When Jealousy Comes (PART 2)

Retrospect

 

Sehun’s POV

 

“Lu Han! Lu Han!” I sighed internally as I hear Minseok hyung calling Lu Han hyung as we were about to open the front door of the dorm.

“Oh, Minseok. What is it?” Lu Han hyung happily asked.

“Can you tutor me in Chinese right now?” Minseok grabbed Lu Han hyung’s hand, accidentally pulling him away from me. I glared at him but apparently he did not notice.

“W-What? But Sehun and I have to go out right now. I’ll help you when we get back.” Lu Han hyung retorted, making me smile a little.

“No. I need you to teach me now.” I wanted to spank Minseok hyung there and then when he suddenly used his aegyo to make Lu Han hyung act according to him.

“Fine. I’ll teach---” I knew what he was going to say so before he could even finish his sentence, I in and whined. “But hyung!”

“Sehun-ah. Let’s go buy bu---”

“Minseok hyung, can’t you just ask Kris hyung or Yixing hyung to help you?” I glared at Minseok hyung and asked bitterly. Seriously, I like Minseok hyung but this was one of the times he despise him.

“Kris is busy teaching Tao Korean while Yixing is busy composing songs. Lu Han is my only hope.” Minseok sounded like he was pleading Lu Han hyung.

“Sehun-ah. I promise to go with you later. It won’t take long.” Lu Han hyung beamed at me, hoping I would give in but I didn’t. Instead, I showed him the expression he hated seeing the most, the stony frown on face.

“No, don’t mind it. I will just ask Kai to come with me.” Before Lu Han hyung could even give an answer, I stormed out of the house and called Kai.

 

“So, why are you taking me to a bubble tea shop? This is your hangout place with Lu Han hyung, right?” Kai asked me when we sat at my favorite spot in the shop.

“Don’t even mention his name to me.” I said a bit coldly before smiling, “You have something to tell me, remember?”

“O-Oh. Yeah. I guess I do have something to tell you.” Kai said, almost as if asking himself if he really had something to say.

“So… what is it?” I raised an eyebrow, waiting for his response.

“Uhh… You see, I made a bet with someone and I lost. So now… I-I have to confess to another someone. But I don’t know how, when and if he even likes me back.” Kai admitted to me without looking at me in the eyes.

He? He’s a guy? Is it Kyungsoo hyung?” Kai’s mouth dropped. Bingo.

“So you want my help with your confession?” I asked and Kai nodded in response.

“First of all, you do like Kyungsoo hyung, right? You’re not confessing just because of a stupid bet?” I asked in a serious tone. Of course I wanted to make sure of Kai’s feelings before helping him. I might regret it if Kyungsoo hyung suddenly got heartbroken because of him.

“Of course I do. What kind of a man do you think I am if I confessed just because of a bet?” Kai sounded offended so I apologized.

 

We spent the almost the whole afternoon at the bubble tea shop, my problem with Lu Han hyung gradually disappearing. When we thought it was time to go home, I bought a bubble tea to bring back home for Lu Han hyung. I finally realized that I was acting too childish back then so a bubble tea would make as an apology for my actions.

 

“We’re home!” Kai announced as the door to our dorm opened.

We were laughing hard from the peculiar idea Kai had for a confession as we went inside the dorm. No one was around so probably they were asleep or outside playing. The door to Lu Han hyung’s room was open so I tried peeking but instead, I was faced with Lu Han hyung staring straight at me, boring holes into my soul. My laugh suddenly dropped to a frown and I immediately looked away to follow Kai to the kitchen.

“So what idea did you think was the best?” Kai asked me but the words were all shuffled in my head that I had to ask him to repeat what he said.

“I asked you what you think is the best confession idea. What’s wrong with you? You suddenly look pale.” Kai touched my forehead.

“No, I’m fine.” I forced a smile.

“Yeah, right. Anyways, I put your bubble tea in the fridge.” Kai pointed out and went to his room to change.

I remembered about me being childish so I cooled myself down before getting the bubble tea and heading off to Lu Han hyung’s room.

All coherency was eventually wiped from my brain as I took in the sight of Lu Han hyung… in Minseok hyung’s arms. It did not register in my mind that the bubble tea I was holding a while ago slipped from my grip and was now a big mess on the floor. I panicked as Lu Han hyung and Minseok hyung released each other and looked surprised to see me outside so I hurried off to my room without a word.

 

“Sehun-ah, it’s time for dinner. Come on.” Kai knocked, making me jump from my bed.

I did not know how long it was that I was just staring at the ceiling while lying on my bed. I did not cry but my heart was hurting so much. It was the first time I’ve ever felt that way, the feeling of seeing Lu Han hyung hugging with another person, whoever it might be, was excruciating and it only made my heart beat at lightning speed. Whatever this feeling was, it was tormenting and irritating.

I sighed before finally opening my door to go out. Kai waited for me at the living room and we both went to the kitchen. Everyone was already there and apparently Lu Han hyung’s seat was empty. He was now seated beside Minseok hyung so Kai went to sit beside me. Dinner was unusually quiet, something I was thankful for. No need to pretend that I was happy.

“So we were told that we have practiced tomorrow.” Joonmyun hyung broke the silence, pissing me off a little.

