Rundown & Underground

A Love Like This [ H i a t u s ]

Author's Note: MEHEHEHEHEHEHEH. LOLSORRYGUISES.
Busy getting depressed.. and.. aging.
Even though I'm prolly younger than most of you here.
Ahem. :'D


We all knew who that was, right? LOL. ermyeah.
Buh-two-st. Two-Pee-Em-eu.
Hurhurhur. okayanyway.

Thanks for subscribing/commenting/reading. ♥.
I'm gonna go sob in my little corner now.

- - -

 

"Omo!" I forced myself to breathe, snuggling closer into my hero's chest. "Taemin-oppa!"

"I thought the plan was to meet at the front?" He frowned, trying to put me down but I clung to him like a koala.

"You were here, too!" I defended, playing with his hoodie-string-thingers. "And you're late!" I exclaimed, poking him hard—well, I thought it was hard, but he seemed totally unfazed with the fact that I bent my finger back on his chest.

"B'aw!" He pinched my nose, leading us into a brisk walk towards the front entrance. "My little Sonny-ah is cranky from a long day at school."

"You try showing up for class on a Sunday morning." I huffed after SHINee's hooded maknae. "Graduate high school first, Taemin-ah, then you can kiddy-talk me."

"Pft. Our school systems are just different." He argued, snatching my mesh cap and putting it on his own head as he broke into a light jog out of the front gate.

"Yah!" I screeched, chasing after him and running over upperclassmen lounging along the sidewalk. "You said you wanted to pick me up but now you're leaving me behind?! What kind of boyfriend are you?!"

"Then hurry up, you snail!" Taemin shouted near a blinking cross walk some distance away. He was laughing.

"Oppa!" I pouted, swaying my body cutely from left to right. "Little Sonny-ah is tired!"

"So?" His voice carried over the beeping traffic.

I held my arms open, giving my best smile. "Carry me?"

"Eh—" He paused mid-laugh and cocked his head. I could hear my sunbaes snickering around me.

My boyfriend scratched his head, peering back at me from the shade of my cap on his head as he sauntered back to where I stood.

"Fine." He said, smiling cheesily at me. He bent over back facing me. "Hop on, munchkin."

"e." I muttered, happily jumping on Taemin's back nonetheless and laughing at his sour expression. My scrawny appendages clamped around his body and my bag flopped awkwardly between us, but that was okay. Taemin won't be able to feel the pounding of my heart through stacks of crumpled sheet music. "You know, I've always wanted my own pony."

Taemin snorted, walking slowly in the direction of my apartment.

He was quiet. So I decided to keep my mouth shut. But this silence was kind of dampering.

Every step he took, I bounced haphazardly. So I clung closer to him, despite the beating protests in my chest. My head found Taemin's shoulder to lean on, and I could see he was thinking deeply about something—his lips were pressed into a thin line. Thinking no more of it, I buried my nose into his sweater.

And not to sound like a creep or anything, but Taemin smells good.

I can't even describe it, but it's nothing like those gross colognes guys spray themselves with, and I found myself discreetly trying to take whiffs.

Sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiff. I smiled dumbly at the people walking by us. Sniff. Sniff. Sniiiiff.

"What." Taemin twisted his neck to give me questioning look from under the bill of my mesh cap. "Are. You. Doing."

"You smell good." I said, simply as we passed by a grocery store. And before Taemin could reply, I tightened my arms around his neck and steered him inside. "Wait! Wait! I need to buy groceries!"

"I thought," Taemin wheezed, prying me loose and dropping me into a shopping cart. "You went this morning?"

"Uhm." I clambered out of the small metal push cart, giving a What?-Are-You-Stalking-Me? look at Taemin.

"Changmin-hyung told me." Taemin said giddily, shoving the cart forward towards the sweets and junk food aisle. "He also said something about avoidin—omo! Sonny-ah, your face is red!"

"What? No. I'm fine." I kept my face down, remembering Changmin.. and.. last night. With a huff, I decided I'd keep whatever happened last night to myself. No need to blow this up into something with disastrous results.

"Yah!" I shouted, staring at all the junk food that magically accumulated in my cart and pointing at the several packs of banana milk Taemin just Kobe Bryant'd into the cart. "Put all that crap back! I'm paying for this!"

"Neh, umma." Taemin stuck his tongue out mockingly, swooping everything out except one carton of milk. "Sheesh. You're pickier than Key-hyung."

