Chapter 10

Fate Will Find A Way

 

You started your day early, thinking everything would be normal. Though you had a hard time sleeping, since every time you close your eyes, his everything you see. And every time you open them, and turn to the other side of your bed, facing your study area, you would see the paper bag he gave. And the words he said to you in your biology class, just kept on repeating again and again like music.

 

“… something I love.”, he said in a low voice as his eyes didn’t tried to keep his sight away from yours.

 

It even rained that night. You were hoping the rain would wash away the memories happened on that day, but it can’t and it can never be.

 

You went through your daily routine, and head your way to your school.

 

DaeSung didn’t go with you today, since he went to school earlier than you. He sent a message this morning, telling you he has to pass a project this early so he could get an additional grade.

 

You can’t say no, since he’s a little conscious on his grades.

 

You arrived at your school, exactly 6:20. Only few students can be seen around, since most of them arrive at 6:40 to 6:45. All classes begin at exactly 7.

 

But something is kind of weird.

 

Everyone seemed to have what happened to you yesterday. You, being asked by JiYong to go to the rooftop. Though they are only few people, something has really changed. You don’t feel their eyes eating you like the past 2 days. There was even one student, whom you remembered that stared at you for a long time yesterday, gave you a bright smile today, and even said “Hi!” to you.

 

“Something is really different.”, you said to yourself as you smiled back to that girl.

Your first class for the day is English, your favorite subject. Unfortunately, there is something that bothers you now.

 

Your English class is in Room-4C, located on the 4th floor.

 

Just beside the stairs going up to the rooftop. Where you two talked last night, where you two accidentally kissed.

 

 

            The moment you made your way through its hallway, you had nothing on your mind but that incident. Every time you close your eyes, the scene pops-out in your vision, and you feel his lips are still attached to yours.

 

            You sat on the hallway, just outside your room since you can’t get in. The door’s locked, and you’ll have to wait for your class president, because he has a spare key.

 

            The hallway is wide enough for a lot of people to pass by. A column of glass windows are also placed just in front of each room, which helps everyone to see that beautiful view of your school.

 

You try not to make yourself bored, as you’ve thought of browsing your notes for the first subject. And you wanted to keep your eyes focused on something just so you wouldn’t look around you.

 

You were looking at your notes, and suddenly you saw an unanswered assignment of yours. Thinking no one would be coming yet, you decided to answer it. You looked for a pen in your bag, which is placed beside you.

 

But as you were about to turn back to your notes, something had just caught your attention.

You stood up from your position, and walked near the stairs. You stopped in front of it, as your hand reaches for something on the floor.

 

It’s a silver necklace, with a silver ring pendant.

 

You look at it with so much curiosity in your eyes. Why would such a pretty thing be left in here?

  Though the necklace is just plain silver, the ring just captured your attention right away.

It’s a shiny silver ring, with a little white pearl on it. Small round diamonds are even placed shaped like a teardrop falling down, as the pearl is placed at the end of it like making its way through the teardrop.

 

You were so fascinated. You were even thinking of keeping it, but you weren’t that bad to do it. You decided to keep it in your pocket, thinking there might be someone who’ll be looking for it. Since the ring looks that valuable, you know someone will be so sad losing this kind of precious thing.

 

Just after you placed it inside your pocket, your class president had just arrived. You then grabbed your things that was placed on the floor, and entered your classroom not looking back. Since you are also in a rush, that you haven’t answered one item from your assignment.

 

 

 

            It’s lunchtime. You are sitting on the corner of the cafeteria, all alone on this table with 4 chairs. You are waiting and looking for DaeSung, since you haven’t seen him almost half of this day.

            You haven’t finished your meal already, because you’re attention is all on the necklace. You kept on staring at it, that even your fingers caress it gently.

 

            So much focused on the necklace and the ring, you didn’t notice someone is coming.

 

            “______________~ah. Is it true? Is it really true?”, a man’s voice exclaimed.

            You looked who it was, and saw SeungRi as he stares at you with that sad look in his eyes. You are then so confused of his look, as you ask yourself what’s wrong this time?

 

            “What are you talking about?”, you said, while looking at him with question in your eyes, placing the necklace on the table.

 

            He then sat beside you, as he held your hands. He continues to stare at you with that look. And still you are so confused with what he’s talking about.

 

            “Did you and JiYong went to the rooftop yesterday? What did he do to you? Did he hurt you?”, he asked . And right after he spoke, you see his mouth pout like a baby.

