Suspicions and Ramyun

Retrospect

Lu Han's POV

 

It has been a week since that rainy incident and as Sehun said, he became my brother. All our misunderstandings and predicaments about each other went down the drain and were gradually replaced with compliments and comfort. We became so close in a span of one week that the others could not believe what they were hearing or seeing.

I remember the day after the incident, I tripped while doing a dance step and Sehun rushed to my side to help me up. The others were stunned, their eyes watched our every move as Sehun steered me cautiously to a chair. As we saw the look on their faces, I couldn’t help but laugh hard despite the pain I felt from the fall.

“What happened?” Minseok was the first to ask.

“Am I dreaming or is Sehun really helping Lu Han hyung?” Chanyeol said absentmindedly.

Kris pinched Chanyeol’s arm, earning a loud groan from the younger boy. “I guess you’re not dreaming, then.

“Is Sehun sick?” Yixing asked and Kyungsoo hurried to my side to put a hand on my forehead. “He doesn’t feel sick though.”

“Hyung, what are you doing?” Sehun swatted Kyungsoo’s hand.

“Guys, you’re overreacting.” I giggled.

“But… what happened?!” Minseok repeated his question.

“Nothing happened, Minseok.” I said.

“But y-you’re… you’re so touchy with each other. And you’re not fighting.” Suho noted.

“Well, we realized how stupid we were fighting so we decided to be friends, well… more like brothers, actually.” I said.

“Wow. It’s a miracle.” Jongin gasped humorously.

“Whatever.” I shoved Jongin aside and went back to practice.

The others followed while still teasing Sehun and me like they were suspecting something from us.

 

--------------------

 

It was a few weeks after that though when the suspicions about Sehun and I shifted to suspicions about Kai. Kai has been acting weird lately especially around a specific person… that person being Kyungsoo. Kai was still being the lighthearted Kai but he usually gets irritated these days whenever someone calls him by his real name instead of Kai.

 

I was talking to the Kris and Yixing when I heard Jongin threatening Sehun who was just a few inches away from me. “Call me that again or I’ll break your leg.”

Our conversation stopped and we eyed Kai and Sehun. Kyungsoo who was oblivious of the incident a minute ago approached them and called, “Jongin-ah.”

We were waiting for Kai’s wrath as Kyungsoo called him but instead, his former scowl turned to a glistening smile. “Oh, Kyungsoo hyung! Why?”

“Wasn’t he angry at Sehun for calling him ‘Jongin’?” Yixing whispered in Chinese.

“I think so but… Kyungsoo just called him that too and his reaction was different.” Kris reacted.

 “I could not follow the dance. How do you do the third part again?” Kyungsoo said with a pout on his face. Kai’s face seemed to brighten up more if that was possible.

“Is Kai being biased, then?” I wondered.

“Hyung, I’ll help you then. This is how you do it.” Kai pulled Kyungsoo to a corner, leaving Sehun alone standing by myself.

I could not help but jump on Sehun from behind. “Sehun-ah!”

 “Wh--- Lu Han hyung! You startled me.” he yelped.

“Sorry.” I apologized with a sheepish smile.

“Sehun-ah. What do you say about eating ramyun later?” I asked him when I knew he was not mad.

“Hmm… Will you cook it?” He asked curiously.

I nodded and smiled brightly. “Of course. You know I’ve always wanted to try cooking ramyun.”

I heard Sehun sigh in defeat and I hugged him tighter before finally releasing him. I went back to Kris and Yixing who were still talking as Sehun went to Chanyeol.

 

--------------------

 

“Hyung! Have you never cooked any instant noodles before?” Sehun shouted from behind.

“Of course I have.” I retorted.

“Then why are the noodles so soggy now? How long have you been cooking this?” He complained.

“Four… Five… Seven minutes, I guess.” I smiled guiltily.

“Hyung, that’s too long! Now look at how the noodles turned out.” He nagged.

“Fine, don’t eat then. I’ll eat this alone.” I muttered.

Forgetting that the pot was hot, I cried out in pain as I held the pot without any pot holder. Sehun’s mood quickly turned from annoyance to concern as he rushed to my side to look at my hands.

“Hyung, you should have been more careful.” He sighed while rinsing my hands with cold water.

“Sorry…” I softly said.

“You don’t have to be sorry. Does it still hurt?” He looked at me with worried eyes.

“No, it’s okay now.” I smiled a little.

“Okay, just sit and I’ll get the ramyun.” He ordered.

When the ramyun was set on the table, Sehun quickly put ramyun on his bowl and gobbled it down. He did not complain about the nasty feeling of eating the soggy noodles and just eat everything. He saw me staring at him and he just smiled before turning back to his bowl of ramyun. I smiled at how caring he really was and started eating. Sehun really is a good brother.

 

 

 

A/N: An update at last. It's not as long as my other updates so I'm sorry. :((
I'll start working on the next chapter though. :D
Thanks for reading~! And do comment if you have time. ^.^