"Aish," I smacked my forehead, grabbing two boxes of instant soup as I rolled through the store. "This kid. Leaving the milk. Is he implying something?!" I looked down at my feet, and that automatic thought of feeling so close to the floor popped into mind.

"Sonny!" Taemin came back a few minutes later, white grocery bags occupying his arms. He paused, glancing between the contents in the cart and me reaching for bread. His eyebrows were raised. "What? Are instant kimchi flavored noodles the only thing you can cook?"

"Well, I.. uh.." I mumbled, grabbing some fruit and wheeling away to the cashier. "I don't have the time to—"

"Don't have the time?" He repeated, laughing as he caught my wrist with his free hand. "You're lucky I bought all this for you then."

My eyes darted to the bags in his arms: all the food he was supposed to put back. This kid.. I mentally slapped him.

"I hope you're not expecting to get paid back." I hissed, piling my groceries on the counter and counting out bills for the cashier. "Because you're not."

"That's okay." He eyed the ahjumma shoving the boxes of instant soup into bags. "And how about we pass by the dorm before heading out later, okay? You need a nice home cooked meal."

"Mmm. Cute. Gonna force Key-umma to cook something." I blew bangs out of my eyes, staring down Taemin. "Why are you being so nice?"

"I have to take care of my girlfriend, don't I?" Taemin gave me a sweet smile, picking up the rest of the groceries and leading the way back to my place.

Something's up. I rolled my eyes, watching SHINee's pampered maknae stumble across the street.

 


 

"Sonny-ah," Key sat down next to me, sliding another bowl of kimchi towards Taemin. "How's my dokbokki?"

"Awesome!" I grinned, tearing my eyes away from the star shaped rice cake between my chop-sticks. "Can you, like, just cook for me forever? Leave SHINee and be my personal chef?! :D"

"But someone needs to make sure Jinki doesn't wipe out the chicken population." Key laughed, getting up to get another glass of milk for me. "Take some food some with you, I made too much."

"It's just dokbokki." I shrugged, watching Taemin inhale his food. "But I wouldn't mind taking some home with me."

"Well, I'll just pack all that's left for you." I could hear him scraping silverware together as he made his way back to the dining table. He set a little box handkerchief tied around it on the table. "It'll go to waste if it's left here."

"Hm? Nobody likes your cooking?" I arched an eyebrow, biting into heart shaped rice cake. "I find that hard to believe."

"Oh, no." Key laughed in that diva-sort-of way, flipping his imaginary hair back. "We won't be—"

"MWOUCH!"

Taemin silenced him with a sharp kick on the shin.

Except.

He missed.

He kicked me.

"Yah!" I glared at Taemin, swatting him away when he tried to come close as Key was rubbing my probably-already-turning-blue leg. Instead he kissed my forehead in apology as he grabbed my take-home food.

Key was glaring at Taemin, who in turn was shrugging his shoulders. Mother and son communicating? I snorted, watching the two physically argue with hand gestures. When Key began pointing at me, eyes on fire, Taemin grabbed my hand and we left.

"Hey, wait!" I ripped my hand away from his as we stormed out of the building. "What was that about?"

"What was what about?" Taemin turned, all traces of frustration gone and replaced with a cheery smile.

"Oh, whoa, now. Don't give me tha—"

"—Hey, it's almost time! Let's go!" Taemin cut me off, running ahead towards the main street.

"OH, MY GOD. LEE TAE-FRIGGIN'-MIN." I chased him across three city blocks before he ducked into an alley way.

It was dark. And dirty. There was a fence all the way on the other side. It smelled like pee and alcohol. Yet among all the filth, there was a party of some sort going on.

He took my hand, dragging me along to a doorway; the source of loud pulsing music. Flashing strobe lights that shined through the dirty windows indicated a rundown dance club.

"Now, before you say anything," Taemin shushed me when I opened my mouth about where we were. "I want you to never speak about what you're going to see. This place must be kept a secret, and only the best street dancers show up here."

"Oh, so you're not going to me." I let out a sigh in relief, looking around.

"Shush. I'm talking." Taemin laughed, pinching my cheek. "I'll tell you everything later, but right now I just want you to see this with me and be ooh'd and awe'd."

"Everything." I repeated threateningly, poking his chest before letting him take me inside.