Chapter 1

Fate Will Find A Way

 

Dismissal time.

Students scatter all over the campus. You can see others going home, some of them sat along the benches placed underneath these big and marvelous trees, chatting or waiting for their other peers to come. Some of the guys are practicing on the soccer field. Trying to catch attention, maybe. Well, some girls can’t help but watch some of those cute guys you can’t find in classrooms.

Unfortunately, you can’t join them at the moment. 

You’re carrying these loads of books the librarian asked you to get in the storage area. You just can’t say no to her, since she’s your aunt. She helped you enter this school. Your mom advised you to help her in any way you can, she told you its one way of expressing how grateful you are of what she had done.

You decided to take a rest and sat on one of the benches, while placing the books just beside you. Your arms started to ache. Imagine, carrying books that are really thick, and walking along the campus for almost 10 minutes and you haven’t reach the library yet.

“Gosh, Is this the way I’ll express my gratitude. It’s so tiring.” , you said to yourself as you rub those aching arms of yours.

 

You grab your bag from behind, and opened it. You looked for your water bottle, but it wasn’t there.

“Where in the world…”, you said as you started to scatter your things inside your bag, to double check.

 

In one blink, one person came into your mind right away.

 

“No!”, you shouted in an irritated tone

 

You fixed your things, got up and started to carry these loads of books once again. This time you are walking in a hurry. You didn’t mind these books already covering your face. You did not bother arranging it properly, since you are in a dash. You just can’t wait to take revenge on this person.

As you enter the main building of the campus, you passed by these freshmen students who asked for your help in their math subject. They tried getting your attention.

 

“What are these loads of books for, (insert your name here)?”, one of them asked

But you didn’t respond. You didn’t even bother looking at them. But they can see in your eyes that you’re up for something.

 “Oh no ! There she is once again.”, one of them said as fear can be drawn  in their faces.

 

You rushed up to the third floor, where the library is located. Catching your breath. Sweat continually falls from your face. Your eyes looked really scary, that no one ever tried to stop you. Those who passed by and saw you along the way hurriedly went down the stairs. You didn’t mind and continued walking; as your mind prepares the words it will say when you’ll see that person.

Focused so much, you didn’t notice someone is coming your way.

 The guy didn’t seem to notice you at all as well. He has his phone and a cup of coffee in his hands. He was quite busy on his phone, that he wasn’t looking  where he was going.

Everyone in the hallway knows what will happen next. Some are scared, really scared. Others thought it’ll be a clash, a really big clash.