud. He clutched onto his stomach before laughing real hard.

“Hahaha….Your joke is… is…really refreshing and your acting is re-really daebak! Hahahah..” He said to her.

Cho Hee forced a smile at his reaction.

“Yes, it’s a joke.” She said bitterly.

The two sat under the moonlight with the stars looking over them from above. Cho Hee was waiting for the highlight of the night.

“Do you like me?” he finally asked.

She looked at him without any expression on. Her heart was screaming “Yes” but she refused to speak.

“Or rather, do you hate me?” he rephrased, scratching the back of his head.

“Why the question?” she asked in confusion.

“Because I realized sometimes, you will avoid me and treat me strangely.” He explained.

“You’re thinking too much. No, I don’t hate you.” She clarified.

“That’s good to hear.” He responded with a heart-fluttering smile.

“I just don’t know how to face you, yet.” She thought to herself as she looked away.

-

Lying in her sleeping bag, Cho Hee closed her eyes. The night has come and night camp was going to be over. She felt tired. Slowly, she felt herself drifting away to find herself in a familiar environment.

 

“Ary?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“I am in another world.”

 

“I know.”

 

“Time went back.”

 

“I know.”

 

“The people here are not the same.”

 

“I know.”

 

“What don’t you know?”

 

“Your feelings, Cho Hee. Are you happy?”

 

“I am.”

 

“I am glad.”

 

“Wait a minute!”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Ary! How do you know them to know that they have changed?!”

 

“I just know.” was the last thing she heard before falling into a deep sleep.

 

Author's Note: 
I have decided to write an update because of all the lovely comments from last chapter <3 . 
A slightly longer chapter for everyone! (: 
Hope you have enjoyed reading and will comment ! ^^
Thank you for reading 'Dear Diary, I am Fat'.