Eheheh.. heh.. heh.. I'm not in trouble, am I?

A Love Like This [ H i a t u s ]

[Listen to: I Will Follow You into the Dark by Death Cab For Cutie]

Author's Note: So uhm. How many different idols have I managed to badly cram into this fanfic?
LOL. Nevermind. Thanks for commenting/subscribing/reading. (:

- - -

 

"Hey, there." I waved with my free hand at a familiar brunette bounding towards me.

"Sonny-ah?" He shook his hair out of his face, leaning towards me. "We have Performance and Chorus together on Wednesdays."

Taemin peered at this man from the rim of his sunglasses. "Hongki-hyung?"

Hongki... Hongki... Hunky Hongki? OH. Lee Hongki! I hopped forward, startling Taemin-oppa and Hongki-sunbae. Hongki! Dude's got a hell of a set of pipes. I stand next to him in Chorus and he belts everything out. He knows he's good, and he flaunts his abilities over all of us weak vocalists. Nyahh. I snorted inwardly. What was that band he was part of..? Something Island?

"Hongki-sunbae!" I said cheerily. "Hope your warming up your voice properly."

"Oh, I am." Hongki patted my head, glancing between me and the mushroom behind me from underneath the visor of his trucker hat. "I've learned my lesson; I don't wanna lose my voice again." His eyes stayed on Taemin. "Do I know you?"

"Err..." Crap. What if he gets recognized?! "This is.. my.. uh.. my—"

"Boyfriend." Taemin finished, nudging me playfully.

".. Boyfriend." I confirmed, rolling my eyes. "We were just shopping."

"I can see that." Sunbae laughed, throwing his head back. "Does your boyfriend have a nam—"

"HYUNG!" A kid with his hoodie drawn popped out from behind the aisle holding a small Noise from the Basement plastic shopping bag. "I have my strings, let's g—" He paused, his brown eyes locked on mine. "Why, hello there! Hyung, who's this cutie?"

"Taemin. Lee Taemin." His hand tightened around mine as he stepped forward. "Thanks, I get that a lot. But I prefer being called cutie-patootie." Taemin said, grinning boyishly.

"Oppa," I tried yanking him back, rolling my eyes. "Mianhae. (Sorry.) Taemin's just being a green mushroom, don't mind him."

"Mushroom?" Both Sunbae and the hooded kid laughed.

"Aigooo," Hongki lifted Taemin's beanie a bit to reveal a shock of light brown hair. "Taemin-ah. Didn't recognize you there, mianhae." Then he winked at me, taking on a more serious tone with Oppa, "Take care of Sonny-ah. If you hurt her, I'll kill you and make it look like an accident!" Sunbae turned to his companion, "Okay, Seunghyun~ie! Let's go!" Hongki swiveled back, waving at us. "Later!"

"See you, Sunbae." I waved, giggling at the sight of Taemin bowing to his hyungs. "Take care—you and the other Ecchi Island members!" That Seunghyun dude gave me a weird look before bursting out into laughter as he and Hongki walked through the door. "What?" My hand flew to my cheek. "Do I have something on my face?"

"No," Taemin laughed, turning my head to check as we walked towards the selection of guitars. "But you said Ecchi  Island. They're called F.T. Island."

"Oh, did I?" I frowned. Oh, wait, isn't ecchi like lewd pictures of anime charactererrr.. nevermind. "Oops." I said, giggling, as I plopped down on a stool, grabbing a white acoustic. "Whatever, cutie-patootie." I added teasingly, tuning the instrument.

"YAH!" Taemin pouted, inspecting a few guitars hanging on the wall behind me. "That's cutie-patootie-sshi to you! Stop being so informal, it hurts my mushroom."

I snorted, playing a few chords. Taemin got quiet, 'bout time, and his eyes followed my left hand on the fret board.

"Sonny-ah," He started, watching me fiddle with the strings. "What was that song you wrote?"

The corners of my mouth twitched. "If I didn't let you hear it yesterday, what makes you think I'll let you hear it today?" I stuck my tongue out at Taemin.

"Because," His eyes got bigger and his hands went up to his cheeks. I suppressed a giggle, is that supposed to be aegyo?! "We're a couple now, and we should shower each other with love!"

"Okay," I stopped playing, puckering my lips and closing my eyes. "I'm waiting!"

I heard Taemin chuckle as he picked up my right hand slowly, placing something small and thin in the center of my palm. I felt his fingers close my hand around the item, discovering it was a sample pick. "Yah!" I opened my eyes to see Taemin's brown beauties gazing at mine. "That's not a showering of lov—"

His lips brushed mine, silencing me. It was a while before my free arm s over his shoulder, bringing him closer. I felt his hands cup the sides of my face. My heart raced in my chest from this abrupt make-out session.. or a lack of oxygen. Maybe both, but who cares.

"Mmhmm." I broke away, incapable of forming intelligible words for a few moments. "Cutie-patootie-sshi, a kiss or a song?"

"Can't I have both?" Taemin breathed into my face. He lightly pecked me again before settling onto the stool next to me.

I smiled, shaking away my lightheadedness. This boy, I giggled to myself, starting with a few chords.

Love of mine, someday you will die
But I'll be close behind, I'll follow you into the dark

I looked over at Taemin. He seemed to be into it—shaking his head to the beat  like he understood what I was saying, even if I was singing in English.

No blinding light or tunnels to gates of white
Just our hands clasped so tight
Waiting for the hint of a spark

He saw me staring at him, and he smiled back.

If heaven and hell decide that they both are satisfied
Illuminate the no's on their vacancy signs

If there's no one beside you when your soul embarks
Then I'll follow you into the dark

I ended it there, cutting my sad excuse for a love song short, smiling stupidly at the beautiful boy gazing lovingly at me. "So," I blushed, looking down. "How was it, cutie-patootie-sshi?"

