Eventually

Dear Diary, I am Fat.

 

“Are you happy, Cho Hee?” An unfamiliar voice asked from nowhere.

Cho Hee could not see anything as everything was in pitch darkness. She could not even feel her own existence and all she could do was listen to that voice.

“Wh-Who are you?” Her voice cracked a little.

“Call me Ary.” The person said.

“What are you, Ary?” Cho Hee asked out of both curiosity and fear.

“Your confidant.” She replied.

“I don’t understand.” Cho Hee uttered, even more confused than before.

“You will, eventually.” Ary’s voice echoed and became softer.

“When life gives you a second chance, cherish it.” Was the last thing Cho Hee heard before her voice faded away.

Cho Hee shot her eyes open at the bizarre dream.

“Ary?” She repeated the person’s name before letting out a sigh.

 

“Cho Hee, wake up!”

“Just let me sleep a while more. I am really sleepy.” Cho Hee mumbled as she turned to face the wall.

“Park Cho Hee, you are going to be late already.” Cho Hee’s mother yelled into her ears as she pulled it lightly.

“Late?!” Cho Hee yelled and sat up.

Glancing to her alarm clock, she gasped. She was indeed late. Stumbling out of bed, Cho Hee hurriedly changed into her uniform and ran out her room. She then grabbed her bag and rushed out of her house. This scene felt familiar to Cho Hee, somehow. Running to the bus stop, Cho Hee was already sweating profusely. Beads of perspiration were formed on her forehead, neck and limbs. Taking out pieces of tissue, she attempted to wipe off those droplets of sweat which returned quickly. Then, she spotted the approaching bus. Stuffing those pieces of dirtied tissue inside her bag, she boarded the bus.

The tap machine gave off an automated sound as Cho Hee scanned her card. She shifted carefully through the mass of people before standing near the handle. The bus jerked forth and back as the driver halted to several stops abruptly. Cho Hee stumbled forward again and bumped into the same person once more. She quickly tightened her grip on the handle, bowed down and mouthed an apology. The person rolled his eyes and sighed in an annoyed manner. Someone got up from the seat and Cho Hee quickly took the place.

“Cho Hee?” she heard someone call her.

Turning to the side, Cho Hee realized it was Hoya sitting right beside her. Cho Hee’s mouth parted slightly as she was digesting the situation. Now, she knew why the morning scene felt oddly familiar.

“M-Morning.” She stuttered slightly.

Hoya laughed a little as he turned to face the front.

“Your face has bits of tissue all over it.” He said as he stifled a laugh.

Cho Hee got back to earth after wandering in her thoughts for a bit more. She finally realized what Hoya just said. Sweeping her face frantically, she got those bits of white stuff off her face. Her face flushed a shade of pink as she looked away from Hoya. The feeling was back. Her heart was beating fast again, for him.

Some time later, Cho Hee couldn’t help but turn to peep at Hoya. He was having his eyes closed and she took the chance to study those features close-up for the second time. She wondered why he had thick brows. She wondered why he had a sharp nose. She wondered why he had a define jaw line. She wondered why he was so perfect, unlike her. That was the reason why he despised her since the start- She was never up to his level.

“We have reached.” Hoya informed.

Cho Hee shook her head and realized Hoya was already sitting up from his short nap.

“The bus is leaving if we are still not alighting, you know.” He said awkwardly as he waved his hand before Cho Hee.

“Oh.” She muttered before rushing off the bus.

She did not wait for him once they alighted. Cho Hee tried to walk as fast  as she could. When she heard Hoya walking behind her quickly too, she quickened her pace. She walked faster and faster until he placed a hand on her shoulders. She stopped.

“Why are you walking so fast?” Hoya panted slightly as he asked her.

“I didn’t want to be late.” She lied.

“Let’s run to school together then.” Hoya said before running ahead of her, leaving her behind.

Hoya stopped after a while and stared at the unmoving Cho Hee.

“Yah! Not running?” he yelled.

“Are you the same Hoya oppa I know?” she thought to herself.

“Park Cho Hee!” Hoya shouted again to get her attention.

“Why does she always space out so often?” he thought to himself in a weird manner.

Cho Hee snapped out of her thoughts before making a dash to school with Hoya running beside her. Many things crossed her mind. Reaching the school gate, the president eyed the two of them before smiling.

“Just in time.” She said.

“See you at dance.” Hoya said coolly before waving at Cho Hee.

Hoya started to walk off in his class direction and Cho Hee was about to do so. However, she recalled something. Turning around, she saw Jiyeon running towards school with all her might. On the other hand, the president was closing the door while looking at her record book.

She had predicted correctly.

There was a mini tug-of-war occurring in her head. A voice inside her told her that she should stop the president and do Jiyeon a favour. However, the other deep voice told her to ignore because she had did things far worse than this to her.

“Stop.”

The president turned around, alarmed.

“Jiyeon is coming.” Cho Hee explained.

In the nick of time, Jiyeon slammed her hand on the metal gate. She was catching her breath as her shoulders were rising and falling so quickly. Jiyeon slung her bag properly before fixing her hair slightly. The president laughed a little before stepping aside and opening the gate for her.

“You’re lucky, Jiyeon-shi.” She said.

“Thank you president and… Cho Hee.” Jiyeon said with a genuine smile.

Cho Hee returned a slight smile before walking off to her class with mixed feelings. 

"Does life really have a restart button like this?" she wondered. 

 

Author's Note:
Hello everyone. 
I have been busy with my part time job so I have typed up this chapter quickly before sleep.
This is a short one and I hope you guys enjoyed reading. (:
I hope you guys are picking up the hints and figuring out by yourself even for a bit.
Explanation would be here, eventually. 

Please remember to comment :D
I am tired so I will reply to the previous comments tmr or another day... 
And YAY for this story exceeding 3000 views <3!
Thank you for reading 'Dear Diary, I am Fat'.