Chocolates and Schemes

Retrospect

 

The dorm was filled with an unusual atmosphere as the members of EXO, except for two particular boys named Lu Han and Sehun, were gathered in the kitchen.

"So, are we all supposed to spy on them later? Aren't we too many to be invisible for them?" Kyungsoo whispered loud enough for everyone in the room to hear.

"We're not going to hide. We just have to act normal around them, pretend nothing's going on. Okay?" Chanyeol said.

"And don't laugh or anything, pretend you don't know anything. I'm going to kick your if you do." Tao gave a threatening look.

"Guys, this is the only chance we have for Lu Han and Sehun to realize their feelings are not just some brotherly love. They're young and stupid so they don't know but we do." Kris commented after patting Tao's shoulder to calm him.

 

It is Valentine's Day today and today was D-Day for Lu Han as he had lost in a game with Kai which will result to his chocolate-giving to Sehun later. It still seemed downright awkward for him to give Sehun a chocolate on Valentine’s Day but a man always keep his words so he immediately left his room with the chocolate in hand after taking a refreshing shower to cool himself. He heard some chattering in the kitchen and slowly peeked.

“We can’t have our plan de--- Oh, Lu Han!” Minseok smiled at him too much, making him look suspicious. Jongdae nudged him on the elbow but Lu Han seemed oblivious to everything.

“How was your sleep, hyung?” Kai smirked. Lu Han simply looked at him before giving him an awkward smile. You’ll have your day, Kai. I swear.

“Fine, Kai, fine.” Yixing was stopping himself from grinning too much from the expression on Lu Han’s face.

 

“Lu Han hyung? Suho hyung?” Everyone’s head turned to the living room. The maknae is finally awake and is looking for everyone. “Where is everyone? Although it’s Valentine’s doesn’t mean I have to be left alone.”

“There’s your cue, hyung. Go on.” Kai shoved him to the living room.

“Hyung! I’ve been looking for you. Where’s everybody?” Sehun asked as soon as he sees his favorite hyung.

“U-Uh… Well, they… Uhh…” Lu Han scratched the back of his neck in an attempt to think of an answer.

“Hyung?” Lu Han did not realize that Sehun had already moved and was already a few inches from him. Too close, Sehun.

“Hyung, why are you acting weird today? Do you have something to tell me?” Sehun looked at him, worried. Why does this guy know me so well? Where’s the oblivious Sehun?!

“Uh… yeah. Actually, I do. I mean, no.” I moved back a few steps for me to breathe before speaking, “Well, I have something to give you.”

Lu Han held up the chocolate in his hand for Sehun to see. Sehun’s face changed from worry to wonder. His gaze almost melting the chocolate.

“Hyung, what’s that for?” Sehun asked, still looking at the chocolate.

“Nothing, just a gift.” He answered a bit too fast.

Lu Han heard a few snickers from the kitchen and rolled his eyes. Fortunately, Sehun was too oblivious of the people watching them.

“Hyung, is this some prank? It’s Valentine’s Day, not April Fool’s.” A laugh escaped his mouth.

“Just take it!” Lu Han almost screamed. Sehun was taken aback but willingly accepted the chocolate.

“Thanks for the chocolate, hyung. First chocolate I received this Valentine’s.” He smiled his usually derpy smile, making Lu Han sigh in relief and returning his smile with one of his own.

Sehun was still having a hard time processing the happenings just now but he was feeling happy. He was happy that he received a chocolate on Valentine’s Day and it didn’t matter if it was from a guy. It was his Lu Han hyung after all, why wouldn’t he be happy?

 

----------

 

Without the other members knowing, Kai and Yixing had made a bet of their own. One Kai might be regretting for the rest of his life.

“Why is everyone so determined on getting me to confess to Kyungsoo hyung?” Kai whined.

“Because you like him! It’s so freakin’ obvious!” Yixing wanted to slap Kai’s face for being as oblivious to his feelings as Lu Han and Sehun were.