 

It’s quite funny that throughout the time you are here in the cafeteria, you felt you already forgot what happened yesterday.  And that necklace you saw just caught your attention making you so focused on it.

 

But here you are, facing SeungRi as he tries to open a conversation about it.

 

            “Calm down, nothing happened. He didn’t do anything wrong, he didn’t hurt me.”, you said as you smiled to him, like giving him a calm feeling just so he would come down.

 

            “Are you sure?”, he asked as he let go of your hands, as he suddenly your and even placed it at the back of your ears.

            “Aish. That guy! If I’d see him again, I would really beat him this time.”, he said in a loud voice, as he looks away like looking for him. You can see it from his face that he’s really mad.

            “Stop it. You’re acting like a kid.”, you said as you look back to the necklace you were holding a while ago.

            “No I’m not…”, he said as he pouts his mouth while looking at you.

            “_____________~ah, can I sit here beside you? I’ll eat here okay?”, he said as he moved closer to you and starts to eat.

            You didn’t say anything as you kept on looking and playing with necklace you are holding. Many hours had already passed, and still no one is looking for it.

 

            “SeungRi…”, you said while staring at the necklace.

            “Yes?”, he asked, as he wipes his mouth with tissue.

            “Do you know who owns this one?”, you said, showing him the necklace you are holding.

           

            He stares at it for a minute, and then looks away. He thinks really hard just to know who owns the necklace.

 

            “No, actually. But the necklace looks really familiar…”, he said as he even touched it. You can see it from his eyes that he’s really sure about it.

            “…Ah! Yes.”, he said as he snapped his fingers.

            “You know now?”, you asked, placing the necklace back to the table

            “Well,I’m not really sure if he owns that one. I’m really not sure.”, he said as he looked at it again.

            “Just tell me, who do you think he is?”, you said

            “I think it belongs to JiYong. I saw him once holding that, and he keeps on staring at it. When he saw me, looking at him he suddenly placed it back to his pocket then glared at me and walked away…”, he said as he now play with his food. Slicing it into tiny pieces, you could see it in his eyes that he’s a bit pissed to JiYong.

            “…Aish! That man again, why does he have to be in our conversation always?”, he continued, as he looked at you.

           

            Speechless. Him again? Why are these things happening? Everything seemed to have a connection with this man. And SeungRi is right, is he that powerful that in any conversation I make, he’d be always the topic?

 

            “I…I don’t know.”, you said, looking away.

           

            You looked back at SeungRi, and something caught your attention. You saw his I.D. , with his name and section. SeungRi was even surprised and confused on how you looked at him. You gazed on his ID, thinking something really deep.

 

            Lee SeungHyun

            2nd-Year, Section III.

           

            You remembered, SeungRi and JiYong are in one section. Thinking of not seeing JiYong, you had something in your mind.

           

            “________________~ah, what’s wrong?”, he asked as he stared at you the way you stare at his I.D.

 

            “SeungRi, you and JiYong are in one class, right?”, you asked, while tapping his shoulders

            “Yes. Why?”, he replied asked, as he was also surprised you’d be asking that.

            “Can you give this to him?”, you asked, as your hands slowly get the necklace on the table.

            “Aish. ___________~ah. I can do anything and everything you ask, just say it. I will do it whole-heartedly. But bringing that, especially to that man, is a big no no. You know how much I don’t like him, he’s so bossy. And besides…” he said as he looked at you in a minute, then looked at the other side of cafeteria, where there are glass windows.

            “Besides what?”, you asked as you tap his arms, like telling him to look at you.

            “I haven’t seen him, since this morning. Maybe on our afternoon class as well.”, he said, arranging the plate he used for eating.

 

            Quite surprising. He’s absent? You know him as someone so quiet in class, and the person everyone gets scared about. But he’s very hard working, he never missed any class. You haven’t seen him not around the campus like in a day.

 

            You let out a sigh, since fate looked like she’s playing games on you.

 

            “I guess I will be the one who’ll give this to him. Oh my! Please just tell me nothing’s going to happen, this time”, you said to yourself, placing the necklace back to your bag.

 

            You didn’t finish your meal, since your class will start in about 5 minutes. SeungRi waited for you, as you went up for your classes together. You can’t focus on your class, since you’re having a hard time thinking on how you’ll give this to him. On how are you going to face him after that embarrassing moment that happened.