I'm Hugging A Mushroom

A Love Like This [ H i a t u s ]

[Listen to: I Will Follow You into the Dark by Death Cab For Cutie]

Author's Note: Ohhh!~ Taeminnie♥ XD I'm such a cheater. My own songs are too cheesy to broadcast on AFF, so I'm using Death Cab For Cutie. (: 

- - -

 

"Minho-hyung, I think we're interrupting something..." The brown-haired kid said, stepping out of the light.

Minho?! SHINee's Minho?! With.. with.. TAEMIN?! Holy. .

I've had far too many awkward moments in my seventeen years of life. Being walked in on when it looks like I'm about to have with Shim Changmin is just about the worst that's happened to me. Ever.

Finding the strength of Hercules, I managed to shove Changmin off me. He made this weird flopping noise, but he was a-okay. I didn't care whether or not I hurt him at this point, I just wanted out before those girly dudes recognized me.

"Hey... isn't tha"

. Too late.

I grabbed my messenger bag, leaving behind the mass of papers that fell out of it, and broke into a run towards the emergency exit on the side of the stage.

 


 

The next few weeks I spent either being bored in class with Changmin, or cutting class with Changmin. Even if when we weren't at school, I'd probably find him at the SM building practicing with Yunho-sshi. I ran into them once when I was waiting for Zayn. Oh. My. God. Yunho is so much hotter in person. Well, anyway. As you can see, Changmin and I hung out a lot whether we liked it or not. Well, we did! In any case, we've actually grown quite close to each other. 

Changmin told me his whole life story in one sitting over coffee. How his younger sisters are pestering him to meet me. How he can't wait to get his degree and get back into working full-time. Blah Blah Blah. He filled me in on all these little details, most of which I could live without though his little fangirls would probably kill to know. Nothing of interest, really. And I, well, I really don't really tell him anything. He kind of already knows all the important things about me from my transcripts, and that his co-worker, Zayn, and I are brother and sister. He likes to poke and prod me about my uninteresting personal life, but he'll find out in due time.

"Sonny-ah?" Changmin caught up with me after class ended for the weekend. "You know, you never told me you met SHINee." He said, bringing up that one day in the music hall.

"Well, I did." And I told him how I did.

"Pabo! (Stupid!)" He could barely contain his laughter. "Pabo! Pabo! Pabo!"

"I'm surprised you didn't know already." I yawned. "Aren't you, like, best-friends with Minho-sshi?" I looked up at the sky as we went outside. It's going to rain.

"Actually, I knew. Minho told me. I just wanted to hear you say it." He wiped away his laugh-induced-tears, following my gaze. "You need a ride?"

"Y-yeah." I felt a twinge of worry. "To SM, please. Zayn's taking me out to dinner tonight."

"Okay." He looked at me peculiarly, noticing my discomfort. "Not much of a rain-loving person, are you?" He said to himself, slipping my guitar gig bag off my shoulder and slinging it over his own as we walked towards his car. "Hey, what do you think of Taemin?"

"Mushroom." I climbed into the passenger seat. "Why?"

"No reason. He has something of yours, or so I'm told." He said, putting my guitar into the backseat and sliding into the driver's seat.

"I'd like them back hand-washed and air-dried."

"Eh? What're you talking about?" Changmin asked, pulling onto the main road.

"My underwear. What're you talking about?"

"... Pabo." He stopped in front of the familiar grey building amid the light drizzle. "Hey, Sonny-ah?" I paused from wrestling my guitar free of the backseat's seatbelt to look at him. "Get home safe, okay?" He said with a smile, trying to cover up his worry.

"Yeah. Thanks, Oppa." I gave him a weak smile before warily looking up at the black sky, "I'll be fine." 

 


 

Please be done soon.. Zayn and I went out for dinner together every Friday under this sort of unspoken agreement. He usually found me on the 11th floor, so I headed directly towards the white grand piano not bothering to check if he was working with anyone downstairs. 

I dragged my feet off the elevator and down the hall towards my little sanctuary.

No blinding light or tunnels to gates of white
Just our hands clasped so tight
Waiting for the hint of a spark

That's my song. I froze mid-step. It.. sounds like..

If heaven and hell decide that they both are satisfied
Illuminate the no's on their vacancy signs

Impossible. D-daddy? Is that you?

It's coming from down the hall, from the piano room. I took the last few steps and peered through the doorway.. hopeful, just hopeful..

If there's no one beside you when your soul embarks
Then I'll follow you into the dark

Oh. It's only Lee Taemin. I can't tell even begin describe to you the disappointment I felt. With a sigh, I turned to leave. The singing and piano playing stopped.

"You must really not like me. What is this? The third time you're running away?"

I didn't say anything, only stood under the doorway. I could feel eyes, Taemin's eyes, boring holes into my back.

"What? No apology?" I turned to look at him. He smiled cutely at me from the piano bench. "I smelled like chicken for days after that."

"Don't make me hit you." I stuck my tongue out. And to think I mistook a mushroom for my Dad. Tch.

"You know, this is pretty good." He gestured to the papers on the stand, the papers that fell out of my bag that day in Kyunghee's music hall. Oh.

"It should be. I mean, I wrote it." I said mildly, walking over to where he was. "It was written to be played with a guitar though." His eyes averted to the guitar bag slung around my shoulder. "And no, I won't play it for you." I added brightly.

He looked at me, then laughed. "Okay. Okay. I'm not stupid, I know when someone wants me to get out." He stood up to leave.

Just then, thunder rumbled.. and I found my hand on his sleeve. I was pulling him towards me, tears theatened to come out.

"Uh..." He looked at me questioningly. "Wai"

The sound of thunder crashed into my ears. Next thing I knew.. I was tightly hugging Taemin.