Date and Dare

Retrospect

 

Lu Han’s POV

 

“Sehun-ah! Let’s go on a date!”

I tried hard to control the giggle that was about to come from my mouth when Sehun accidentally spitted out the water he was drinking.

“W-What?!” Sehun choked.

“You’re overreacting. Haven’t you heard of a friendly date before?” I ruffled his hair, earning a glare from the younger boy.

“Don’t call it a date, hyung. It’s too tacky.” He mumbled.

“So what? Are you going with me or not?” I asked seriously and crossed my arms for effect.

“Fine, fine. Where are we going?” He sighed in defeat.

“To the mall. Let’s watch ‘The Avengers’. I’ve been waiting for that since last month! Then, let’s go take pictures and do some shopping.” I happily told Sehun my plan and hugged him tight before going outside the practice room.

 

----------

 

I gasped and clutched at Sehun’s sleeve as I watch Dr. Barner transform to that familiar green monster Hulk. I heard a laugh escape from Sehun’s mouth and rewarded him with a light punch on the chest. We continued watching the movie and I gasped and laugh at the right moments earning a few silent chuckles from the boy beside me. Sehun was holding the popcorn between our chairs and occasionally our fingers brush against each other as we got popcorn, resulting to a light shiver around my back. The show was almost ending and Sehun yawned. As my mischievous mind started to work, I shoved a handful of popcorn into Sehun’s mouth, making the younger boy cough. I giggled a bit too loud but immediately stopped once I hear Sehun still coughing. I patted his back and gave him my soda.

“Sehun-ah. I’m sorry. I was just playing with you.” I put on a cute pout on my face, one I knew he could never resist.

“I hate you, hyung.” He glared at me before turning his frown into a smile again.

“I love you too, dongsaeng.” I ruffled his hair as I turned back to the movie.

 

“The movie was so fun! I want to watch again!” Sehun said as we left the cinema.

“Let’s watch again next time. We have to follow my schedule.” I took a piece of paper from my pocket.

“What’s that?” He leaned closer to look at the paper.

“The list of things we’re going to do for the day. We have watched a movie so next is shopping for clothes. Now, let’s go.” I didn’t wait for him to react and dragged him into the department store.

 

I happily walked around the store, looking for clothes that I thought would fit me and Sehun. I’ve always wanted to have a brother and wear a couple shirt with him. I don’t know if it sounds weird but that’s the number two in my wish list, just after “Debut”. I heard Sehun whine again as I dragged him to another store that sold statement tees. I searched around the store as Sehun aloofly searched through a rack of t-shirts.

“Hyung!” I was startled by the sudden call of the boy.

“What? Did you see something good?” I hurried off to his side to see him eyeing a t-shirt.

I examined the shirt he was looking at. It was a white round-neck t-shirt with a make. it. happen. printed in black. It looked nice, it was my kind of style after all. I beamed at Sehun and took the shirt to a saleslady.

“Hi. Do you have any other color for this shirt?” I smiled politely, the lady seemed taken aback. Oops… did I smile too much?

“Y-Yes… Uhh… There’s uhh…” The lady stammered before regaining her calm and coughing.

“This shirt is available in white, black and grey. What’s your size?” She professionally said, totally opposite from how she acted a second ago. I told her our size and she went to the back of the store to get our shirt.

“Hyung.” I looked back at Sehun. “Mine’s white, okay?”

“Sure, I’ll take the black, then.” I smiled happily. It’s so nice to have a dongsaeng.

The lady emerged from the backdoor, holding three different-colored shirts.

“We’ll take the white and black one, please.” I smiled again and followed the lady to the counter to pay.

 

Once we finished our shopping, I dragged Sehun to the arcade only to have our picture taken at the photo booth.

“Hyung, this is kind of embarrassing. It’s only the two of us here. Why don’t we do this when we’re with the others?” Sehun complained.

“No! I want to take one with just the two of us.” I whined.

“B-But…” Sehun could not finish his sentence as I put on my begging look once again.

“Hyung, don’t do that. I won’t fall fo--- Fine. Just this once.” I jumped in excitement as Sehun finally gave in.

 

“Say cheese, Sehun. Cheese!” I put my two index fingers to each end of Sehun’s mouth to pull it up to a smile. Sehun was having a hard time smiling brightly as he was really not in the mood for pictures.

“Sehun, if you smile your rarely seen bright smile, I will treat you to bubble tea.” At the mention of bubble tea, Sehun’s face brightened immediately and he looked at the camera.

I pressed a button and the countdown started.

3… 2… 1…

“Cheese!”

