Realization and Confessions

Retrospect

 

Lu Han’s POV

 

“I’m sorry, Kai.”

Sehun?

My eyes fluttered open as my consciousness started to finally come back to me. My vision was blurry and my head was aching. I blinked a few more times to clear my vision and when it did, all I could see was white. Where am I?

I tried to feel where I was and I realized my hands were gripping something. I turned to look at my hands and saw my favorite blanket covering me.

“He’s still asleep. I’m really sorry if I could not come with you today. I have to take care of hyung.”

Remembering what happened before I out and hearing Sehun’s voice, my head snapped in his direction. There he was, a few steps away from me with his back facing me. I wanted so much to ran to him and hug him tight but my body refused to follow my mind as it was glued to the bed. I groaned from the sudden flash of pain my head was feeling and that made Sehun turn his head.

“Kai, I have to go. He’s awake.” Sehun said before putting his phone on the table beside him and walking over to the side of the bed.

“Hyung, where does it hurt?” Sehun asked, his voice laced with worry and fear. He sat down on the floor next to the bed and rested the back of his hand on my head.

“You’re burning up!” Sehun exclaimed.

He was about to stand up but my trembling hand was able to hold his.

“Don’t go.” My voice cracked as I try to speak.

“I won’t go, hyung. I will get some wet towel and medicine for you.” He chuckled before trying to stand up again which only made me pull him with all the energy I had left.

“Don’t go.” I said a little louder than before, shocking Sehun. With a defeated sigh, he gave up leaving the room.

“Hyung, what’s wrong?”

“You know what’s wrong, Sehun.” I tried to sound tough but it ended up sounding like a whine.

He covered his face with his hands and breathed heavily before turning back to look at me.

“I don’t know what’s wrong, hyung.” He whispered like he was unsure of his answer.

“You know you’re never a good liar, right?” I sat up on the bed, wincing at the sudden rush of blood in my head.

“Seriously, hyung. I don’t know what’s wrong… with me.” He heaved another sighed. His face looked so defeated that I want to just hug him there and then.

I ignored the sudden urge of comforting him and asked seriously, “What do you mean?”

“I know you and Minseok hyung are close especially since you are roommates and are eventually going to be in the same group, but…” My eyes widen as he started to speak. It felt like I was going to burst when I felt where the conversation would be leading. Am I feeling the same thing as Sehun? And what exactly is this “feeling”?

“But…?” I urged for him to continue.

He lowered his head as he continued to speak, “But I feel uncomfortable when you’re being so close to him. When I see you laugh with him, I wish that it was me you were laughing with. When you’re teaching him, I wish I was the one you were teaching. I’m confused, hyung. Why am I feeling like…”

Love? I wondered as Sehun’s words sink in my mind. I realized that everything he just said was exactly the things I was feeling. The moments he was laughing with Kai, whispering to Kai and touching Kai… All those times I wanted it to be me instead. Was this what they call “love”?

“Jealous?” I blurted out, making Sehun look at me with widened eyes. He opened his mouth, trying to find words to say but ended up closing it when he found nothing. I figured then that it was my time to speak.

“I know what you’re trying to say, Sehun. I know how it feels to be jealous.” I said as I fidgeted with my favorite blanket.

“Y-You do?” Sehun looked at me with his innocent eyes.

“Yes… I feel jealous, Sehun… of Kai.” He looked at me in confusion.

“Kai?”

I nodded.

“Sehun-ah… Don’t you know how hurt I felt when you said you will just go buy bubble tea with Kai? Don’t you know how painful it was for me to see you laugh with Kai while you glare at me? Don’t you know how agonizing it was when you coldly told me I can’t join you two after practice today? Don’t you know how much I’ve been crying my heart out in my room because of you? Don’t you know how much I---” …love you. I love Sehun. So that was why I’ve been feeling so different with him lately. It was because my feelings have changed for him.

“Hyung, don’t cry. It hurts me to see you cry.” Sehun said as he suddenly brushed my cheeks with his hands. I did not realize I was already tearing up the whole time.

“Sehun-ah… I think I love you.” His hands stop brushing my cheeks and instead my face was cupped between his two warm and comforting hands. I felt slight pressure as he tried to make me look up at him.

“I think I love you too, hyung.” He confessed, smiling as he said those words.

