New Job

Love Not at First Sight

Mei Hua POV:

Auntie woke up just when I picked up Memoirs of a Geisha, my book I pretended to read.

"What happened?" Auntie said groggily, whilst rubbing her head.

I looked up from my pretend reading.

"You drank too much Soju, so you passed out, and I placed you on my bed to sleep. While you were sleeping, I was reading my book"

*Raises book in my hands*

"Oh, I thought you took advantage of me and went out."

"Are you kidding me?"

*Stands up and dramatically poses*

"Only a mean person would take advantage of a passed-out, drunk, fragile old lady."

I mentally laughed, evil moi.......

I really wanted to leave the apartment again, without Auntie, but how?

I suddenly had a BRILLIANT idea.

I could get a job !!!!!

I would have access out the apartment, I could earn my own money (my parents sent over money weekly), and learn life skills.

I asked Auntie, "Are you well enough to go out with me?"

She silently nodded.

"Great !" I half dragged Auntie to the door way, and helped her slip on her shoes.

When we were ready, we walked around and I kept my eyes sharp to see some 'HELP WANTED' signs.

We walked for an hour with no luck.

Filled with defeat, I dragged Auntie into a small bakery/cafe called Sweeter Than Life.

I sat Auntie down at one of the tables, who was starting to doze off and walked up to the cashier.

The cashier was a young dark haired lady about my age.

"Hi, welcome to Sweeter Than Life, what would you like?"

"2 slices of cheesecake, and 2 green teas please."

"Sure thing."

She punched in some numbers and entered a door behind her, which I presumed was the kitchen.

She returned with the orders, and helped pile them on my arms.

I gracefully and slowly walked to the table and set the food down.

I hadn't even sat down on the wooden chair, when I heard a commotion coming from the kitchen.

"I hate how every time I have to end my day here, I get accused for crap I didn't do."

"Now, that's not true."

"True my a** you old hag."

"You better watch your tongue young lady."

"I don't need to, cause I QUIT"

My ears perked up at the words 'I quit'.

A blond haired girl stormed out of the kitchen and towards the bakery entrance.

An ajhumma, who I assumed owned the bakery tried chasing after the blond girl.

The ajhumma sighed at the entrance, and I took the opportunity to talk to her.

"Pardon me, I didn't mean to overhear, but are you hiring?" I asked.

The ajhumma eyes sparkled, and she gestured me to follow her to the kitchen.

I followed her and once she got into the kitchen, she swung around and faced me.

"My name is Hee Jin, but call me Ajhumma."

She asked me to fill out an application and then she called over the cashier from earlier.

"My name is Yu Ri, granddaughter of ajhumma. You can call me Yuri unnie. (A/N: Her name is Yu Ri [Yoo-ree], but she wants to be called Yuri [Yer-ee].)

"Ok Yuri unnie." I replied.

"There is also Jo Yi Jin, who likes to be called Jin-Jin unnie;there is also Jae Sun; and the girl with the blond hair is Ah Ri Yung." Yuri added.

"Ah Ri doesn't seem very nice."

"Definitely!"

Yuri smiled a wide smile, which made me wanna smile.

I suddenly remembered my purpose here and asked " So when do I start?"

"Now, I guess. Ah Ri barely started her shift and I'm sure Ajhumma doesn't mind."

"Okay, I'll be back, need to check on my aunt."

I saw Auntie cranking out the imaginary ZZZZZZZ's.

I returned and asked about Jin-Jin and Jae Sun.

"Jin-Jin's shift doesn't start until later, and Jae Sun is out delivering cakes."

Yuri showed me how to operate the cash register and made me memorize all the items on the menu.

She left me to be but nothing much happened.

As I waited in boredom, I counted how many times Auntie snores in a minute.

Suddenly, a crowd swarms outside the bakery.

I look more closely and notice, they are...........girls.

They were surrounding something that seemed to be moving towards the bakery.

Going through my mind: WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF 

What the heck is going on?

I suddenly see group of hooded boys coming through the bakery entrance.

One of them remove his hat, and I see a guy wearing eyeliner

Oh no, Baekhyun... I quickly ducked behind the counter and started calculating.

If Baekhyun is here with 11 other hooded figures, that must mean all of Exo is here.

Crap.

There was a small bell on the counter and one of them started ringing it.

The noise brought out Yuri who saw me hiding.

"Mei Hua, what are you doing?"

 

Author POV:

In all of the boy's minds, the same thought was going through their minds.

*Mei Hua is here?*

Yuri ushers Mei Hua to stand up and Mei Hua does so.

She unwillingly looked up and stared into the faces of 12 handsome boys.

Going through Mei Hua's mind is:

Crap......crap........crap......not good

"Hi welcome t-to Sweeter Th-than L-l-life"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi!!!!!!

I think this is the longest update so far...

So yeah.......

 

 

Bye ^ ^