Brothers

Retrospect

Sehun’s POV

 

It’s been almost a month since the incident at Starbucks and ever since then, Lu Han and I became more comfortable with each other but not to the point where we could call each other “friends”. We were still bickering at each other most of the times but we knew when to stop. To be honest, the reason we usually quarrel is because I was fond of teasing Lu Han about things he hated. Number one on my list was his baby face. He absolutely hates it when people call him “baby” or “kid” so to make his life miserable, I simply call him “Lu Han”, no “hyung” added. He would spank me hard every time I did that until I give up and call him “hyung”. Number two would be his love for stuff toys. A new trainee named Kyungsoo entered the company a few weeks after Lu Han did and as a sign of friendship he wants to form with us, he gave us a plushie phone accessory which Lu Han totally adores. To annoy him, I would sometimes get his plushie and hide it inside his bag. He would look around the practice room all day looking for it like his life depended on it. By the end of the day, he would realize that the plushie was in his bag all along and if it wasn’t for me laughing at his face, he wouldn’t know I was the one who hid it. Well, that was just some of the things I do to annoy the hell out of Lu Han; most of the times, I just call him names.

 

Today was our rest day so Kai invited his trainee friends to come with him shopping but because of their other commitments, no one joined Kai except for me, Kyungsoo… and Lu Han.

“Hey! Sehun!” Kai was waving at me as soon as he saw me entering the mall. Kyungsoo waved at me and Lu Han, as usual, just stared at me.

“Sorry, did you wait long?” I apologized to them.

“Yeah, you’re suc---” Kyungsoo elbowed Lu Han and smiled at me. “No, no. We just arrived.”

“Yeah, uh… let’s go, then.” Kai suggested.

 

We went around different clothing stores to look for something Kai wanted to buy so much. He saw this statement tee “I AM ONE VERSUS MANY” online the other day and he hasn’t stopped talking about it since then. We went to the last clothing shop we could find and went inside. The saleslady froze the moment we stepped into the shop. After regaining her calm, she quickly went to the back of the store, maybe to spread the news that four flower boys were inside the shop. Kai just smirked and I sighed.

 

“Hey, this looks cool.” Kyungsoo said while holding a black leather jacket.

“Yeah, I think it will look good on you, Kyungsoo.” Kai said, still looking through the store for the tee he wanted to buy.

All four of us tried to look for the tee but my eyes caught something. I saw this statement tee that looked so awesome, maybe because it said “I’M AWESOME”. I was about to grab it when I saw two more hands on their way to the t-shirt’s hanger. I guess I wasn’t the only one saw this.

I looked to see Kai… and Lu Han, eyeing the same tee. “Hey, I saw this first!”

“Nu-uh. I saw this first, Sehun.” Kai disagreed.

“Hey! This is mine! And I’m the oldest!” Lu Han demanded.

“Guys, why don’t the three of you just buy the same tee, okay? Problem solved.” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at our stubbornness.

“Excuse me, do you have other stocks for this design?” Kyungsoo asked the saleslady as she went out again.

“Oh, this? I’m so sorry but that is the last piece. Next delivery won’t be until next week.” The saleslady said.

“So… who gets this?” Kai asked.

“Me, because I saw it first and I’m the youngest.” I grabbed the tee.

“Hey! I’m the oldest so it should be mine.” Lu Han snatched it.

“Guys, can you be a bit more mature about this? What about…” Kyungsoo patted his finger on his lips, thinking deep. “What about rock-paper-scissors? It’s the fairest and easiest way to determine who gets the tee.”

“Fine.” The three of us sighed.

The three of us did it and Kai lost the first time. Now, it was only Lu Han and me. We tied for a few games until…

“가위~ 바위~ 보!” My hand was a stone while Lu Han’s was scissors.

“Yehey! I won! It’s mine~” I sang as I grabbed the tee back from Lu Han. Lu Han, on the other hand, looked so down. His mouth was wearing a pout all the time we were inside the shop. I couldn’t help but feel pity for him. He must’ve wanted it so much that he was now sulking.

 

Since that shop was our last stop, we decided to go home. The moment we left the store, I made sure no one was looking when I “dropped” my newly bought statement tee into one of Lu Han’s shopping bag.

 

--------------------

 

After a few days, we were back to normal, the cat-and-dog normal. We argued with each other during practice and I continued teasing him. He didn’t punch me that hard anymore, unlike before. Maybe he saw the t-shirt already and thought that I finally gave it to him. He must be thankful. I smiled at that thought and almost got hit by Yixing who was dancing beside me.

“Hey, don’t daydream in the middle of the practice room.” Yixing complained before moving a bit to the front. I just rolled my eyes and went back to dancing.

 

--------------------

 

It was already 10PM and rain started to fall from the sky. I waited for the rain to stop and continued practicing our latest dance routine while the others went home. It was already 11 o’clock by the time I got tired of dancing and went out the practice room. I was heading off to the first floor when I felt a presence on the balcony. I peeked and saw Lu Han looking up at the sky with his hands tightly holding his legs up to his chest. I quietly went to surprise him but instead I was the one to be surprised as Lu Han did not even acknowledge my presence. He stayed still, looking at the rain fall. I got pissed when I got no reaction from him so I with the thing he hated so much. “Hey, girly. Whatcha doin’? Why haven’t you gone home yet?”

I was shocked when I heard sniffling sounds. I turned Lu Han and saw Lu Han’s tears falling endlessly from his eyes. I tried to wipe his tears but only got my hand whacked by him. “Leave me alone, Sehun. I’m not in the mood for your childish jokes.”

My heart felt like it would break into pieces as I Lu Han coldly asked me to leave him alone. It’s the first time he’s ever been that pissed with me. I sighed before pulling Lu Han into an embrace. I didn’t know what I was doing but one thing was on my mind, and that is to stop Lu Han from crying.

“Lu Han hyung, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean it when I said you were girly. Please don’t be mad at me, okay? I won’t tease you again, I swear. Now, will you please stop crying?” I softly said as I caress his back.

Instead of calming Lu Han, it only made him worse. His soft whimpering turned to a loud cry. I caressed his back continuously while saying sorry. He finally spoke in broken sentences. “I-I miss… home. I miss m-my mo…t-ther. I mi-miss my f-father.”

I hugged him tighter and said, “Hyung, do not cry anymore. Your family wouldn’t want you crying because of them.”

“B-but… I miss them so much.” Lu Han was now calming down slowly.

“I know that. But just think of how proud they will be once you debut. All your hard work will be rewarded in the end and you’ll be able to see them. So stop crying now.” I looked at him and wiped the tears that were still escaping from his eyes. He nodded and gave me a smile, the first honest smile he ever gave to me. I almost leaped in joy when I saw how beautiful his smile was. What are you thinking of, Sehun?!

“Now… If you miss home, come to me, okay? Treat me as your dongsaeng and tell me if you have any problem. Okay, hyung?” I smiled brightly and Lu Han cutely nodded again.

 

It was probably 1AM by the time I got home but it was worth it. I finally built a relationship with Lu Han hyung as his dongsaeng, and it was probably the best thing that happened in my life.

 

 

 

 

A/N: I finally updated~! Sorry for not updating for the past... 2 days I think. I've been trying to finish my HunHan twoshot. If you haven't read it by the way, here it is: Coffee-laced Romance
Sorry for shamelessly promoting my other fic. >.<
Anyways, hope you liked the update~! Yehey! HunHan are finally brothers! ^.^