Chapter 14

Fate Will Find A Way

Things began to feel different after that day.

Your class is already done for this day. Inside the library, you are waiting for DaeSung to finish his class. He told you he wants to treat you out for dinner, and he wants to tell you something important.

Really important.

So you have no choice, but to say yes, even if you have to a lot of things to do for this day.

Sitting at the corner of the room, you are reading your lessons discussed today. Few students are seen during this hour, since the juniors and the seniors will be out by 4:30. They are the only ones who frequently stay at library, doing research papers, home works, etc.

But, you as a sophomore, you still enjoy your high school life.

You are browsing your notes, trying to absorb everything discussed today in your biology class (since you’re having a hard time about it). But you just can’t absorb everything now.

After everything that happened between you and JiYong, you can’t seem to look into his eyes now, even stay near him for a long time.

Earlier, you even went back to your class room after seeing him sitting at the hallway, sketching. You can’t even focus on your biology class, as you kept on staring at the window, not wanting to see him or to look at him. Your teacher even called you twice just to make you look at the board.

Well, it’s not only you who’s avoiding actually.

You don’t know what to do; you are thinking of what other people might say if they’ll be able to know what happened at the rooftop, at his home, and him taking you to your home.

And you have this different kind of feeling you can’t explain.

“You looked so focused, eh?”, DaeSung said, as he was standing behind you. You are so surprised, since you knew he still has class.

“Ya! You scared me!”, you said, as you look back at your notes again.

“Ya~~~”,DaeSung said as he sat beside you, and tries to get your notebook.

You look at him with an annoyed look. He smiled, as he placed your notebook on the table.

“Let’s go now, I’ll treat you, remember?”, he said, as he stands up, then grabs your bag that was placed on the table.

“You need to tell me first where we will go.”, you said with your arms crossed.

“We’ll go to the city. Eat something, have a talk. Let’s have some fun. Aren’t you tired of studying?”, he asked, as he slowly walked backwards.

“I think I should be the one asking that question to you.”, you said, with a smile on your face.

You then stand up and follow him, while carrying some of your books/notebooks you used a while ago. You passed by one of DaeSung’s classmate first; you ask help from her for your Biology class. And without hesitations, she said yes.

            It’s almost quarter to 5. You had just rode the bus, going downtown. DaeSung kept on annoying you along the way, since he wasn’t able to do that to you these past few days. He was quite busy with school works, and good thing he’s free today. You have so many questions to ask.

            The bus stopped in front of your favorite noodle house. During elementary days, your parents always treat you here every time you’d accomplish something. And it’s been a long time since you’ve been here. You had a wonderful time reminiscing everything, playing around like kids. Your best friend really knows how to make you smile even on ordinary days, but mostly on times you are confused or bothered.

            For a while, you forget all these things that made you confused.

            After having a long talk, and an enjoyable meal ,you two decided to take a walk along this busy streets of the city. You pass by different stores, busy people, some were going home. But that didn’t bother you. The lights along the way, played like stars that made you so fascinated. DaeSung, who lost on a little game of yours a while ago, carries your bag while walking. He is following you a like a little kid with his mom.

            You passed by a store selling sweets. You can’t help but feel hungry again, since you haven’t been eating sweets for a long time. Your mom doesn’t allow you to eat any of these, because you always get sick after eating one. Drinking water is something you always forgot.

            It s a small store colored in pink. Different kinds of candies are sold, from those round brown colored chocolate filled sweets, to these big lollipops you only see during Halloween. Jars of these sweet goodies are displayed on the stores wide window. You can’t help but put a big smile on your face in amusement. You went near door, and peeked in. And in surprise, you see the lady making these cones of cotton candies, your ultimate favorite.

            “Ya. Where are you going?”, DaeSung asked as he was behind you.

            But it was too late.

            You are already inside the store, and bought two of these cloud-like sweets. You went out of the store, all smiles. DaeSung looked at you like he doesn’t like what you did.

            “____________, you know you are not allowed to eat sweets. Your mom might get mad of me. She told me to take care of you.”, he said, with a pouting mouth

“You are taking care of me. …”, you said, still smiling. You just can’t help yourself since you had deprived yourself in this. And you know you have your limitations.

“…Here. This one is for you.”, you said, handing him the other cone of cotton candy you bought.

            “Is this a bribe?”, he said, like he is making fun as he accepts it. You two then started to walk again, looking at the view of the city lights.

“No. Why would I do that?”, you asked, while eating your cotton candy.

“It’s because, I know you want us to talk about something.”, DaeSung said, as he suddenly stopped walking. He drops his lucky coin and tries to look for it.

“You know who I wanted to talk about…”, you said, as you continued walking, eating your cotton candy. A man then comes in, as it accidentally walked near you. You then hold the sleeve of his clothing, since it’s already evening and you are out on the busy city street.

            DaeSung asked you to hold the sleeve of his shirt every time you are at night, and most especially if you are in the city.

“Of course I know…”, he said, since finally he was able to find his lucky coin, but he wasn’t able to continue what he wanted to say.  He froze in his position, as he stares at you for a long time. He even bit his lip in surprise, and yes embarrassment

“Hmm. It’s JiYong…”, you said, as you while looking at your cotton candy.

“…I don’t know. I know you are fully aware of what happened the last time. And it was quite embarrassing, that we had just met and I had already experienced so many things. The unexpected kiss, the accidental embrace I made. I felt so embarrassed, and I just want to talk to him like nothing happened. But I don’t think I can do it, especially now. I admit, he’s such a nice guy, with those eyes that would make you feel like dying every time it would stare at you, his warm hands that would make you feel at ease. I don’t know, Dae. But I think I’m fully aware of what you told me before…”, you said, walking continuously, still staring at the cotton candy you are holding.

“I think I like him, Dae. I think…”, you said, as you look at DaeSung who you thought was the person beside you.

Your jaw-drops in surprise, no words came out of your mouth. You had almost died .

It was JiYong who was beside you, all the time you are saying everything about him.

As DaeSung was behind you, also in so much shock. He stands there in his position, ice-cold. He even bit his lip in so much embarrassment.

He looks at you in surprise, as his cheeks turn red. You are even holding the sleeve of his shirt, not letting go.

Unexpected kiss, accidental hug. Fated to be together.