Chapter 7

Fate Will Find A Way

 

The colored bright yellow light of the sun touches your face, as you stare at those big trees swaying along the beat of the wind. The soccer field is empty every morning, but fallen leaves do seem to know where to play at. You can see few people rushing themselves going in the campus because it’s almost 15 minutes before the school gates will be closed.

The view seems the same everyday, but it gives you a relaxing feeling. That’s why you always sit next to the window.

“It’s quite a good day after all.”, you said to yourself.

“Yes, I think so.”, a voice then interrupts your own moment

You slowly look back, and to your surprise. It was JiYong, staring at the window. It seems he’s also captivated by the school’s ambiance every morning.

You saw him smile a bit, and for a minute he then goes back his attention to his things, fixing them with so much care.

            You look at him, and observed how he takes care of his things, how he neatly places his notebook, his book, his pen, over his desk. How he carefully arranges it all.

 

            “What are you looking at?”, he asked as he then opens his notebook, and stops in a blank page.

            “Nothing.”, you said as you look away, staring yourself back on the window.

 

You try not to look back at him, but something keeps telling you to do so. You move your eyes slightly, stealing a glance at him. You see him getting a pencil on his bag, face his notebook, and made his imagination and talent meet. You saw how he starts to sketch something in his notebook, not minding anything around him. But for a minute, you saw his eyes moving slowly, making its way to sneak a quick look on you. As soon as his eyes met yours, he looks back at his work, and saw his cheeks turn red.

 

You were quite surprised of his reaction. In the first place, why would he react that way? Why would he blush? Is there something I need to know?

 

“Do you always have that passion in drawing?”, you asked.

“I guess so. It’s something I have loved, and will love to do.”, he said as he continues to focus on his drawing, not looking at you.

 

Surprised. You’ve never expected that he’d reply to you in a good mood, but after all, it was the first time you’d ever talk to him that way.

 

“What are those things you typically draw?”, you asked

“Well, it can be something that attracts my attention, something I like and…”, he said as you saw a smile starting to be drawn from his face.

 

He then drops his pencil, and turns away from his work. He then turns to you, stares so deep into your eyes, making you blush for the first time.

 

“… something I love.”, he said in a low voice as his eyes didn’t tried to keep his sight away from yours.

 

You were so stunned by what he said.  Thoughts came into your mind, as his answer sounded quite different. It seems his mouth responded the right answer, but his eyes relayed a special meaning.

 

“Like… like the view? Fr-from outside?”, you said as you keep on staring at him, while your hand points out on the window.

“Yes…”, he said as he then moves away his eyes from yours, and looks at the window.

“…Yes, like the view outside.”, he continued

 

He then goes back to his work and sketches again. You were about to say something once more, but your teacher now entered the room making you all quiet.

 

You stared back at the window, and recalled what he said earlier. And to your surprise, a smile then slowly can be seen in your face.

 

 

The class ended, and you all leave the room for your next class in another room. You two will then be separated, as different schedules are given to each section. Biology class is the only class you’ve got to mixed up with other sections.

 

You followed him, and called his name a lot of times. He then stops near the classroom’s door, and turned back to you.

 

“By the way, don’t forget. It’s today, at the rooftop. 6PM.”, he said and started to walk away.

You walked out of the room, and saw him walk back heading towards you.

 

“Another thing, even though I answered you properly earlier, it doesn’t mean I’m nice. I’m still that person, everyone gets scared about.” , he then turns his head , and walks away.

 

You saw everyone, looking at you. They were still aware of what will happen to you. You can hear them whispering, because some of them saw you talking with JiYong on your class. You tried to ignore them and started to walk slowly, as you feel so many eyes, following every step you make.

 

The bell rang, giving you all the sign that the next class will start. As, the ringing sound starts to fade, you feel every eyes looking at you slowly vanish.