You're Not My Oppa

A Love Like This [ H i a t u s ]

[Listen to: Love by C.N. Blue]

Author's Note: Seems the only time I'll get to update is on the weekends. |: Sorry, guyses. Like I mentioned before, January is a beezay month for me. Gyah.

A lot of foul language in this chapter, just tellin' you now. You know the worst part? I actually talk like this when I'm mad.

Special guest appearance! A jillion points to you, if you figure out who! (: Shouldn't be hard. LOL.

- - -

 

"Sonny, relax. It's fine. Kirra's fine, she's resting now." Chris said calmly. "We're at the Montefiore Hospital on 5th. Good thing it was close to the park."

"Stop playing it off. How bad is she?" I could barely keep my composure. "Don't you dare lie to me."

Changmin was carefully watching me. Part of me wondered whether he could understand. The three SHINee members across from us were too engrossed by themselves and their food to notice that I was almost shouting in rapid English into my hand. My phone, actually.

"She had an asthma attack when we were walking and she—"

"Did you bring her pump?!"

"Of course, bu—"

"But what?! Don't you know how to use it?!"

"Of course I do! But it wouldn't work, ran out of medicin—"

"Ran out of medicine?! How can you run out?! You should always bring a ing spare cartridge, ! Especially when you're gonna go for a ing walk!" I yelled into the receiver. By this time, everyone in the restaurant was either glaring daggers, or curiously staring at me wondering what I was saying. Me and my incessant English babble.

"Hey, don't ing get mad at me. It's your ing fault she started crying and . You couldn't find the ing time in your oh-so busy schedule to give her a ing call." Chris said, his voice rising.

"You promised, Chris." I said bitterly, gripping the edge of the table with my free hand.

Changmin and Jonghyun were watching me intently. I looked away.

"Kirra's not my ing baby sister!" Chris shouted into my ear.

"You know what?! you, Chris! You still ing promised to take care of my ing BABY SI—" I shouted back, not getting to finish my sentence. I got up to take this outside when I saw the manager approach our table.

Oh, HELL.

 


 

I stood by the curb, still fuming. I know he's right, but what am I supposed to do? Besides, yelling and cursing makes me feel better. I kicked a trash-can in my frustration, only resulting in hurting my toe.

. . . . KKKKI hobbled over to Changmin's street-parked car, turning off my phone knowing that Umma and Jun would call me soon about Kirra going to the Pediatric Emergency Room. If they bothered me now, I'd totally fly overnight back home just to skin a son-of-a-. Best-friend or not, I'll have Chris's pretty little head on a silver platter. Gritting my teeth, I leaned against Changmin's car, too embarrassed to go back inside the restaurant.

And so I stood there, waiting for a dinosaur and 3Min to finish enjoying their little meal, shaking with anger beyond words, and annoyed to the point of tears. Music. I need music! Not caring who walked by on the sidewalk, I took out my iPod and starting singing loudly to whatever song was playing.

You know I want to get, get, get your love
Love, love, Love, everybody clap, clap, clap
I want you back to me

꿈에서라도 니 손을 잡던

           I want to go back to those days
그 때로 돌아가고 싶은데
           When I held your hand, even in a dream

My hands twitched to play guitar as I sang my heart out, looking like a complete idiot. So I badly danced to the catchy guitar riffs, swinging my hips to the beat. People were just watching me as they walked by like I was a street performer, or something.

Love, love, Love, everybody clap, clap, clap
I want you back to
me
꿈에서라도 돌아온다면

           If you came back, at least in my dreams
세상을 다 가진 것 같을텐데
           I'd feel like I'd own the whole world

Someone tapped my shoulder. Yay! They're done eating!

"Oppa!~" I sang sweetly, happy to see Changmin with Taemin, Jonghyun, and Minho. But instead, I found myself staring up at two very tall guys, the one with dark-brown hair was holding a guitar gigbag. Well, that's rather inaccurate, since almost everyone is taller than me. Anyway. These hooded giants, as good looking as they were, looked down at me, smiling creepily. But that might've been because it was dark... and I was looking up at them from a weird angle.

"You're.. not my oppa." I said, my happiness deflated like a balloon that lost air, backing up into Changmin's car.

Ohmygod. Ohmygod. Ohmygod. Bad things are happening!