Chapter 8

Fate Will Find A Way

 

It’s 5:54 now. You’re class ended 4:30 today. There is no one in the campus by this time, since those who clean and check the rooms left early today.

 

Waiting for the time to come, you are on the 4th floor of the main building, sitting on the hallway with DaeSung. He holds your shaking hands, and looked at you.

 

“___________, everything will be fine, if something happens, run away from him. I’ll be here waiting. I’ll get him if it’s needed. But I know you can hurt him, if he will hurt you”, he said as giving you a smile though you can see in his eyes that he is very nervous.

 

You then stood up and fixed yourself. You sighed, and smiled back.

 

“Nothing to worry, nothing’s going to happen.”, you said.

 

He smiled again, as you then let go of your hands to him, and started to walk away, heading yourself to the staircase leading to the rooftop.

 

The stairs is on the end of the 4th floor’s main hallway. It’s a bit dark now, the only thing that makes the staircase visible, is the hallway’s emergency light positioned on the wall near it. DaeSung was even the one who turned it on.

 

You faced this 13-step staircase. You look at each step, until your eyes reach the door leading to the rooftop. You took a deep breath, and look back at DaeSung who was looking at you as well, sitting on the floor.

 

“_______________. I won’t leave you, I promise.”, he said

 

You nodded, and turn back to the staircase. You started to move your feet, taking each step slowly. You even count each step you make just to get rid of that nervous feeling you are having.

 

In an instant, you have reached the door to get in the rooftop.

 

“He won’t do anything to me, I know he wouldn’t. And if he does, I know what to do”, you said to yourself

 

You held the doorknob, turned it slowly, and opened the door. You then heard its clicking sound, like giving you the signal that it’s open.

 

You pulled the door slowly, thinking something might surprise you in opening it. But, there was nothing.

You took a step out, and looked around but there was nothing you see. It was a plain open area, surrounded with very thick concrete. It is elevated enough, covering a person from its waist down into his feet. Making it impossible for him to fall down when he leans on it. You walk towards these borders, and saw the city lights start to glow. Every color from every structure you see catches your attention, leaving you astonished. You have never seen the city that bright, that colorful. Though you are just one ride away from there, it seemed like a place you have never been and have never seen before.

 

You look up, and saw how the moon starts to appear, and the light of the sun gradually disappearing. Stars begin to appear one by one, glittering like diamonds. Enthralled. The scene catches your eyes right away. You have never seen the sky that beautiful.

 

“I can see you were mesmerized, huh?”, a voice coming from behind you said

 

You turn around saw JiYong standing a few steps away from you. You looked at him from top to bottom and notice something so strange.

He stands in front of you so clean, like even a single drop of sweat didn’t fall out off his body the whole day. His uniform is perfectly worn, and no wrinkle can be seen.

As a cold breeze passes by, you inhaled his manly scent which surprised you. For all this time you were sitting beside him and talking to him, you have never smelled that kind of scent from him, and even to other guys you already met.

 

You saw him shake his head, and smile.

 

“Follow me.”, he said as he walks to the other side of the rooftop.

“Follow you…”, you said to yourself as you took a step.

 

“Why would I? What’s going on? God, please tell me nothing bad is going to happen . I didn’t intend to bump him that time, you know that right…”, you continued while making each step, following him .

 

You saw him stop in a corner, and placed his bag over these thick boundaries. He opened his bag, and pulls out a white paper bag. He holds it, turns back, and headed towards you.

 

“Here.”, he said as he hands over that white paper bag he was holding.

“What is it?”, you ask in confusion

 

You opened the paper bag, and saw a white long sleeve polo stained with coffee. Realizing, it was his. The one he was wearing yesterday, the one he was wearing when you bumped at him.

 

“Ya! Are you trying to play games with me?”, you said in an angry tone,  as you pull out the uniform out from the paper bag.

 

“No I’m not. I’m giving you that one, so you can clean it.”, he said as he crosses his arms, answering you back

            “You want me to clean this?”, you asked him as you raise your eyebrows, throwing him his uniform.

           

He uncrosses his arm, and catching his uniform you’ve thrown at him.

 

            “Ya! I’m being nice, to you. I just asked you to clean this, that’s all. It’s simple. Just return it to me within this week.”, he said as he fixes his uniform, looking at it care fully.

 

He then hands his uniform again back to you. He looks at you for the first time with sincerity in his eyes. Like, he really means what he said.

           

You sighed, and moved your hand toward his, getting the uniform from him. As his hand and your hand met, you felt a tingling sensation going up to your fingers and down to your spine. For a minute, your hand was over his. You feel his hands were so warm

 

“Aish! Fine.”, you said as you grab his uniform from him.

“That’s it, you can go now.”, he then turns away heading back to his bag who was placed in the corner.
            “That’s it? You’re not going to hurt me or punch me? ”, you asked, looking at him as you were surprised he didn’t do anything violent on you.

“Why? You were expecting something?”, he asked as he fixes his things

 

He then turns back at you, and took a deep breath. He smiled, since he was also surprised that you asked him that kind of question.

 

“But, the past incidents…”, you answered

“You see, I really don’t hurt anyone if needed. And besides, you’re a girl.”, he said

You then laughed loud, giving him a teased feeling.

 

“Just because I’m a girl, you wouldn’t hurt me? Are you that coward? Everyone is scared of you, didn’t you know that? ”, you asked as you place your hands on your hips, teasing him.

 

“I won’t. And I’m telling you, I’m not coward.”, he then said looking at you in confusion.

 

 

You then dropped your things on the floor, making your way towards the corner. You step up on this elevated border of the rooftop. Standing there with your hands on your hips.

 

 

“________________. It’s dangerous, you might fall out of the building, get down from there.”, he said nervously as he looks up to you so tensed.

 

“I would go down if you’d prove to me you’re not a coward in front of a girl who bumped on you, making your coffee spill down on your uniform.”, you said

 

“Aish. You go down; if you’d go down I would prove it. I swear.”, he said reaching his hands to you, so that you’d grab on something when you go down.

 

Still, you were that consistent. You looked away, left his hands waiting for you to grab on. You took a step back, realizing you’re left foot have reached the end of the concrete border making you out of your balance.

 

For a moment, everything stopped. Like you feel that you’d be falling out of the school building. Like everything will end in a flash.

 

Until…