"I.. uh.." Taemin blinked. "Didn't know I was pronouncing all those words wrong."

"LEE TAEMIN?!" I huffed, considering hitting him with the guitar. "IS THAT ALL?!"

"No," Taemin continued, laughing at me. "But I need to take studying English seriously so I can better sing and understand that beautiful sounding song... just like its beautiful writer."

"Oppa," My eye twitched, hearing him pronounce English as Engrish-u. "Nice save."

"Yeap!" He laughed, taking the guitar from me and placing it back on the rack. "Now come on, it's past my usual dinner time."

"But.. we just had ice cream a little over an hour ago." I stated, scratching my head.

"Key-hyung usually makes me something at this this hour," Taemin added cutely, sounding like a little kid. "Besides, I'm still hungry."

"Oppa," I smirked, standing up to give him a light hug. I slyly I slipped the red guitar pick into his back pocket. "Are you sure you're older than me?" I teased.

"Yah! I'm still a growing boy!" He whined into my shoulder. "And this growing boy needs to take care of his growing girl, too!" Taemin continued teasingly as he took my hand and led me out of the music store.

"Yah!" I ripped my hand from his, crossing my arms over my chest. "Are you making fun of me?" I asked cutely, referring to my height as I looked up at him. "I'm not that short!"

"Silly dongsaeng." Taemin laughed, taking my hand once again. "Who said you were short? Besides, you're fun-sized."

I smiled to myself, walking through the door held open for me.

 


 

"Steak!" Taemin shouted eagerly at the waitress of the restaurant. The poor girl wasn't much older than us, and she looked half frightened to death.

"Make that two, please." I added, smiling at the bundle of nerves jotting down our orders. She gave us a curt nod before turning to walk in the direction of the kitchen.

Oppa removed his sunglasses and hat, placing them on the table. In the bistro's dim lighting, it was unlikely that anyone would recognize him. We specifically requested a private booth in the corner of the restaurant, far from the entrance.

"So," He said, fixing his hair. "Tell me about Kirra. You said she went to the hospital, she okay?"

"Yeah," I sighed, leaning on my arm. "She just had an asthma attack, but my friend took her to pediatric ER. As far as I know, it's all good." I looked up from watching water droplets slide down the side of the glass of iced Pepsi. "You have any siblings?"

"An older brother." He nodded, eyes sparkling. "Name's Taesun."

"D'you guys look similar?" I giggled at the mental picture of younger Taemin and his faceless brother wrestling.

"People say we do," Taemin leaned back. "Frankly, I don't think we look anything alike."

"Yeah," I smiled. "People say that about me and Zayn all the time."

"That's funny," Taemin cocked his head, playing with the silverware. "You two don't look similar at all. Hyung takes after your mom. You look like more like your dad."

"Oh?" The corners of my mouth twitched. "How would you know, Oppa?"

"Hyung keeps an old photo of you and your parents in his office." He explained. "You were really cute when you were younger. What happened?" Taemin teased, laughing at my reaction. "Kidding. Anyway, where was that taken? Boracay perhaps? Beautiful scenery."

"Yeah," I remembered the picture in that photo album back at the apartment. Zayn probably has the original copy, I chuckled inwardly. "I haven't been there in a while." I admitted, watching the waitress return with our orders. She placed the plates of steaming hot steak in front of us, doing a double take at Taemin and running back to the safety of the kitchen.

"Yeaaaahhh," Oppa laughed at the waitress, stabbing into the meat. "Haven't been where? Boracay?" He added.

I nodded, pushing the food around on my plate.

"Oh," Taemin smiled, cutting my meat for me. "Do you want to go?"

I looked up questioningly, seeing Taemin shrug at my expression.

 


 

"Are you sure?"

"Yes," Taemin said exasperatedly, dragging me into the lobby of an apartment building. "Why are you so worried? You've met them already."

"Isn't it a little too soon for this?" I pouted, anchoring myself on the handle of the door. "I mean, it's just that we've only been, y'know, dating, for a day."

"Is that really why you're worried?!" He snorted, giving up on prying me away from the entrance. "Besides, all the members knew. Even your brother knew!"

"Eh?" My grip on the door loosened, and Taemin took me by the waist and carried me to the elevator. "Knew? Knew what? That you've been secretly stalking me and your unconditional love for the girl that originally thought SHINee was a bunch of chicks is comparable to Onew's adoration with chicken?"

His face was blank. "You thought we were girls?"

"Tch." I rolled my eyes, flailing my arms and legs in mid-air. "C'mon! You guys fill out your skinny jeans better than I do!"

"I beg to differ." Taemin laughed, stepping out of the elevator on the fourth floor. "Anyway, they should all be home by now. I'm not so sure about Changmi—"

"LEE TAEMIN." The door to SHINee's apartment flew open. "Where have you been?!" Taemin dropped me on the carpeted floor of the hallway.

Ow. I stood up, rubbing my rear, avoiding eye contact with SHINee's Umma.

"Hyung," Taemin was pulling his aegyo on Kibum-sshi. "Not in front of Sonny!"

I looked up at the sound of my name, seeing Kibum's eyes scrunitize Taemin, then watching him slowly turn to me.

"Ah!" Kibum smiled warmly, leading me inside. "Sonny-ah! Nice to see you, Zayn-hyung and Taeminnie talk about you all the time in rehearsal."

"HYUNG!" Taemin whined, latching himself onto Kibum's shirt. "Stop i—"

"YAH!" Kibum turned to Taemin, pushing him back into the hallway and closing the door on him.

I stiffled a giggle watching this unfold before me. Someone cleared their throat behind me in the living room.

"Uh.. " I turned to see six figures lounging around on various pieces of furniture. "Hey, there."