Don't Scare Me Like That!

A Love Like This [ H i a t u s ]

Author's Note: Just to clarify, the [Listen to: ...] box is not always a moodsetter. Well, I was listening to the song(s) while I was writing the chapter, so maybe it'll set the mood for you readers out there? XDiuno.

- - -

 

Zzzt. Zzzt. Zzzt.

I felt Taemin fidget with every vibration. Hold up, dying.

Play it off, Sonny! Play it off! I mentally chanted to myself, fighting off the blush that was creeping across my face.

"Eh.. heh.. either that's a phone, or you're really happy to see me." I said without thinking, as I turned my head to look at Taemin. Changmin and Jonghyun exchanged comical glances up front. I saw Minho silently chuckle out of the corner of my eye before turning to look out the window.

Damnit! Not like that! I made a mental note of bashing my head in later, but I still had the satisfaction of watching Taemin turn crimson. Teehee! 

"Heh.. kidding. That's.. my cell. It should stop.. soon.."

And it did. Thankfully. Insert massive sigh of relief here.

"Make a left here." Jonghyun directed Changmin.

I poked Minho's arm, making him turn towards me. And he kind of stared me down with this.. look. Flaming Charisma, much? Sizzle.

I shrunk away. I mean, wouldn't you? Minho's pretty freakin' tall, and I barely come up to his knee. Not literally, but still! I swear, Minho could step on me, and it'll be all over. D'oh!

But the second he turned away, I started poking his arm like mad!

Poke! Poke! Poke!

"Think you're cute, eh?!" Minho swiveled around to glare at me. And he poked my tummy. Correction. He stabbed my mid-section with his pointy- finger.

You'd better believe it hurt. ): I squeaked. And I bounced in my seat—I mean, Taemin—but, he's my seat, right? Well, yeah.

"Hyung! Leave Sonny alone!" Taemin whacked the older boy with his hand. I couldn't help but notice how his arm returned to the position wrapped around my waist. I twiddled my fingers, blushing a little. And to make matters worse.

Zzzt. Zzzt. Zzzt.

... God damn.

 


 

"I want.. uh.. one of those.. thin strawberry filled pancakes.. uh.. what do you call them?" Changmin asked, second to last to order, as he glanced at me from our obviously foreign waiter.

"Il veut un crêpe aux fraises. (He wants a strawberry crêpe.)" I looked up from my menu and smiled at our server. "Et moi, je voudrais une glace au chocolat, s'il vous plait. (And me, I would like chocolate ice cream, please.)"

Jonghyun, Minho, and Taemin looked at me, surprise written on their faces.

"Oui, mademoiselle. Est-ce que tu parles français? (Yes, miss. You speak French?)" He smiled brightly at me, as if pleased to find a fellow French speaker.

"Oui, mais je ne suis pas française. Êtes-vous? (Yeah, but I'm not French. Are you?)"

"Mais oui! (Yes!)" He cocked his head, smiling as he gestured towards his tanned face and fair hair. "Oh! Excusez-moi! (Oh! Excuse me!)" He apologized, aware that everyone at the table was staring at him, and left to fill our orders.

"Show off..." Changmin muttered, playing with a napkin.

"Weird way to flirt." Taemin commented, imitating the waiter's gestures.

"He wasn't." I yawned, leaning against the back of my chair.

"Oh, hey. I'm gonna go to the restroom." Minho stood up across from me to go.

"Me, too." Taemin added, getting up.

"3Min." Changmin-oppa left with them.

Eh.. And I was left with.. creepy Kim Jonghyun. He looked at me, raising his eyebrows like he did last time we met. I laughed, proceeding to flip my hair back and look the other way.

"Neh! Jonghyun-sshi!" I leaned forward, slamming my hands on the glass table.

"Oppa." He corrected, grinning at me.

I pouted.

"Jonghyunnie-oppa." He prompted.

"Jonghyunnie-oppa," I said slowly.

He sat forward, leaning diagonally towards me. A 100 watt smile plastered on his face.

"You look like a dinosaur." I said, sticking my tongue out at him.

"Mwoh?!" Jonghyun moved closer. "Sonny-ah?! Respect your elders!" He pinched my nose.

Zzzt. Zzzt. Zzzt.

God. Again?!

We both leaned back, looking at each other as we felt around for our phones.

"It's mine." I said, taking my phone out. I looked at the screen. Twenty-seven text messages, all of them from the same person. I opened the first one I received sometime before.

From: Chriscakes^^;

Takin Kirra out 2 Central Park

Then I opened the next one.

From: Chriscakes^^;

She misses u. She says u havent called 4 a while

Then the next one.

From: Chriscakes^^;

Srsly, dude shes crying

Then... the next one.

From: Chriscakes^^;

Where u keep her pump?

I sat there, staring at my phone, wondering what he meant by that. I didn't notice that 3Min, or whatever, came back. And our waiter had already set the table with the food.

"Your ice cream's melting." Someone told me, though I couldn't tell who. I waved them off, pushing the ice cream towards the center of the table, gesturing for them to eat it.

Pump... I tapped my fingers against glass table, unconciously watching Minho eating across from me. He caught me staring, grinning as he took a giant bite out of his crème brûlée. In his smile.. I saw Kirra..

Pump.. The only pump-related thing with her would be her asthmOh, God no.

I opened the text I received just a few minutes before.

From: Chriscakes^^;

@ the hospital

As if to prove my worst fears..

♪ Hold you in my arms / I just wanted to hold you in my arms / My life / You electrify my life / Let's conspire to re-ignite