Black Spot

Dear Diary, I am Fat.

Hugging her bulky bag pack closely to her body, Cho Hee quickly ran in the direction of the dance studio. She was running late for the practice as she was consulting the teacher regarding some queries she had for the lesson.

“Excuse me. Excuse me. I…I am sorry.” Cho Hee said as she navigated herself through the crowd.

“Hey. Watch it!” A girl spat and glared at her.

“Mianhae.” Cho Hee apologized as she bowed down a little before rushing off.

 Sweating profusely, Cho Hee finally reached the outside of the dance studio. Opening the back door with care, she tried her best not to make much noise. Slowly, she crept into the studio. Everyone was already present and the dance leader, Jiyeon was briefing the members. Jiyeon spotted Cho Hee sneaking into the studio and smirked.

“It’s the mere basics to report on time for dance practices, isn’t it?” Jiyeon said loudly as she folded her arms and looked to Cho Hee.

Everyone turned behind and stared at Cho Hee who was still panting from the long run. Embarrassed, she bowed down and apologized again.

“I am sorr-“ Before she could explain herself, Jiyeon cut in.

“We are not interested in your excuses. Just find a big space to sit down and stop wasting out precious time.” Jiyeon said harshly and faked a nice smile.

The members stifled their laughter and turned back to face Jiyeon. Biting her lower lip, Cho Hee quickly settled herself at the corner of the studio. The people sitting near Cho Hee shifted their positions slightly, leaving a considerable space between her and them.

“She stinks.” One of the girls whispered to her partner.

“Yea. Stench of sweat.” The other replied and the two giggled.

Biting harder on her lips, Cho Hee clenched her fists and took in a deep breath. She then wiped off the beads of perspiration rolling down her forehead with the back of her hand and looked down.

“So today we will learn new steps to the previous dance we were practicing last week. Now, get into your positions.” Jiyeon instructed.

“Ne.” The seniors and juniors chorused before getting up swiftly.

Placing her bag at the side with the others, Cho Hee hurriedly joined the group at the back. Jiyeon demonstrated the moves and the others followed her. Looking at the mirror reflection, Cho Hee felt inferior.

“Everyone is so beautiful, so handsome… except me.” She thought to herself.

‘Sparklex’ is made up of the hottest guys and prettiest girls in school. It is known as one of the best dancing groups amongst high schools and mainly consisted of kingkas and queenkas of Woollim High. Cho Hee was regarded as the black spot of the group by the members for her looks and body.

“Yah! Park Cho Hee! What the heck are you doing at the back?! Everyone is almost perfect with the step and there you are stoning like an idiot!” Jiyeon shouted and pointed at her.

“.” Cho Hee jerked out of her thoughts and quickly bowed down apologetically.

“I am sor-” She was about to apologize.

“Save the apology. I am sick of hearing your ‘sorry’ all the time.” Jiyeon snapped.

Everyone was grinning as Cho Hee got reprimanded.

“She is not that important in the group, anyway. Let’s just ignore her and continue.” Myung Soo stated coldly.

“Alright.” Jiyeon smiled and turned back, satisfied with Myung Soo’s words.

Cho Hee brushed away the silent tear which fell after plastering a smile.

“It’s alright, Cho Hee. They don’t mean what they say. It’s just that the message conveyed turned out to sound a little harsh.” She reassured herself, holding the tears back.

At the end of the training, Cho Hee was drenched in her sweat and was stinking more than before. Most of the members had left in their groups, chatting and laughing away. Jiyeon and Myung Soo were flirting at the front of the studio like nobody’s business. Picking up her bag pack, Cho Hee headed to the door quietly. Then, she bumped into someone. Looking up, she recognized it was Hoya.

“You can exit first.” Hoya said as he stepped aside, allowing Cho Hee to go out first.

Smiling, Cho Hee nodded and stepped out. She felt her heart warm at Hoya’s kind words and gesture. Her heart was thumping in her heart as she felt her face heat up slightly.

“He is so nice to me.” Cho Hee thought and a smile crept up her face.

“Thank you.” Cho Hee mumbled softly before running off shyly.

“I just didn’t want to bump into that sweaty body of yours or best, getting stuck at the small door with you.” Hoya thought and laughed to himself upon imagining the scene.

Cho Hee was skipping her way home as she recalled the scene when Hoya was such a gentleman to let her pass first. If the same situation had occurred, the others in school would probably just say sarcastic or hurtful remarks before exiting first.

“I am home.” Cho Hee informed before entering her room.

Placing her bag down, she took out her diary.

 

Dear Diary

Today I was late for practice because I consulted Professor Lee and Jiyeon scolded me in front of everyone. I felt so ashamed when she refused to listen to my explanation…That’s not it. During the session, I zoned out momentarily and was scolded by her again. Jiyeon was really harsh and I heard some of them laughing at me when she implied that I was the ‘black spot’ of the group again. I felt so hurt. Myung Soo even said that I was not that important in the group and they should just ignore and continue. I cried. I think I'm so useless for not standing up for myself. But what stand do I have to do so? I am indeed the black stain of the almighty ‘sparklex’…
But god was still quite nice to me afterall… Something great happened today after the practice!
Hoya oppa stepped aside and let me leave the studio first when we bumped into each other. Unlike others who would probably scold me, shove me aside before leaving, he allowed me to go ahead. Tell you a secret. I think I felt my heart race at that moment. Diary, don’t you think he is a very nice guy?

With love

Cho Hee

 

Author's Note:
Hello! :)
I finally found time to update this new fic of mine! I am really really happy to have 20 subscribers even before chapter one was up <3!
I love you guys and hope to see new subscribers :D !
Definitely, I am looking forward to your comments. ^^ Please comment, alright?
Special thanks to AngelBestfriendETC and InnocentMe201 for commenting~
Finally, thank you so much for reading 'Dear Diary, I am Fat' chapter one!