First Impression

Retrospect

Lu Han's POV

 

"Lu Han, come to the company tomorrow at 7AM and bring your practice clothes."

It is 2:57AM and it has been 3 hours when I got the phone call from the SM representative, telling me than I have officially been accepted in SM Entertainment. It's been 2 years since I was accepted by the entertainment company but I never got any call like this. I usually got calls to be an extra in commercials and advertisements but this is the first time that they had told me to come for practice. That might be the reason I am staring at the wall for the past 3 hours, not moving at all and mumbling incoherent words. Drowsiness did not come to me until 30 minutes later and I had only 2 and a half hours of sleep but my body felt so energized. I'm finally a trainee!

 

--------------------

 

It was still a bit early when I got to the building of SM Entertainment. I was admiring the sign "SM Town" outside the building for about 5 minutes when someone tapped my shoulders. "Excuse me?"

I turned to see a dark-skinned boy smiling at me. He was a little bit taller than me and had black hair. He had the "bossy" aura surrounding him but from the smile he was giving me, he looked friendly. "Hi, are you the new trainee?"

"Oh, yes. My name is Lu Han." I smiled back at him. He looked young, maybe about 16 or 17, but his voice was deep.

"Name's Kai. How old are you? Wait... Let me guess, 17?" I furrowed my brows in annoyance but pushed the bad thoughts away. I need to get used to people seeing me as younger than my age.

"No, I'm 21." His eyes widen from shock but then chuckled. "Wow, I didn't know a 21 year old guy could look so young. I'm 17, by the way... Hyung."

"Anyways, instead of standing here like a fool, why don't I show you around the building?" Kai smiled and walked into the building. I followed behind him.

"Yo, Kai. Who's he?" a deep voice came from behind. We both turned to see a boy with messy hair and baby-like features. I looked at the boy in confusion. Was he the one who just said that?

"Oh, Chanyeol-ah! Meet Lu Han, he's the new trainee. Lu Han, this is Chanyeol, we've been trainees since 2008." The boy named Chanyeol walked over to us and pulled up his hand for a handshake.

"Hi, I'm Chanyeol." My eyes widen from shock. The deep voice came from this boy, this baby-faced boy who looked so angelic and innocent. Chanyeol and Kai laughed at the same time, leaving me in more confusion.

"I'm guessing you haven't seen a guy with a face like this but a voice this deep, have you?" Chanyeol kept on laughing and I blushed from embarrassment.

"Well... Y-you look so young yet your voice sounds like a man's." I smiled bashfully.

"I know, I get that all the time. Anyways, where are you two headed?"

"Oh, I offered to give hyung a tour around the building since he's new." Now it was Chanyeol's time to be shocked. He must have thought I was 17 as well.

"Hyung?" He looked at me from head to toe.

"Yes, he's our hyung. He's 21." Chanyeol's mouth formed a small 'o'.

"I know, I get that all the time." I mimicked him and the three of us laughed.

 

--------------------

 

My day so far was good. I became instant friends with Kai, Chanyeol and Minseok. I was quite interested when I met Minseok. He looked so much like a jin bao zi that I want to eat him there and then. He has very puffy cheeks and milky complexion. I thought he was younger than me that when Kai told me he was the same age as me, I almost fell off the chair.

"Hey, it's lunch time. Wanna eat with us? We still have a few more people to introduce to you." Chanyeol grabbed his bag and headed to the door. Minseok waited for me to gather all my stuff and walked outside together with me.

We went outside to eat street foods like ddeokbokki and odeng. As we were chatting, two men arrived.

"Hey, guys. Mind if we join you?" the tall boy asked. He was so tall that I could even consider myself as short and he looked like an American so I was a bit intimidated..

"Oh, hey Kris, Yixing!"  My three newly found friends greeted them. The guy who I think was named Yixing looked at me. He must have figured out that I was not Korean. Everyone who met me today treated me like I was Korean, I could tell. But they didn't know that I was actually Chinese and the reason I was fluent in Korean was because I've been an exchange student for two years already. "Who's he?"

"Oh, this is Lu Han. Lu Han, this is Yixi---" I cut him off when I suddenly spoke, in Mandarin. "Hi, I'm Lu Han."

"Hi, I'm Yixing. You must be the new trainee. We thought the new trainee was Korean but you're Chinese, after all. I'm from Hunan. You?"

"I'm from Beijing. And yeah, I think everyone thought I was Korean because no one's asked me yet." The two of us laughed but I stopped because I saw the tall guy laughing a bit as well. He must have noticed me looking because he smiled and said, "I'm Wu Fan, but people call me Kris."

"Oh, hi. I thought you were American." He laughed.

"Yes, I'm Chinese-American." The three of us smiled at each other, forgetting the three Koreans standing in between us. Kai coughed and we looked at them.

"Oh, we're so sorry." I apologized, looking down in shame.

"No, it's okay." Kai smiled a little.

"Wow, Lu Han. Your Chinese is so great. How'd you learn Chinese?" Minseok asked me and the two Chinese boys snickered.

"I'm Chinese." The Korean boys looked at me like I said something so unusual.

"Seriously?"

"Yes, seriously. Why? Is it weird?" I asked them in confusion. Do they think Chinese trainees are weird?

"No, no. We're just amazed. We didn't realize you were Chinese because your Korean is so good." Kai explained.

"Thank you. I'll treat that as a compliment." I smiled and the six of us fell into a comfortable silence, eating our stress away.

 

The rest of the day passed by in a blur. We practiced hard until it was almost midnight. We left the building and said our goodbyes.

 

--------------------

 

Next day, I arrived a little bit early like yesterday and when I got inside the practice room, I was ambushed by a few trainees.

"Lu Han, can we take a picture together?" one girl said.

"No, me first." another girl said, pushing the girl aside.

I sighed and ignored them, looking for some of my new friends. I saw Kris and called him. He waved to me, telling me to come over.

"Hey, you're quite popular. Aren't you bothered about these girls?" Kris nudged me.

"Well, I am a bit bothered about it but I have to get used to it, I guess. We're going to get the same treatment when we become singers, right?" I joked and he just smirked.

The two of us practiced some dance steps we learned yesterday while waiting for the others to arrive. I noticed Kai enter the practice room with a guy I've never seen before. He had light-colored mushroom hair and drowsy eyes. I stopped dancing and went over to my bag to get a bottle of water. Girls were still surrounding me and I was about to shoo them away when I heard Kai's conversation with the boy. "Kai, who is that? He looks too girly but he gets a lot of attention. What did I miss while I was gone yesterday?"

I did not bother listening to Kai's reply because I got too pissed with the boy he was talking to. What 'girly'? Which part of me is 'girly'? And as if I wanted the attention these girls are giving me.

A voice pulled me out of my trance and I turned to see Kai smiling at me. I smiled back but the moment I saw the rude boy behind him, I looked away.

"Hey, Lu Han. This is Sehun. Sehun, this is the new trainee Lu Han." Kai pulled the boy named Sehun from behind.

"H-hi." He pulled out a hand, waiting for me to reach out for a handshake. I looked at it and without acknowledging him, I walked away to practice.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Finally, I had the desire to write the first chapter and here it is. Hope you guys liked the first chapter~! This will be multi-chaptered~ Maybe 10 to 12 chapters.
Anyways, let me know what you think. Comments will be very much appreciated. :)))

Another A/N: Oh, yeah. In case you were wondering, I used their Korean age which is +1 the normal age. Since they're in Korea, I want to use their Korean age. And this is set in 2010, when Lu Han officially entered SM Entertainment. ^.^