New Life + Proposing You

Forever Love, Never Gonna Be Alone

The next day, after you knew that you got Alzheimer's, you started a new life routine. You didn't go to work. You also did things that you want to do before you forgot everything and left the world. You took photos of your family, having a fun picnic, etc. But there is one thing that bothered you, Chanyeol.

You were afraid to tell him that you got Alzheimer's. You were afraid to left him in this world.

You looked up at the sky, wondering how would their life be without you.

"They might be happy without me," you muttered.

"But they might be sad too," you continued.

You sighed and looked down. You picked up the sandwich and ate it. You finished it off and took the medicine. You packed all things in the basket and stood up. You walked in to your house. You could see there aren't any body there, you just let a big sigh and headed to your room.

You heard your phone ringing, you took your phone and checked who called you. *It's Chanyeol oppa,*

You picked up the phone, "Ne, oppa?"

"How are you Jiwon? I guess we can't meet this week, we have such hectic schedule," he said.

"Ah, it's okay. Just focus on your job, arasseo?" you said.

"Ne, ne, my princess. Oh, I need to go now. Have a nice day!" he said and ended the call.

You sighed. Tears began rolling on your cheek. You covered your face with your own hands.

"Ah, why won't these stupid tears stop rolling?" you mumbled.

You wiped your cheek, but the tears kept rolling. You cried even hard. You sat on your bed weakly.

"I guess I'm getting worse day by day," you said.

The pain smile drew on your face. You took a photo, and slid your fingers on it.

"Chanyeol oppa," you said.

"I'm going to forget everything we had,"

You cried even hard. "And I'm going to leave people I love in this world,"

You placed the photo on your chest. "God, please forgive me," you said.

 

A year passed.

Chanyeol still didn't have any idea of your illness. You and your family were still hiding it.

It was a romantic dinner in an expensive restaurant. Chanyeol took something from his pocket. You looked at him curiosly as he smirked. He then finally put a red box with a ring in it.

He cleared his throat. "Kim Jiwon, my dearest girlfriend," he said.

"Yes?" you responded, with a confused look.

"Would you be my fiancee?" he proposed.

In a second, you grew happy because he proposed you. But you then remembered about your Alzheimer's. You froze up in place, and gulped. You gave him a weak smile, "I think I need some time to think about it," you said.

His face turned into a sad expression. He sighed and closed the box.

"Tell me when you're ready," he said.

"I'm sorry," you said.

"No, no, it's okay, really," he said.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you sad," you said.

"I just need some time to think about it,"

He smiled. "It's okay, just think about it carefully, okay?" he said.

You nodded. "Ne,"

The two of you went home. He waved you good bye, and you waved him back. The car left your house. You turned back and headed to the door. You felt a headache. Good thing you pressed the doorbell before the pain came. You fell on the floor, holding your head. You saw your mother panicked. She quickly helped you to get up. She called your father to bring you upstairs.

"My husband! I need help!" she yelled.

He ran to the front door and saw your pale face.

"Ah, okay okay" he said.

He grabbed your hand and lifted you up. Soon, you were in your bedroom. You saw your mother with a worried look, your father was standing near the window.

"Umma, what happened to me?" you asked.

"You fainted on the front door, honey," she said.

She took the medicine bottle and handed it to you. "Here, drink it," she asked.

You took it. You felt a little better after took the medicine.

"Umma," you called.

"Ne?"

"Chanyeol oppa asked me today," you said.

"He wants me to be his fiancee,"

She softened at your words. She knew you were happy, but knowing that you got Alzheimer's, it's almost impossible for you to be engaged with him.

"What do you think?" you cracked at your voice. Your mother could feel the pain in your heart.

"Jiwon-ah, if you want to, why won't you accept it?" your father asked.

You stayed silent. "Appa, do you forget that I got Alzheimer's?" you asked.

"But you want to be happy with him, don't you?" he asked.

Your eyes were watery. The tears could fall any time.

"Just spend your time with him before you forget all things," he said.

"Stop it," your mother said.

"Jiwon-ah, took a rest, okay?" she said.

She kissed your forehead and left you. Your father looked at you. "Jiwon-ah, do what you want before you forget us," he said.

"Good night," with that, he left you.

*Appa was right, I must accept him,*

You driftened to sleep after they left you. *I hope I didn't choose the wrong decision,*