I felt heat creeping up to my face as he confessed. I felt butterflies in my stomach as he brushed my face once more. I felt things I’ve never felt before, things I’ve never known before. This was the beginning of something new, something different, something… special.

Sehun had always been special in my heart, even from the start.

I guess it was fate that brought us to be cat-and-dog the moment we met then brothers as we resolved our conflict then… maybe lovers as we realize how special one other was. I do not know the future but one thing is for sure…

I love Sehun.

“H-Hyung…” Sehun’s nervous voice brought me back from my reverie. I looked at him and saw anxiety in his eyes.

“What’s wrong, Sehun?” I asked, worry evident in my voice.

“C-Can I…” Sehun could not finish his sentence and his face reddened.

“Can I---” Sehun tried to ask again but his words were cut short as I did exactly what he was thinking of doing.

My lips were met with soft, plump lips as I close the distance between us. He froze at the sudden contact of our lips but soon softened as he grasped the situation. I let him take the lead and minutes after, I found myself melting in his soft embrace.

Releasing each other after our lungs were complaining from lack of oxygen, I realized something.

“Sehun-ah! You’re going to get sick!” I exclaimed.

He just chuckled and pushed me back to lay on the bed.

“I’m not the easy to get sick, hyung. Now, let me get you some medicine.” He started to make a move to the door when his phone rang. He picked up his cellphone and answered.

“Kai, what’s up?”

My body stiffened at the mention of the name. It was Kai, the object of my wariness before the confession was made.

“Yeah. He’s doing fine, I promise. Just text me your plan and we’ll talk about it later. You’ll do it tomorrow, right?” Sehun chuckled through the phone. I wondered what they were talking about to have Sehun smiling like an idiot.

Sehun soon said good bye and put the phone down again. He was about to open the door when I called out, “Sehun-ah.”

“Hmm?” He tilted his head, making him look cuter than he already is.

“What were you talking about with Kai?” My nosy self, as well as the jealous side of me, could not help but ask.

He deliberated on responding but soon answered, “This is supposed to be a secret but I will tell you. Don’t tell him I told you, okay? He’s planning on confessing to Kyungsoo hyung.”

Well… that was different from what I was expecting. I was expecting for a plan like going to the movies together or having a secret date to Namsan Tower. They had me worried over nothing. It was just Kai confe---

“Say what?” I almost jumped out of my bed. He rolled his eyes and chuckled before finally leaving the room.

 

I did not realize when it was that I fell asleep but the last thing I remembered was feeling Sehun’s soft lips on mine.

 

----------

 

“Sehun-ah!”

 

I almost fell down from my bed as I was startled awake by the screaming voice which belonged to Baekhyun. I looked around to find a sweaty Sehun sleeping on the floor with his head lying on the bed.

“Sehun-ah, wake up.” I shook his body, receiving a groan from the younger boy.

“Sehun-ah, wa---” I gasped as I felt how hot his body was. “Sehun-ah, you’re hot.”

A soft chuckle escaped from Sehun’s trembling lips. “I know that, hyung.”

I smack him lightly on the shoulder and rolled my eyes. “I’m serious, Sehun. You’re burning up. I told you you were going to get sick.”

“So something did happen yesterday?” Baekhyun smiled mischievously. I forgot all about Baekhyun being in the room and let myself say something that wasn’t supposed to be revealed at this moment.

“Shut up. Just help me bring Sehun to his room.” Baekhyun turned serious and nodded.

 

Following my orders, Baekhyun helped me carry Sehun to his room. The other members had already woken up and are all looking at us.

“Suho, why didn’t you bring Sehun back to your room yesterday?” I asked Suho as he reached out to help as well.

“When I went to your room to take over Sehun, he said he will stay with you for the night and ordered Kris hyung and Minseok hyung to sleep with the others. We could not say no when he was glaring at us.” Suho sighed. I apologized for sounding a bit harsh and requested for all the members to leave us alone for the day while I take care of Sehun.

“Okay, I will tell the others. Are you okay by yourself? Are you feeling well now?” Suho asked worriedly.

“Yes, I’m fine now. Sehun take good care of me yesterday so that’s what I will do as well.” I smiled.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Sorry for the long wait. Got busy with other stuff lately.
The next chapter's almost done! And this story is finishing up!
Thanks to everyone who subscribed and commented!
I'll be doing a dramatic A/N on the last chapter. HAHA.