“Fine, I know it. I like him. I admit.” Kai finally gave up and admitted his feelings for his wide-eyed hyung to Yixing who looks like he’s having too much fun with all the love happening around their dorm.

“Good.” Yixing smiled triumphantly.

“But if Sehun doesn’t give Lu Han anything on White Day, you’re buying a very big cake for Suho hyung’s birthday.”

“Deal.” Both men shook each other’s hands a little bit too aggressively.

 

----------

 

White Day. The day of finding out Kai and Yixing’s fate. Will Sehun give Lu Han a gift or will Sehun forget Lu Han ever gave him a chocolate for Valentine’s?

 

“Hyung!” Lu Han turned to see his dongsaeng Sehun waving at him from afar, his angelic smile making Lu Han's heaert beat in an unusual way.

"Hyung, are you ready?" He asked, his breathing uneven.

"Ready for what?" Lu Han raised an eyebrow at Sehun in confusion. Sehun was pestering him all day yesterday about going out for the day but he has not told him about being ready for anything.

"Oh, I guess I forgot to tell you yesterday. We're going to buy a cake." Sehun said victoriously, like he had just won the lottery or something.

"Cake for what? It's not anyone's birthday today, is it?" Lu Han's curious face turned into a very cute thinking face, his face looking blank. Sehun could not help but to chuckle a little from the cuteness of his hyung's expression.

"It's White Day, remember? And I'm going to buy you a cake." Sehun flashed a goofy smile to Lu Han, sending shivers through his spine. Sehun's smile was almost like Chanyeol's creepy smile, or maybe worse, but Lu Han can't help but to feel his heart jump a little.

When Lu Han got back his composure, he spoke. "Sehun-ah. Isn't  it candy you're supposed to give me? Not cake?"

"But hyung, you're different. We're different. That thing doesn't apply to us." Lu Han got curious with Sehun's explanation. What do you mean different? What's so different about us?

"Come on, hyung. Let's not waste time and buy you cake!" Without giving Lu Han time to comment, Sehun dragged Lu Han to a cake shop.

 

"Hmm... Do you want the strawberry shortcake or the chocolate cake?" Sehun asked, looking at the cake display. Lu Han could not control his smile as he watches his dongsaeng happily picking a cake for him.

"The chocolate cake's fine with me." Lu Han replied with a smile.

"Chocolate cake, it is." Sehun went to the counter to take his order and waited for the cake to be given to him while Lu Han looked at the interior of the cake shop. The interior of the shop looked so cute and comfortable that Lu Han was thinking of getting a part-time job here if possible. He took note of the name of the shop before being dragged again by Sehun.

 

----------

 

Everyone's eyes were on Sehun and Lu Han who just came into the dorm. Kai's mouth was agape and his expression showed a combination of despair and horror while Yixing who was standing behind him could only smirk at the sight before them.

“Sehun bought cake for us, guys.” Lu Han happily announced while walking towards the kitchen.

“Hyung, it’s only for you.” Sehun whined before turning to the others and saying, “Don’t dare touch the cake. I will eat you alive if you do.” His eyes travelled around the members and lingered a bit too long at Tao.

“Well, that went well.” Minseok commented once Sehun and Lu Han were in the kitchen.

“But I don’t think we’ve achieved what we wanted.” Tao sighed.

“Yeah, they’re still on ‘brother’ mode with each other.” Suho noted.

“Don’t worry guys. Only a bit more push. Let’s plan something else.” Kai encouraged the others.

As Kai said those words, he noticed nine pair of eyes looking at him mischievously.

“W-What?” He moved back, looking like a cat being cornered by a pack of dogs.

“I guess we have a plan, then.” Yixing smiled darkly.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Sorry for the long wait. I had a writer's block with this one. TvT
I hope this chapter isn't that crappy or anything. :D
And guess what their plan is~~~ HAHAHA. *insert EXO's individual evil smiles*