Petty Fights

Retrospect

Sehun's POV

 

"Kai, who is that? He looks too girly but he gets a lot of attention. What did I miss while I was gone yesterday?" I asked Kai who was rummaging his bag.

“Huh? Who?” He looked as I pointed out the girly boy who was surrounded by some female trainees. I really get pissed whenever I saw girls flocking over some trainee like fangirls. They’re also trainees who would eventually debut so they can’t act like that always but with the way they keep on acting, I know they’re bound to fail one day.

“Oh, Lu Han hyung. He’s from China but his Korean is so good you wouldn’t know he’s Chinese until he starts conversing with Kris hyung and Yixing hyung.” He laughed, probably reminiscing about something I wasn’t part of.

“Oh.” I simply said, trying to take in Lu Han’s features. He looked shorter than me and his baby face almost deceived me into thinking that I was the hyung. If it wasn’t for Kai addressing him as hyung, I would’ve called him “dongsaeng” if we got introduced to each other. He looked quite… cute. His eyes were gleaming and full of innocence, his button nose screams “Pinch me” and his cute small lips looked so cute when he’s pouting.

“Hey, what are you staring at? Want me to introduce you to him?” Kai nudged me, bringing me back to reality.

“Huh? Oh… Okay then. Is he… you know, friendly? You know how shy I get when I meet new people.”  I muttered. I was scared to meet this new trainee because I’m not good with meeting new people and to top it off, he’s older than me and a foreigner so he must be hard to get close with.

“Yeah, he’s really friendly. He’s so bubbly that one would get comfortable with him the moment you meet him.” He smiled encouragingly and led me to the new trainee. I followed him, hiding behind him.

"Hey, Lu Han. This is Sehun. Sehun, this is the new trainee Lu Han." He pulled me for Lu Han to get a glimpse of me.

I mustered all the courage I could get and pulled out a hand. “H-hi.”

He looked at my hand and I waited for him to reach it for a handshake but instead I was met with silence and he walked away, dancing along with the other trainees.

“Okay, where was the ‘friendly’ and ‘bubbly’ part you were talking about? He embarrassed me and didn’t even acknowledge me. What a brat!” I grabbed Kai’s arms and pulled him to whisper angrily.

“Uh… I don’t know what just happened. Maybe… maybe he’s in a bad mood. He’s really friendly, I swear.” He looked at Lu Han before looking at me again.

“I don’t care anymore. I don’t like him.” I hissed.

“But Sehun-ah…” I shushed him.

“Whatever. Let’s just practice.”

The dance instructor finally came and called everyone to the center. He started teaching us a new routine and as usual, Kai was called to dance in front because he’s the best dancer among us. We went to our usual position to start dancing but I was confused when Lu Han was in my place, together with Yixing hyung and Kris hyung.

“Hyung, where am I supposed to dance now?” I whined to Joonmyun hyung. Joonmyun hyung is like a big brother to everyone since he’s very caring to the all the trainees like he’s our guardian or something.

“Why, Sehun-ah? What about your usual place?” He patted my back.

“Well… It’s been occupied by the new trainee.” I pointed to Lu Han.

“Oh, wait. Let’s go to Lu Han hyung and ask him to move.” What? He’s even older than Joonmyun hyung?! How old is he exactly?!

“Lu Han hyung!” He called him.

“Joonmyun-ah. I told you not to call me hyung. We’re just one ye---” He didn’t finished his sentence as soon as he saw me trailing behind Joonmyun hyung and his face stiffened.

“Okay, okay,  Lu Han. Hmm… I was wondering if you could move a bit? Because Sehun originally occupied this place and he doesn’t have any place anymore.” Joonmyun tried explaining to Lu Han who kept taking nasty glances at me.

“Lu Han, why don’t you move a bit so that Sehun can just stay beside you? Sehun’s a nice kid, you two might get along.” Kris hyung said, smiling at me. Wow, Kris hyung is really caring. Unlike this ‘hyung’ in front of me.

“Yeah, you two will get along really well. And… oh! You two look like each other!” Yixing took equal glances at me and Lu Han, trying to differentiate our faces.

“No, we do not!” We said in unison.

“Oh! They matched!” They started teasing us, earning a blush from me and a glare from Lu Han.

The instructor noticed and scolded us for not paying attention. The others got back to their places while Lu Han and I try to get comfortable with ours. I keep taking involuntarily glimpses of Lu Han who was dancing passionately, copying every movement of the instructor with ease. I tried catching up with the dance steps but to no avail. I was so uncomfortable with Lu Han beside me if it was because of annoyance at his actual earlier or admiration of his graceful movements, I don’t know. But one thing was for sure, I was not dancing well today and to make it worse, I accidentally stepped on Lu Han, making us both lose balance and fall to the ground. I moaned in pain and I breathed heavily from the weight that was above me. I realized that Lu Han was on top of me, his face just inches away from me, and that I was actually hugging him. When Lu Han realized the position we were at, he suddenly pushed me and stood up, making me groan in pain.

“What do you think you’re doing?!” Lu Han shouted at me. Everyone’s attention were at us, even the instructor was interested and stopped.

“Your feet was on the way so I accidentally stepped on it!” I tried to cover the growing blush in my face by shouting back.