“Kimchi!”

“Ya, I said ‘cheese’, not ‘kimchi’!” I nagged and I got a merong in return.

“Aigoo… I can never resist a cute little boy like you.” I ruffled his hair out of habit.

“I’m not little, I’m even taller than you!” He whined and hurriedly got out the photo booth.

 

----------

 

“Hi, my name is Jongdae!” The guy at the door smiled brightly, warming our hearts.

A new trainee to get along with again. For the past week, we have heard that there will be two new trainees coming in and one of them was Jongdae. He was a cute guy, his smile was always covering his face the moment he stepped into the practice room. He seemed like a nice guy and we soon got comfortable with him.

The three of us, Kris, Yixing and I, examined him as he spoke. He looked like he was Chinese but with the way he speaks Korean so fluently, we assumed he was Korean.

“Hey, can you speak Chinese?” Kris asked him. Jongdae backed away,looking like he was intimidated by Kris’s height and voice, but soon his smile returned in his face.

“Ni hao?” He awkwardly said, tilting his head for effect.

“Oh, so you’re not Chinese, then? Not even a bit?” Yixing moved forward, another action that intimidated Jongdae.

“No, I’m not. Though I do hear that I look Chinese.” He smiled bashfully.

“You do look Chinese. I’m Lu Han, by the way. These are Kris and Yixing. We’re all from China and we were just wondering if you would be part of little circle of Chinese trainees.” I beamed at him and held out a hand.

“Jongdae. It’s nice to meet you three.” His smile never leaving his face.

“Hi, oppa!” All heads turned towards the door where a scary-looking guy had just emerged.

“O-Oppa?” Minseok asked in confusion. The guy was looking at him directly so we were all sure he was pertaining to Minseok.

“I guess we found our new Chinese friend, then.” Yixing said before making his way towards the black haired boy.

“Ni hao. Wo shi Yixing. Ni na?” A smile showed on the boy’s face as he heard the language.

“Ni zhongguoren ma? Wo shi Zitao.” The boy held up a hand to which Yixing reached and shook.

Kris and I took a step forward to get the boy’s attention.

“I’m Kris. This is Lu Han. Nice to meet you, Zitao.” Kris smiled, a very unusual thing for him to do.

“Hi, Zi Tao. Welcome to our circle. I’m Lu Han. How old are you?” I beamed at him.

The other trainees had their mouth agape as we continued our conversation. The others just shrugged and went back to their own world while the others still had their attention to us, trying to decipher our conversation.

“I’m almost 18. You?” He motioned for us to answer.

“I’m 22, Korean age. You’re 19 here in Korea.” I said and Zitao only gave me a confused look.

“Don’t worry. You’ll figure things out later. I’m 22 as well.” Kris explained.

“I’m 21.” Yixing said.

“Wow, you’re all my ge. And I thought you were younger than me.” Zitao exclaimed, pointing a finger at me.

We heard a cough from the side and turned to see our friends looking at us intently.

“Sorry, guys.” Kris apologized.

“This here is Zitao.” He introduced in Korean before turning to the boy beside him and asking in Chinese. “Hmm… can we call you Tao instead?”

“Sure, I like Tao. It’s shorter.” Tao smiled to Kris.

“Okay… He’s Tao and he’s a 19-year old Chinese.  I think he doesn’t have that much knowledge in Korean yet so I hope you guys could help him, okay?” Kris said authoritatively and everyone nodded.

“So… Tao, they are the other trainees. This one here’s Junmian, and that’s Canlie and Baixian. That dark-skinned guy is Zhongren but call him Kai. The one beside him is Qingzhu. This smiley boy is Zhongda and that chubby boy is Minshuo. This boy beside Lu Han is Shixun. In the meantime, you can call them in Chinese but you’ll eventually have to learn how to pronounce their names in Korean.” Kris introduced Tao to every single member, trying to make Tao remember all of their names. Tao just nodded to everything Kris said.

 

---------

 

A few weeks after Jongdae and Tao were introduced to us, we were called for a meeting. The twelve of us were sitting at the couches, some fidgeting with their clothes and some were playing with the one beside them. Once the doors opened and the man we only see in the news was standing just a few meters away from us.

“Good morning, boys.” Lee Sooman smiled and made his way to the seat across from us.

“I’ve called you here for a meeting to discuss your… debut.” From the mention of debut, all our heads snapped to his direction. I could feel the excitement building up in each of our bodies. The one thing all of us had been waiting to hear was finally said. Debut…

“Y-You mean, we’re going to debut as a group, all twelve of us?” Kris was the one to recover from the shock and asked politely.

