Chapter 6

Fate Will Find A Way

 

You woke up early that day, even though you slept late.  You still remember how you go back and forth from your bed to your sofa since your mind doesn’t welcome anything and anyone but JiYong. How he stared at you when you bumped at each other, how he held your chin to move your face close to him, how you had a great view of his features, and most especially drawing a portrait of you. You never thought you’d be thinking about someone that long. You never thought someone would do that to you; someone would make you feel something different.

 

You sat on the side of your bed, looking at the floor. You tried everything just to stop thinking about him, but you just can’t. He’s like a disease that is getting into you slowly, that is penetrating your whole body gently. But unlike any other disease, this is alarming. Alarming, not because it’s fatal, but you feel something different towards it.

 

A knock on the door made you move from your position. It was your mom, telling you to move now, since she knows that by this time you are already awake. You then took a bath and then fixed yourself, as you get ready for another day.  You ate your breakfast so fast, since DaeSung was already outside waiting for you. You always go to school, and go home together.  As you walk out the door, you saw him right away.

 

“Ya! What’s with that?”, he asked giving you a worried look

“Why? What’s wrong?” you said while touching your face thinking there might be something wrong with your appearance.

“I’m not talking about that. Your eyes. Your eyes tell me something is bothering you.”, he said

“You already know it, right?”, you said as you started to walk slowly

“Aish ! Rooftop!  I almost forgot…”. He said as he follows you

“…Don’t go to school now. Something might happen.”, he continued as he grabs your hand pulling you back to your home.

“No! That’s not what I was talking about. You told me yesterday, we’d talk about it. But you forgot it.”, you said as you let go of your hands from him. Looking at him, showing that bothered expression of yours

“Ah. What was it again?”, he asked while scratching his head

You glare at him, you know he has an idea of what you are talking about.

“I was just kidding! Don’t glare at me.”, he said as he wraps his arms around you.

“Tell me now.”, you said while looking at him , giving him a smile since you knew that the conversation will be starting to get serious

“Well, do you remember how I used to write poems to the girl I sat beside with during my Math class last year?”, he asked

“Yeah! You almost got her with that. Why?”, you replied

He stopped for a minute, looked into your eyes and smiled.

“A man who doesn’t know how to say it, grabs a paper and pen. Well, in his case, he used a pencil. And he used his talent in drawing.”, he said

“Wait. I really don’t understand this.”, you said in confusion, as you then stop walking. You looked at him with confused eyes.

He then places his hand on your head, tapping it slightly.

“I think I’m not the right person to explain it all further.”, he said as he gave you a bright smile.

“I don’t un…”,

DaeSung didn’t allow you to speak, as he covers your mouth with his hands.

“Don’t ask me again, remember what I told you earlier, alright?”, he said as he slowly removes his hand from your mouth and runs away from you so fast.

 

You followed him right away, while shouting his name. You know he was just trying to make you happy, and he’s just trying to remove that bothered look of yours. That’s what he always does to you, even when you two were still young.

 

You ran quite far now, as you see him stopped in front of the school’s gate. He then raises his hand, and gives you a signal to move faster.

As you reached the school’s gate, he again grabs your hand as he drags you in the campus.

“Ya! If anything happens later, I’ll be downstairs waiting for you. Tell me about it right away, okay?”, he said as he continues to drag you in going inside the main building of your campus.

“Yes…I promise.”, you said in a low voice.

You are worried of what will happen to you on that day. No one has an idea of what JiYong can do. Although, you keep in mind that he wouldn’t hurt someone like you. You’re a girl, what do you think he could do? He’s probably the worst person in the world if he’d do that.

 

You and DaeSung entered the main building as he continues to drag you going to your room. You look around and saw students staring at you as you passed by them. They were so quiet. The once noisy and crowded hallways are full of deafening silence. Their eyes slowly eat you down, as they stare at you. 

 

“Don’t mind them”, DaeSung then spoke

You couldn’t say anything. But in the back of your mind, you are really scared. You also hate it when other people stare at you like that, especially when you didn’t do anything wrong at all.

 

DaeSung then stops in front of a room as he lets go of your hand. You look up, and saw a sign saying, “Biology 2-A”.

 

Your first class for the day is Biology. You remember you are sitting beside him in this class. You continue to stare at the sign, when you feel a tap at the back.

“___________________~ah ! How are you?”, a voice from behind said

You look back and saw SeungRi leaning against the room’s door.

“Your first class is Biology, right?”., he asked with a smile on his face

“Yes. Why?”, you asked.

“I…”

“Excuse me.”, a familiar voice made SeungRi stopped speaking

 

SeungRi then looks back knowing it came from there. You didn’t bother looking at who it was, as you then stare blankly to the floor.

“Ya!”. Daesung then whispered in your ears as he places his hands on your shoulders.

You looked at him, and saw him staring straight at a guy standing just near SeungRi.

You moved your head slowly, and looked at the direction where DaeSung and SeungRi are staring.

You didn’t move from your position as your eyes looked surprised. Your heart beats fast, as you slowly feel a cold breeze gets in the hallways, making you freeze in your position.

“Ah. JiYong-ssi !”, SeungRi then began to speak.

SeungRi began to stand still, as he smiled making JiYong uncomfortable since he doesn’t like SeungRi. Well, not him actually, its just he doesn’t like people who get too much attention.

You saw him early today. It’s quite unusual too see him early morning because he always gets to school late or on time.

“Excuse me, you’re blocking the way.”. JiYong then spoke as he glares at SeungRi

SeungRi glared back at JiYong as he slowly moves aside, making a way for him. 

JiYong walked slowly as they stared at each other eye to eye without any blinking.

           

He slowly turns his head, and saw you standing in front of him. Surprised.  He looked into your eyes so deep, relaying something. You feel uncomfortable, yet you continue staring back at him. It’s as if his eyes hypnotizes yours and is telling you to keep on looking at him.

A sudden movement of his mouth then distracted you. Like he was going to say something, but he’s stopping himself from doing so. 

You waited for the moment, he’d be talking but it seems he really can’t.  You sighed, like you’re so frustrated, and you’ve really waited for this moment to come.

An unexpected force came into your hands, making you push the classroom’s door.

“I’m going in.” , you said as you turn your head away from him, looking back at DaeSung as he responded back with a nod.

You entered the room in a dash, as your entrance shocked everyone in there. You sat in the chair placed at the last row, positioned your bag on your side. You looked at the window, thinking, as questions came into your mind.

“What is it this time? Why did I expect he’d say something to me? Why did I stare at him that way? And what’s keeping him so timid right now? I still remember how he held my chin and pulled my face closer to his. How he talked to me, and stared at me. Was he surprised to see me? Was there something in my face that made him looked at me like that? I’am going crazy. I’ve never been like this..”, you said to yourself

You continue to stare at the window, and didn’t notice someone approaching. He then places his bag on the desk, making every move slowly. Like he’s watching you carefully. He then fixes himself, and sits beside you.