“Hyung, we know that. It’s Monday tomorrow, there’s always practice after weekends.” I rolled my eyes involuntarily.

“Sehun-ah. Don’t speak like that to our leader.” Kyungsoo hyung nagged and I realized how harsh I sounded.

“Sorry.” I felt like evaporating into thin air from embarrassment. “I’m full. I’ll be sleeping early today so don’t bother.” Unconciously, my eyes drifted off to Lu Han hyung as I finished the sentence.

 

I stood up and left the kitchen immediately. As soon as I reached my room, I threw myself to the bed and covered my face with my pillow. I hoped sleep would arrive soon and it did but not before my mind filled with Lu Han hyung’s sad eyes.

 

I was awakened by a loud alarm on my bedside table. I looked at the time and it said “5:30AM”. I mentally slapped myself for setting the alarm with a wrong time. I originally planned to wake up at 6:30 but because of my stupidity, I’m awake one hour earlier. I groaned and stood up eventually, knowing that sleep won’t come any minute now. I groggily dragged myself out of the room to find Kai in the living room with only a lamp on.

“What are you doing there so early? You look like a ghost.” I teased, earning a pillow thrown at me.

“I couldn’t sleep. I was thinking of the right time to confess to Kyungsoo hyung.” He sighed. I sat down on the couch beside him and rested a hand on his shoulder. “Don’t worry, I told you I’d help construct the plan today, right?”

With that said, Kai’s expression brightened and stood up. “Come on, let’s cook breakfast for the members.”

“I can’t cook. I only know how to cook bacon and egg.” I smiled sheepishly.

“That would do. That’s the only thing I know too.” He laughed and headed to the kitchen.

 

We had fun cooking breakfast. Kai broke two eggs and I burned one strip of bacon on our first try. We eventually got the hang of it and were able to successfully make an appetizing breakfast for all the members of EXO. We were about to set the table when we heard a thud coming from the living room.

“Hyung! You’re unusually up early today.” Kai called out. I looked to see who this hyung he was referring to and I soon felt crestfallen as Lu Han hyung appeared in front of me.

“Uhh… Yeah.” Lu Han hyung said without turning to look at us. I could see the frown on his face and it took everything for me not to suddenly march up to him and hug him. It was not yet time for us to reconcile, or so I thought.

“Want to eat with us? Sehun and I made bacon and eggs today.” Kai asked as he placed some plates on the table and went to Lu Han hyung to drag him to the chair. “Come on, let’s eat.”

I sat at my usual seat and ate quietly.

“So hyung. Want to come with Sehun and me after practice today?” I froze as Kai invited Lu Han hyung.

Can’t you see the wall between Lu Han hyung and me right now? Can’t you feel the tension surrounding us? I wanted to kick Kai under the table but decided not to. Instead, I just spoke. “Kai, the date is between you and me, right? We have things to do alone.”

I could feel Lu Han hyung’s expression change as I said those words but I dared not to look up.

“Oh yeah. I forgot. Let’s just get out next time, hyung. We have some important things to do.” Kai smiled sheepishly.

Lu Han hyung said nothing and breakfast finally ended in silence once more. He excused himself after finishing his breakfast and went back to his room after placing his plate on the kitchen sink. I went back to my room as well after helping Kai clean up. I drifted off to sleep once again while waiting for the others to wake up. When Kai woke me up, everyone was already done showering so I was the last one.

The trip to the company was quite normal and less awkward. Everyone was noisy once again, even Lu Han hyung who I can hear was laughing at things I did not understand. I shook my head and focused on what Kai was saying instead. I laughed at silly jokes he thought of saying to Kyungsoo hyung to the point that I would accidentally hit his thigh, earning a pinch from him. Everything was fine, that was what I’ve been telling myself all throughout the trip even thought I knew it wasn’t.

 

“Lu Han! Will you please get a grip of yourself? You’ve been making the same mistake for five times now. Look at how tired your members are.” The choreographer scolded Lu Han hyung as he made a mistake on the same move for five times today. It was so unlike him to make such a mistake repeatedly. He is quite aloof at times but with dancing, he was always focused. But today, he was different. I wanted to hug him in comfort but my body would not even allow me.

“Hyung, let the others rest and I will practice a bit more.” Lu Han hyung’s voice sounded remorseful. I felt a pang in my heart and guilt took over me. Lu Han hyung needed me right now, he needed my comfort.

“Okay, the others may leave. Lu Han, stay here and focus your mind. I’ll be out for a while but I’ll get back to you later.” The choreographer clapped his hands, signaling the break time.

I quickly went to the corner where my bag was to pack my things and head off to the cafeteria. I planned to buy Lu Han hyung’s favorite food in the cafeteria and some sweets to lighten up his mood.

My mind eventually left me when I saw Lu Han hyung’s legs wobble. I quickly ran to his side before his body finally gave out and he collapsed. “Hyung!”

 

 

 

A/N: Did you already guess what EXO's plan was? Sorry for being evil~ >.<
Anyways, for those who are waiting for Kai's confession, I'll get there. :D
One or two more chapters and it's finished!!! ^.^

Sorry for making you guys wait so long, by the way. Had to take a time off because I had a writer's block and a headache. >.<
Hope I was able to compensate for it. ^.^