“Yes, the twelve of you will be in one group, but…” He looked at each one of us before speaking again, “You will be divided into two sub-groups. One would be promoting here and the other in China. So I guess you know which group you’ll be in.”

“But… there are only four of us Chinese here.” I spoke politely.

“Yes, I’m aware of that. And that is why I’ll have to ask Minseok and Jongdae to be in your group.” Minseok and Jongdae’s eyes widen from the mention of their name.

“Now, if you’ll excuse me. I have another meeting to attend to. But don’t worry because your managers will be here soon. Good luck, boys.”

 

As soon as the doors closed, we were all jumping up and down in celebration. Words of congratulations and encouragement filled the room. We soon calmed down when two men came inside and introduced themselves as our managers. They seemed nice and a little bit too young to be managers of 12 growing boys but it didn’t matter. We have already taken one step in achieving our dreams and we did it together.

The managers gave us a compilation of papers which contained our schedules for the coming weeks and some rules to follow. We carefully read each schedule and rule, asking whenever we don’t understand something. The managers were really kind to us and it somehow made me relieved. I thought managers were supposed to be scary but I guess it was just a joke to scare us trainees.

 

---------

 

Dorm life. It was the same as my previous life at the dorm in the university but this was better. I get to wake up with food already on the table courtesy of either Minseok, Yixing or Kyungsoo. They were all good cooks so they were assigned to cook for the members though Minseok has volunteered for it.

The room assignment was given to us a day before our arrival at the dorm and I was a bit disappointed when I found out that Kris and Minseok were my roommates. I was expecting Sehun to be my roommate but then he was assigned with Joonmyun.

“Hyung, just go into my room once in a while, okay?” Sehun said to me the first time we arrived at our dorm.

We did hang out often at each other’s room. It was fun bothering Joonmyun whenever he’s reading a book so Sehun so I usually come play at his room whenever Joonmyun is inside to have some time for his reading. Sehun, on the other hand, comes to my room whenever Kris and Tao are having a time of their own. We noticed that Kris and Tao had been acting a bit weird around each other lately and one time, we found out why. We were going to surprise Minseok who’s supposed to be studying inside our shared room when we saw Kris and Tao sleeping in Kris’s bed, cuddling each other. I almost let out a squeal which eventually Sehun stopped by covering my mouth. We tiptoed our way out of the room and when we were far enough, we burst out in laughters. It was the first time we saw Kris’s soft side and his soft side definitely had something to do with the panda-eyed boy.

 

----------

 

It was a rest day so the some members went out to watch a movie or to play basketball and arcade. The only people who were left were Kai, Yixing and I.

I was arranging my things when I heard a knock on my door.

“Hyung, let’s play!” Kai called out from the other side of the door.

“Play what?” I hurriedly finished arranging and opened the door.

“Video game, of course. Let’s play Tekken.” He smiled darkly. I knew that smile and it only meant one thing: it means war.

“You’re on. So what’s it gonna be?” I pushed him to the living room.

“Oh, you know what I was thinking. Let’s make a bet.” He still has that smug look on his face.

“Sure.” I smiled mischievously.

I tried to think of a good bet then something suddenly popped in my head. “If I win… you have to confess your feelings to Kyungsoo.”

I hit the right spot because Kai’s face turned from triumphant to edgy. He soon recovered and shot me a deadly glare.

“If I win… you give chocolates to Sehun on Valentine’s Day.” His smug face was back.

I tilted my head in confusion, wondering why Kai thought of such a deal. It would not be hard for me to do it since Sehun is close to me but it felt awkward… a guy giving chocolates to a guy on Valentine’s is plain weird.

“You up for it?” Kai raised an eyebrow.

“You bet I am. Let’s go.” I grabbed a controller and laughed.

Yixing came out of the kitchen to watch us play. “I’ll be the judge, then. Ready, fight!”

And with that, the game started.

 

Unfortunately, Kai was just too much of a gamer for me to beat. He kicked my easily that I almost punched him in annoyance.

“I guess I’ll be seeing you give your precious Sehun chocolates then. I’ll be waiting.” He laughed darkly before making his way to his room. Yixing chuckled and went back to the kitchen to cook.

I was dumbstrucked. How was I supposed to give Sehun chocolates? He might think I’m weird but then again, he already knows that. But still… giving Sehun chocolates is giving me this weird feeling. I don’t know what it is but one thing’s for sure: I’m not liking it.

 

 

 

A/N: Chapter 6 is posted! Finally! 4 more to go~
Hope you guys like it!!! :D