“Well, if it weren’t for your lame dancing, you wouldn’t have stepped on me and we wouldn’t fall to the ground!” He retorted, his face fuming.

“What is wrong with you? It was only an accident. Why are you so angry?” I was getting pissed and I wanted to scream in his face.

“Because I don’t like you. You’re so irritating!” He shouted before walking away with Kris hyung and Yixing hyung following him. Kris bowed to the instructor before finally leaving the practice room.

After the Chinese trainees walked out, the dance instructor put a halt to the practice and talked to me.

“Sehun-ah. I know you’re a kind boy so can you just let this incident go and make friends with Lu Han?” He tried to say as calmly as he could.

“What?!” I stood up from my seat.

“Sehun-ah. He’s new here, he’s not used to this. And to top it, he’s a foreigner. Why don’t you let this slide and try to be a bit understanding?”

“But…”

“If you don’t, I’ll pair you two together until you want to quit dancing.” He threatened me.

I just sighed and nodded before leaving the practice room.

 

--------------------

 

The next day, Kai was waiting for me outside the SM building.

“Yo, Sehun!” Kai patted my back.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him. It was the first time Kai has ever waited for me. He usually goes to the practice room the moment he arrives so that he could practice.

“Well, I thought you needed a friend and I’m here. Why don’t we get some coffee? The others are waiting for us at Starbucks.” Kai pulled me and headed to the Starbucks nearby.

I followed him and just thought of what I’ll be buying. I liked coffee and Starbucks is definitely my favorite coffee shop. The moment we entered, we scanned the people for familiar faces. I saw Joonmyun hyung waving at us. He was with Chanyeol hyung, Minseok hyung… Kris hyung, Yixing hyung… and unfortunately, Lu Han. The moment he saw me, we stared at each other… more like gazed at each other, throwing daggers with our eyes.

“Hey, stop glaring. It’s rude.” Joonmyun hyung snapped us back to the world.

“He started it.” I pointed at Lu Han, like a child accusing another for stealing his candy.

“No, I didn’t.” He hissed before standing up to buy coffee.

Kai pushed me to the counter and I was standing in front of the barista, contemplating on what to buy.

“Venti Mocha Frappucino, please.” Two voices were heard at the same time. I looked to my side to see Lu Han gawking at me.

“Why did you order that? That’s my drink.” He snapped at me.

“I ordered because I wanted that. And it’s not your drink. It’s Starbucks’!” I retorted. We heard a cough from the counter to see the barista smiling awkwardly at us. I told her my name and paid her before walking over to the side as soon as I can to avoid Lu Han which failed because he also went to the side to wait for his coffee.

A barista came to the side holding a Venti Mocha Frappucino in his hand.

“Moccha Frappucino for…” Both of us held on to the drink and glared at each other again. We didn’t let go, waiting for the other to give up.

“Excuse me. Moccha Frappucino for Lu Han.” Lu Han sticked out his before finally grabbing the drink. So embarrassing…

I waited for my drink while thinking of the embarrassment I felt when Lu Han’s name was called instead of mine. When I got my drink, I sat down on the chair that I was positive would not have a view of Lu Han. Minseok hyung, out of curiousity, said, “Hey, why are you two like cats and dogs around each other?”

“We’re not cats and dogs. We just don’t get along.” Lu Han said before sipping his drink.

“Yeah, we don’t get along because he’s too cocky.” I muttered, earning another deathful glare from Lu Han despite the barrier which was Chanyeol.

“Hey, hey. Stop fighting.” Chanyeol waved a hand in front of our face to get our attention. “What did the two of you do to each other to act like this? I mean, Lu Han is very bubbly when I met him but with Sehun, he’s so scary. And Sehun, you’re shy and soft-spoken but with Luhan, he’s very grumpy and pissed.”

“Well, if it weren’t for your friend Sehun calling me girly and such, I would be smiling at him right now.” He snapped. I remembered yesterday when I asked Kai about him, I did say the word “girly”.

“I didn’t say that to offend you. And you know, I’m probably not the only one who thinks you’re girly. If you just thought of it as a compliment and acknowledged me when I said hi, I would’ve been making friends with you right now.” I retorted.

“Okay, let me get this straight. Sehun said Lu Han was a girl but Sehun did not mean it in a bad way. But Lu Han didn’t like it so when Sehun said hi, Lu Han ignored him.” Joonmyun hyung asked us and we nodded in agreement. The others were just silent, watching us like we’re some kind of television drama.

“Why don’t you two just make up then? Since both of you did something offensive to each other, you’re equal then.” Kai suggested. We looked at him like he just said the Earth is flat. Lu Han sighed before finally pulling out a hand.“Truce?”

I reached out and held his hand firmly. His hand is so soft. I thought before mentally slapping for having thought of that. I tried smiling a real smile and I could see that he was struggling to give me an honest smile as well.

We went back to the SM building for our daily practice and for the first time since we met, we weren’t bickering. The day ended peacefully.

 

 

 

A/N: Yehey! An update. I finally had the time to do an update for this fic. I hope I didn't disappoint those who waited for it. Please comment out your opinions so I would know how you feel. Thanks for reading!!! ^.^
And thanks to those who noticed the outcome of my stupidity! HAHA. I didn't double-check it before posting 'cause my brother was pestering me to watch an anime that I eventually enjoyed. ^.^