Chapter 11

Fate Will Find A Way

 

You decided to give the necklace personally to him, but since he isn’t around, you’ve thought of bringing it in his home.

Since it looked like something valuable, you had to do it. And something tells you, you need to.

Unfortunately, you don’t know where he’s living.

 

The moment your last class ended, you rush your way out of your room. You’ve thought of asking some of his classmates, knowing maybe some of them knew where he lives.

And you’re quite lucky.

 

You’ve just asked the third person you saw going out of their last class, and he told you knew where he lives.

            He even told you that he can accompany you going to his place, since he just passed by the street where JiYong’s house is located.

           

            You went out of the school, and walked for like a minute or two. You then reach very quiet street, a few blocks away from your school. His classmate just asked you to go that street, and look for a 2-storey house with the brown roof. He then bids farewell, since he has to be home by that time.

 

            You took a walk into this street, seeing only few people around you. Your eyes looked around in search of his house. And surprisingly, you saw it right away.

 

            It was a simple 2-storey house. Its walls are painted with white, and its roof and borders are colored in brown. Windows are quite big and tinted, and protected with jalousies.

            But what’s surprising is the garden in front of his house. Every plant looks so healthy, that they were taken care very much. Flowers bloom, like making such a beautiful greeting to anyone who enters his home. Quite unexpected to see this kind of house to someone who has that strong personality.

 

            You then saw a path, made of rocks leading a way to the main door of his house. You took each step one by one, as your eyes continue to gaze at his house.

            You stopped in front of the main door, and looked for something that would make him know that someone is in front of his house now.

            But you didn’t found any.

            You’ve started knocking on his door, but no one’s answering. You’ve tried knocking again, in a little louder this time, but still no one’s answering. No sound of response was even made.

            You held the doorknob and turned it, thinking it is open. And to your surprise, yes it is.

            You opened the door slowly not making any sound, while you slowly peek inside his home.

            You then remove your shoes in its door step, took a step in, having a thought that he just didn’t hear you knocking.

            You walk on its tiled floor, and looked around you. You were so surprised, that even in his own home he’d be that clean. The black-leathered sofa looked new, like no one has ever seated on it, as it was placed near the window. It is facing a rectangular center table which is placed one or two steps away from it. A Chinese calligraphy is framed, hanging on its cream colored wall. Beside the wall where the calligraphy is placed, a wooden stairs leading to the second floor of the house is seen.

            You walked a little further and you’ve reached its dining area. It only has a squared wooden table, with 4 seats. You looked to your left, and saw a long drawer standing, and leaning against the wall. You walked closer and saw three picture frames displayed on top of it.

            You looked at the first picture frame from your left, and saw a very cute boy about 3 or 4 years old sitting on a swing. He was wearing a white polo shirt tucked in his blue pants and a baby blue rubber shoes on his feet. You saw how he blasts out that adorable smile from his face, and how cute his eyes are as they nearly disappeared when he smiled so brightly.

           

He’s so adorable.”, you said to yourself, as you get the frame from the drawer.

            You took a closer look at the picture,  and realize it was JiYong way back when he was a playful little kid. You were so astonished, that JiYong could be that so endearing before. Well, though you admit, that up to now he’s good-looking. You have never seen that cute side of his.

             

            “I can’t believe you have that charming side of yours.”, you said to yourself with a sweet smile on your face, as you place back the frame from its position.

 

            You looked at the second frame, and saw the same JiYong. But this time he was sitting on the lap of a woman, about 30’s. She has a long black hair resting on her shoulders, angelic eyes that show calmness in her, a very sweet smile from her face that can catch anyone’s attention right away. Her skin is fair and perfect, that she looks reserved and careful on all she does.

            “She’s so pretty.”, you said to yourself, as your eyes to continue to gaze at the picture.

            You saw her hands, wrapped around his waist. And suddenly, you saw something familiar. 

            “The ring?”, you said to yourself, in shock.

           

She was wearing the ring you found on your school earlier, the one who caught your attention, the one and only reason why you went to JiYong’s house.

 

            A loud thud coming from upstairs then distracts you. Not knowing what it is, you unhurriedly placed the frame back to the drawer, and walked slowly making sure you won’t make any sound.

            You stopped in front of the wooden stairs, and took each of its steps carefully. The moment your feet reached the last step, you saw a door on your left, as it was slightly open.

            You walk towards it unhurriedly, and pushed the door carefully. You slowly move your head and took a peek inside, since you still don’t what or who made such loud sound.

 

            Until your jaw drops in shock, in tense.

 

            You saw JiYong lying down on the floor. Shivering. As he look so pale and weak. His arms are wrapped around his legs, as his mouth trembles, whispering something.

 

            You rushed yourself to his side, sat down on the floor, and dropped all your things            .

 

“JiYong, wake up! Wake up! What happened to you?”, you said anxiously, as your hand holds his cold and shivering hands, while your other hand taps his shoulder, trying to wake him up.

 

            He didn’t answer your question nor even wake up. He continues to shiver, and breathe heavily. You touched his forehead, and the side of his neck then realizing he has a fever.

 

            “Oh no! You have a fever…”, you said nervously, in tense, in so much worry.

 

            You grabbed the pillow from his bed, placing it on the floor, resting his head over it. You saw a folded thick blanket near his feet, covered him with it.

            Finally, he responded. His hands let go from yours, and slowly pulled the blanket over him until it reached his neck, covering him.

           

            “…I’ll just get a cold water and a cloth, okay?”, you said, as your hand caress his soft black, while your other hand is rests in his right arm.

           

You were about to stand from where you are positioned, but you were surprised that his cold hand reaches you right away.

 

            “D-d-don’t… le-leaa-leave…”, he uttered in a shaky voice, as his hand holds yours so tight, that he never wants to let you go.

 

            You slowly feel your cheeks starts to heat up, and your hands begin to be cold as well. Your face starts to draw a smile, and felt your heart beating fast. It’s your first time to hear such words, and it even came from a man you have never expected to say this to you.

           

            “I won’t, I promise.”, you said in a low voice, as you place your other hand over his tight grip, and smiled.

 

            You slowly feel his cold hands starting to be warm, and a sign of relief can be seen his face. Sign that someone is taking care of him, a sign that he’s happy its you who’ll be with him.