Wedding

Love Not at First Sight

Mystery Lover POV:

The dreaded day has come. 

I stood waiting with the other members. 

Luhan was anxiously waiting as the makeup coordi noona did him up.

For publicity reasons, Soo Man wants the event photographed and filmed.

He wants it later broadcasted on TV.

Music outside the dressing room was being played.

This wedding was supposed to be much more elaborate than traditional Korean weddings.

It was almost time. 

She was soon going to be known as Mrs. Lu.

I still have my chance. 

But I know I couldn't. 

I can't just walk up to Mei Hua, and  say:

"Hey! How's it going? I know you are about to get married to Luhan,but I am madly in love with you."

She wouldn't stop the whole wedding for me, would she?

"It's go time Luhan! Your fiance is waiting." Xiumin said.

I begrudgingly watched Luhan as he nodded, bobbing his head.

How ironic was it that he chose me as his best man?

I followed him and the rest of the members out, into the large church. 

The priest stood, happily behind a podium. 

I forced myself to smile as I walked across the stage.

There were many people attending.

Their joyful faces piercing me in the heart. 

They were truly happy.

I was envious, jealous, green-eyed. 

The sound of an organ resonated through the church.

The wedding march began to play.

The large doors slowly creaked open.

A young girl walked out, throwing handful of petals.

Behindher was an angel.

Mei Hua, was beautiful, breathless. 

In her white wedding gown and her veil delicately placed on her head she looked like a doll. 

She looked up, her round eyes fluttering.

She lightly shook, with nervousness.

Her eyes watched the priest and Luhan. 

She briefly flickered her eyes towards me.

I watched her, trying to tell her with my eyes to not go through with the wedding.

They flickered back towards Luhan.

I sighed.

She walked down the aisle with her father up to the altar.

"Ladies and gentlemen, family and friends, we are gathered here today to witness and celebrate the joining of Lu Han and Zhou Mei in marriage. With love and commitment, they have decided to live their lives together as husband and wife. For the exchanging of vows."

"You are my inspiration and my soul's. You are the magic of my days. You help me laugh, you teach me love. You provide a safe place for me, unlike I've ever known. You free me to sing my own song. You are more of an amazement to me, each day I rediscover you. You are my greatest love. I am yours. You are mine. Of this we are certain. You are lodged in my heart.You must stay there forever" Luhan said, gazing at her intently. 

His eyes were full of love.

"In your eyes, I have found my home. In your heart, I have found my love. In your soul, I have found my mate. With you, I am whole, full, alive. You make me laugh. You let me cry. You are my breath, my every heartbeat. I am yours. You are mine. Of this we are certain. You are lodged in my heart. The small key is lost. You must stay there forever."

As Mei Hua spoke, I felt my heart sink lower and lower.

It was about to happen.

"Do you Lu Han, take Zhou Mei Hua to be your wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do you part?"

"I do"

"Do you Zhou Mei Hua, take Lu Han to be your husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do you part?"

My heart stopped. 

She watched Luhan, before speakingin a small sweet voice.

"I do."

 

~In the Banquet Hall~

It was over.

I glumly shoved the food on my plate in circles.

Mei Hua was with Luhan, gleefully walking from table to table, greeting guests and accepting red envelopes and blessings from those who gave them.

They finally came back to theirtable, where I was seated.

"Luhan! You're no longer single!" Suho said, patting his back.

"Hyung, your the first!" Sehun added.

Luhan laughed awkwardly.

"You guys are going to 'get it on' on your honeymoon later on, aren't you?" Chanyeol said laughing.

The new couple sat silently, embarassed.

 

~That Night~

I sat in front of the TV. 

I watched the replaying broadcasting of the wedding.

I chugged the rest of the beer in my hand.

The camera panned in on Mei Hua's joyful face.

She smiled, the corners or her eyes crinkling with joy.

I felt my face wet with tears as the camera zoomed out, showing the newly weds.

A sob escaped my mouth.

I dropped the empty beer bottle.

It clattered as it hit the rest of the empty bottles.